International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade (/showthread.php?tid=35118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - LeatherneckMike - 09-19-2021

Well Carimi just happened to joined at the end of the 3rd decade and the begginning of the 4th decade and im certainly hoping that this Decade brings along some very good offensive lineman. Carimi showing up at the start of the decade can make it his! Then again lets be honest with his earning rate what it is (or rather wont be) best lineman of the decade is out of the question but hopefully an honorable mention is possible. Now what could be more likely is this being the decade of the butcher. New talent + what is existing means the build should be almost done and CC and the gang have done a good job of getting talent together to make a push for the Ultimus in a few seasons. Some talent acquisition over the next few seasons can only help matters for the Butchers who would LOVE to bring a title to Chicago. 

I dont really have a great memories of the decade because I again, wasnt around for it but my best ISFL universe memory so far should qualify. Which would be my Portland Pythons coming up just short of the Ultumini and having a great season last year. I love that team and am so happy im playing with pau in Chicago he is a great guy and a favorite teammate. Along with Goosar and the rest I also think last year was a precursor to a potential title team this year. 

246 words

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Lukstins88 - 09-19-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - ToastCharger - 09-19-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Ephenssta - 09-19-2021

I believe I have been in the league about ten full seasons now, though the original date is still fuzzy. Ultimately, I have many good memories that I could write about from the first ten. This league gave me a community of people that I got to enjoy playing Halo and Destiny with and that kept me more or less sane during the covid times. For that, I will forever be grateful to the league. I have gotten to do podcasts with very fun people, play and watch games, enjoy movie nights, share recipes, and ultimately have a group of friends to go through every week with. It really has been a great experience. Looking forward to the next ten seasons, I hope to get to retire Redbeard with a decent track record in Colorado and get started on my recreate, who I hope will get off to a better start earning and be a bigger part of whatever team I land on when that happens. More importantly, I hope I get the chance to GM a team. I’ve been putting in applications and so far it hasn’t worked. But I have faith that sometime in the next ten seasons I’ll get my shot. And hopefully can capitalize when I do. I look forward to making new friends and strengthening old relationships.

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Thatguy91 - 09-19-2021

SHL affiliate PT

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Raven - 09-19-2021

Code:
Written option: And thats the end of the another ten seasons in the ISFL. Ahead of the start of Season 31, talk about what the most memorable or your favorite moment in these last ten seasons were. If you are new or wish to look forward rather than look back, talk about your hopes and ambitions for the next ten seasons.

Might be a little corny, but if I had to pick a very memorable moment from the last 10 years it would have to be, having been given the opportunity to create and gm my own team here in the league. Now I will not go into how that last part actually went. (spoiler not great), but I still very much love the team me and Dwyer created. I love the location, I love the branding, I love the colours and I love the people who are a part of the team. Having been a part of this team for the better length of this last decade they have been such a huge part of my being on this site. I am happy to be a part of the team and I will very happily finish my players career in Honolulu. If my next player gets drafted there I will be happy and if they do not I will still always look very favourable to the team and be a big fan of it. Slightly looking forward and I look forward to spending another few seasons in Honolulu with the people who are currently there, because they make my visits to the site and the lr a treat.

[208 words]

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Air Crou - 09-19-2021

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Tomen - 09-19-2021

SHL Pt

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Memento Mori - 09-19-2021

The most memorable, and my favourite, moments are two different ones. In the interests of positivity, I'll talk about my favourite moment, which was probably winning the Ultimini with the (then) Myrtle Beach Buccaneers. So much effort was put in by the team and the alumni - it was back when sim testing wasn't so time consuming and was much easier to get into, so there was up to around 10 people contributing to testing and more people chipping in with ideas, as well as all the rookies and second-year players doing tasks and earning TPE every week to help improve the team.

The stream of the game itself was obviously short, and honestly I barely remember what happened besides Chris Ramos gashing the Kansas City defence and us winning fairly comfortably. It was the experience in the locker room before, during and after the game which made it enjoyable. Building a winning team, and then reaping the rewards of it, is just a really positive and wholesome experience - especially after several members of the team suffered the disappointment of losing to Minnesota in the Ultimini the previous season. I'm still thankful for Cory and Frost making that team successful and the experience so enjoyable, being a part of the S21 Buccaneers was the perfect welcome to the league and a large part of why I'm still active. (227 words)

RE: (S31) PT 1 - End of a Decade - Tomasnz - 09-19-2021

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119145&pid=3108811#pid3108811

Shl affiliate