International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade (/showthread.php?tid=35118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - golden_apricot - 09-19-2021

Over the course of the next ten seasons I hope to see a few tings in the league. The first is the advancement of stats and fun in playing as an Offensive lineman. IT is an under apricated position in the league and we need to find a way to get them more involved rather than just pancakes. Additionally voting and number of voted players for probowl positions needs to be fixed to some extent. Maybe this is broken down by position, making it easier at lower TPE to make a pro bowl as an interior lineman so that younger players can get some awards playing as an otherwise thankless position. Additionally I think that the Hawks will start to win some games in the next decade. The team is built somewhat well after being more or less irrelevant for forever. The one issue this team will have is at the quarterback position. The guy they have in place is horrendious, not being able to put together good games having all the time in the world to throw the ball from behind an elite offensive line. By improving here and at various other offensive line positions as this is always an area of need. The hawks might actually start to win some games.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Number 82 - 09-19-2021

Most memorable moment would probably be Season 27 as a whole. It was the season that we shifted to the new sim and also marked the first time Honolulu made the playoffs as well. To date Dawkins has been in the playoffs just two times, once in the DSFL and once in Season 27 with Honolulu. It's been the case of being on the outside looking in. While I wasn't really a fan of switching sims since it hurt both defensive and special teams production, the sim change kinda made things fresh. There wasn't really an established meta to rely on so it was a fact finding mission of sorts to try to figure what may or may not work. It was nice to see that some of the work that I had put in messing around with the sim played dividends with some promising testing numbers throughout the season.

Overall, Season 27 was memorable for a couple of reasons, one was seeing Honolulu do well which was nice and the other was seeing work done in the offseason being useful. While the season didn't end as I hoped with an exit in the playoffs, it was at least nice to make it to the playoffs, finish top of the conference and see the team doing well after some mediocre to rough seasons.

Code:
223 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - huck24 - 09-19-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Sebster - 09-19-2021

Sebster SHL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - allbetsonjames - 09-19-2021

I havent been in this league very long, as I am only in my 3rd season of the NSFL with the Baltimore Hawks. If I had to pick my greatest moment it would probably be back in my time in the DSFL with the Bondi Beach Buccaneers and leading the league in tackles as a rookie. It may not seem like a big thing but to me it showed that I could compete in this league with the best of them. Being new still I would rather get into my hopes and ambitions for the next coming seasons, I feel adjusted now to the position switch from Linebacker to safety, so I am hoping and it seems with the team improving to at least get into a playoff run. My performance has improved season after season and I would like to see that trend keep going more than anything. The team has playoff aspirations and is maybe only one or 2 key pieces away from being able to accomplish that, obviously everyone hopes to be a Champion which I would be lying if I said that I did not, but I think I more want to leave a mark and impact on this team as being a leader and a presence to be remembered from times to come. Besides we just found out that Trey Jr is going to start playing football soon. So the path for me now is to mold him into a stud.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - fever95 - 09-19-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - NamelessNate - 09-19-2021

Wow! Ten seasons already huh? That is incredible I cannot believe that it has been 10 seasons already! There are so many moments to choose from in the last ten seasons ranging from being the last overall pick to being on my new player. I guess I will first talk about Tom Coach, a spectacular failure and a great example of why I should not have been drafted as high as I was on my new player. Tom Coach was destined to be a max earning QB, but due to real life circumstances had to die early. However, I was a great earner and user on Tom all the way up until death. Now somehow Teboat wasn't a last pick which I can not even begin to fathom, he is certainly last pick or undrafted free agent material. Maybe the majors General Managers will realize this, but teboat is sure to fail. I guess another great moment in the last ten seasons was when everyone was mad at head office for something or another and started voting in no confidence. It is where my signature image comes from, as a call to the whole league to retire. Oh boy these last ten seasons were great and I can't wait to see what shenanigans the next ten hold!

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Alucas - 09-19-2021

Although I have been around for a few of the seasons of ISFL I think I would rather look forward than back as my time in the ISFL has not been super successful as of late with a rebuild phase of the Hawks. I do think it has been a decent ten season period for the ISFL and if I was to pick a shining moment for this league it would be the most recent expansion, the Silverbacks and Salamanders have both been exceptional teams in their own rights and have been championship contenders which is amazing for expansion teams to have an instant impact. For the future ten years I imagine we might see another expansion and I think we are in for a good time. The league seems to be growing at a decent pace and the quality of teams is evening out a little bit which should allow for the league to have great success. There is not much fun being in rebuild for a while so hopefully a 10 year period where teams aren't rebuilding for a long time due to an influx of players is a good thing. I have high hopes that we will have a good future and want to be part of it.

Code:
211 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - DELIRIVM - 09-19-2021

SHL Affiliate Link

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - J0EB - 09-19-2021

10 seasons huh? Man it’s been a long time. Reaching a year and a half for me now in the league and I’ve had so many different experiences here. The happy, the sad, the rush of excitement and the frustration of failure. Thinking on my favorite moment in the last ten seasons though is incredibly difficult, I’ve been surrounded by great friends the entire time, but there are a few moments that stand out, so I’ll try to split things up chronologically.

Being drafted to Norfolk and in that first season, I have quite a few positive memories of the talks we had, and the Shadow Babies conversation is probably my favorite I’ve had in my time here. Tesla, Lightnoir, Scorp, Juni, Bex, and Isa, they all made that LR so inviting and enjoyable.

Next up is when I was drafted to Philly at 3OA in the S22 Draft. It was a Reddit year, so the enthusiasm behind the draft was incredible. I had a pretty good idea of where I would be drafted, but I had no clue that Philly would pull off the biggest heist in years. Drafting myself, Mori and Lightnoir, the amount of hype that proceeded was off the charts. Light and I were super close friends from Norfolk, and Mori and Light talked a lot together as well. The three of us meshed really well together and we were all such great friends. The Philly LR was so much fun and had some amazing vets like Hall and Tim (obviously) Eph and Vux.