International Simulation Football League
Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Ultimus Neutral Site Game (/showthread.php?tid=3494)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Bzerkap - 08-18-2017

As far as I know, there is no way to create a neutral-site game in the sim, and as we all know home-field advantage seems to be a big difference maker.

My suggestion is pretty simple, sim 5 games with NSFC champ at home and 5 with ASFC champ at home. Then we take the average score of those games and keep simming a game until we find a score that is close enough to that average and stream that game.

To keep it fair I suggest the simmer streams his sims to the entire HO and one representative of each team before simming the final game to everyone else. The people viewing the sim would obviously have to keep their lips tight about the results or be punished in some way.

This I think is a simple way to eliminate home-field advantage and ensure the best team wins in a neutral-site fashion.

Bumping this cuz the Bank Accounts suggestion is taking all my views!!

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Admin - 08-18-2017

I can't say I'm a fan.

I asked one of the wolverine mods who I believe is a programmer for the game too and was told this

"It's very minor and most likely won't be noticed. There is no way to modify it or turn it off. The championship game still has it turned on, I think, but that may be changed in future versions."

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - kckolbe - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 01:09 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:As far as I know, there is no way to create a neutral-site game in the sim, and as we all know home-field advantage seems to be a big difference maker.

My suggestion is pretty simple, sim 5 games with NSFC champ at home and 5 with ASFC champ at home. Then we take the average score of those games and keep simming a game until we find a score that is close enough to that average and stream that game.

To keep it fair I suggest the simmer streams his sims to the entire HO and one representative of each team before simming the final game to everyone else. The people viewing the sim would obviously have to keep their lips tight about the results or be punished in some way.

This I think is a simple way to eliminate home-field advantage and ensure the best team wins in a neutral-site fashion.

I actually really like the concept. However, @DeathOnReddit assured me the Ultimus game was already a neutral field.

(08-18-2017, 02:20 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:I can't say I'm a fan.

I asked one of the wolverine mods who I believe is a programmer for the game too and was told this

"It's very minor and most likely won't be noticed. There is no way to modify it or turn it off. The championship game still has it turned on, I think, but that may be changed in future versions."
I think you been, as @ADwyer87 says, "heckin bamboozled!". The home/road splits are pretty crazy.

Team | Home | Away
Wraiths | 5-0 | 2-4
Hawks | 6-0 | 1-4
Yeti | 4-0 | 2-5
Liberty | 3-2 | 1-4
Outlaws | 6-0 | 2-2
Otters | 4-1 | 2-4
SabreCats | 3-3 | 0-5
Legion | 1-5 | 1-4

Home Win % = 74.4 | Away Win % = 25.6

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Admin - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I actually really like the concept.  However, @DeathOnReddit assured me the Ultimus game was already a neutral field.
I'd love to hear what he has to say.

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - Roshambo - 08-18-2017

Though incredibly unlikely (and wouldn't even be revealed regardless) I don't like thinking of a scenario where a team could win 9/10 games, or hell even a majority of them, just to have the results thrown out to give us a better "show" - using averages or not

Sad

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - kckolbe - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 01:35 PM)Roshambo Wrote:Though incredibly unlikely (and wouldn't even be revealed regardless) I don't like thinking of a scenario where a team could win 9/10 games, or hell even a majority of them, just to have the results thrown out to give us a better "show" - using averages or not

Sad
So that's a no from you, but a yes from your avatar. Got it. Genuinely, though, isn't it less exciting for you to kind of "know" which team will win?

(08-18-2017, 02:35 PM)Roshambo Wrote:Though incredibly unlikely (and wouldn't even be revealed regardless) I don't like thinking of a scenario where a team could win 9/10 games, or hell even a majority of them, just to have the results thrown out to give us a better "show" - using averages or not

Sad
The results aren't thrown out.

Let's say the finals is Outlaws - Hawks and after all the games are done the average score is:

Outlaws 27 - 20 Hawks

We wouldn't throw out the results we would take that score and keep simming games til there is a score close to that and then show a game where the final results is 27-20

Ultimus Neutral Site Game - DeathOnReddit - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 03:34 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote:I'd love to hear what he has to say.

ER TOLD ME. BLAME HIM!