International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade (/showthread.php?tid=35118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - visceralpotamus - 09-17-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - KingSean - 09-18-2021

Mario Messi - There are two memorable moments in the last ten seasons here: one is about the friendship and one is about the performance. When I first entered ISFL, I was drafted by the Hawks, which was not a very bad team at the beginning but fell off the cliff after one season. It was so bad that I did not believe the team could have any hope to win a title within the next five seasons. In this virtual sim league, it was tough to continue when facing this challenge, but my friends slate and jojojo reached out and transferred me to Sailfish, which is a really amazing team. I deeply appreciate the support. The second moment was the time when we won the championship in the last season. S30 was not an easy season at all - I was confused throughout the regular season since we always lost some games that I thought we could easily win. Sailfish had the highest average TPE among all the teams, but we just did not deliver the expected records. However, our sim luck changed significantly during the last 1/3 of the regular season and the whole playoffs. We won all the games with a significant score gap against our opponents. The moment of winning the title was really wonderful.
Words: 219

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - SouljaBoy2007 - 09-18-2021

My favorite moment of the last decade has to be the Yeti ending their championship drought. When I came into the league, we joked about the Yeti winning an Ultimus as if it would never happen. They'd been around from the start and yet they were still a factory of pain. But in the 22nd season of their drought, something magical happened. Led by a dynamic rushing attack that incorporated their star QB and a defense that allowed the second most points in the league, the Yeti snagged the 2 seed in the NSFC. After beating a 6-7 Sailfish team, the Yeti traveled to Yellowknife where they upset the 11-2 Wraiths in a defensive slugfest. In the Ultimus, the upstart Yeti faced an Orange County team that was nearing the end of their dynasty. Colorado got thrown around for the first 2 and a half quarters, being down 21-3 midway through the 3rd and 21-10 entering the 4th. A TD and 2 point conversion got the Yeti into striking distance, even after OCO kicked a field goal. Wolfie McDummy led the Yeti down the field in 4 minutes, culminating in a game winning touchdown pass to Yeti legend James Bishop with 38 seconds to play. The Yeti half of the stadium erupted, and they stormed the field as soon as the clock hit 0. The end of the Yeti's drought was one of the best moments in the last decode of sports and was definitely the best moment in the ISFL.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Modern_Duke - 09-18-2021

As I am officially an old head at this point, I can speak on the last 10 seasons from first hand experience, as I was well into my sim career 10 seasons ago. I'll start with the obvious, my best memory from the past 10 seasons has to be the Season 22 Ultimus victory, when my beloved Colorado Yeti overcame a 21-3 3rd quarter deficit over the Orange County Otters. Naturally, as my sole Ultimus victory, this is my favorite league memory. But I also want to give a shoutout to some of the other Yeti teams that I have been a part of, particularly the S24 and S25 teams that were the best teams in the league, despite falling short in the Ultimus each time.

My other favorite part of the past 10 seasons has been being a part of the London Royals as GM, war room member, and eventually, team member. London has had the good fortune of winning 2 championships over the past 10 seasons, our first in S24 over the Norfolk Seawolves and the second in S28 over the Tijuana Luchadores. Each one has a special place in my heart, S24 because it was the first one, and S28 because I could contribute as a player.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Troen - 09-18-2021

Prompt Wrote:And thats the end of the another ten seasons in the ISFL. Ahead of the start of Season 31, talk about what the most memorable or your favorite moment in these last ten seasons were. If you are new or wish to look forward rather than look back, talk about your hopes and ambitions for the next ten seasons.

My first season with the (then) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers was a clear standout time in the league. There was tons of energy both on the team and with myself due to the size of the class and the amount of learning and research I had to do with regards to the whole NSFL and its systems. We also ended up doing well which made the season enjoyable in its own right, but the novelty combined with the amount of information that was out there stood out. It's interesting, though - if I'd been answering this prompt at the end of that season with regards what stood out the most, I'm sure I would have said something that to be honest didn't stand the test of time compared to my impressions now. I think part of that is the draft out of the DSFL into the ISFL fragmented the teams we had. In some ways, that's the point I think? But still, it did mean that the emotional connections I had with the people didn't stick around in the same way, especially with going to Austin and trying to get really rolling there. The collective MBB experience is still a strong one to me, though, despite the specifics changing over time, and I'm really glad that they took the chance on me.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Attopax - 09-18-2021

My favorite moment in the last 10 seasons was getting drafted. It sounds cliche. I know that most people, especially veterans, would expect there to be a certain game or season which would stand out, but not true here. I could have picked the season Honolulu had a winning season for the first time or made the playoffs for the first time. That is certainly something that I am proud to be a part of. One of those seasons we also delivered the killing blow to Orange County's first season not making playoffs and giving them a losing season. So, I was definitely part of some historical moments in the league over the last ten years. However, there is something special about getting drafted in this league with your first player. Subsequent drafts, I would imagine, are not as magical or exhilarating, especially if you have been a GM or in a War Room and have "seen behind the curtain." Watching the stream live with my friends while we were mostly all in the same draft class and waiting to see where we'd go was a good experience objectively, but an even better experience to share with my friends who I was joining the league with.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Pib - 09-18-2021

I’ve only been present in the league for four of the last ten seasons. Two of those were with the London Royals, two with Arizona. There have definitely been a few standout moments for me along the way, with the obvious and most notable being the DSFL Ultimini win in S28, as I headed out the door at London. As part of the war room in London, I was able to witness everyone coming together to figure out a way to beat teams during our playoff run, where we were clearly the underdogs. This included completely changing our defensive formation, in an effort to not only improve our own performance but also to throw at sim testing they may have done in the bin. Sneaky moves by the London mandem. There was also something majestic about watching Lucid pull off the fabled forced fumble, recovery and touchdown on a single play.

In Arizona, it’s been a little more of an emotional rollercoaster. For a team that is clearly one of the best in the league to consistently get dismantled by sim luck has been incredibly frustrating. You only have to look at last season's Ultimus, where in the first quarter a receiver ran down the field with two defenders on top of him to find evidence of this. It really ruined the viewing experience as well, knowing that the sim decides the result of the game before it’s even played.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Net - 09-18-2021

My most memorable moments? Well that's a few, I have a good amount of memories with Minnesota. When Jamar scouted and drafted me and one day I just started talking and it worked. I met a few people, got some scouts to talk to me, and before I knew it I was drafted to Chicago in the 4th round 37th overall. I created a ton of relationships that I wouldn't ever change. But now looking to the future, I'm excited for those hopes and ambitions. I'm ready to help CK and Russ build a dynasty in San Jose, and helping Kansas City become the DSFL team people fear. I want to make more friendships and hey maybe a nice career could even happen with some luck. But most of all, I wanna have fun. San Jose got me at 16th and I'm really thrilled to be there. Do I think I was expecting to go 2nd round however? Well, not really, but that's ok. It shows which teams wanted me the most and I hope that it stays the same for 10 seasons, even if other teams try to express interest. But hey thanks for the memories so far, lets make the next ten even better. Much love. 

208 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - TomHanks - 09-18-2021

The last 10 seasons have really flown by for me in the league. I was the GM of a rebuilding NOLA team that ended up winning an Ultimus and being a consistent force in the league, and then became the commissioner of the DSFL and have spent the last 8 seasons working hard to continue building up our fantastic development league. I don’t know that I can really pinpoint one moment as the absolute top one for me. There have been so many high points and some not so high ones over the last year and a half. My favorite aspect is definitely having been a part of the DSFL as it has evolved into what it is today, but that isn’t really moment. I think if I were to choose one particular thing, as easy as it is to say, it would be New Orleans’ Ultimus game all the way back in S22. Kickoff is at 1am for me so I took a nap before the game, woke up probably 5 minutes before kickoff, and then got to watch the team I had put so much effort into go out there and dominate. The LR was going crazy, particularly those of us that had been there since the 2-12 days. Doesn’t hurt that Forrest went buck wild and won an Ultimus MVP either.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - xTri - 09-18-2021

I have not been around long in the International Simulation Football League as I have joined the league in season 24. I am not really that knowledgeable of what has happened prior to when I joined but I know I had some good memories of what has happened on the team I am still on and had drafted me in my first ISFL draft, the Arizona Outlaws. When I was drafted by the Outlaws, they were a middle-end team playing in the hardest conference in the league. Under the dynasty of Jay Cue as their QB, they produced constant winning seasons but no playoff success. So when I finally joined the team in Season 25, my favourite memory in ISFL is the constant growth of the Arizona Outlaws into one of the strongest dynasties (not including playoff success lol). From S25, the Arizona Outlaws are a solid 9-7 team but did not make the playoffs. In S30, they became arguably one of the best teams ISFL has ever seen and sported a record of 14-2. It was great to see the team slowly build up with their next MVP QB in Charlemagne Cortez, a top 5 RB all time in Tatsu Nakamura and a solid tandem of defense and wide receivers. Hopefully, the Outlaws win an Ultimus in the near future.