International Simulation Football League
*Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Introducing Honolulu's Captains! (/showthread.php?tid=35145)

*Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - Beck - 09-14-2021

The newest season of the International Simulation Football league is now underway. Fans are always excited to see which team will be good and which ones will be bad as the new season starts. Hopefully my Honolulu Hahalua will have a reversal of fortune this season, and be a playoff contender.

Outside of our first big win of the season last night, the other exciting thing happening in Honolulu is that our captains have now been selected for the upcoming season. This article will be short but give a description of who our on field leaders will be for the rest of this season.

Offensive Captain: RB Cobra Kai aka @OrbitingDeath
-What the team thinks:

Cobra Kai was an easy selection for offensive captain this year. So easy in fact that we did not even have to have a vote for him to be selected captain. His contract clause calls for him to be offensive captain basically every other league year. Even without that, Kai would have been a really strong choice for captain. On the field, is other wordly. He literally is so fast that his player circle during the sim seems to disappear most of the time. He had a gazillion all purpose yards last year.

In the locker room, he is special. He helps everyone and was made my new render as soon as I got drafted. On the personal side of things, he can be a controversial influence on newcomers as he loves to get black out drunk, even nights before our big games, along with the occasional bar room brawl. But he means well and always has his teammates backs. One of the big reasons Sal Ami (me) averaged like 3 yards per catch in his rookie year last season was due to frequent nights out with Kai prior to game days. Sal Ami isn’t quite the beer tank that Kai is.

One locker room famous example of Kai’s shenanigans was before week 1 of this season. Kai went out and got into a big fight leading to being arrested Sunday night. A disappointed Sid had to bail him out to ensure our offense had its work horse running back. This was one of the few games where Kai could not over come a hang over. All jokes aside, he is beloved by his teammates and an awesome user. Below is a pregame locker room picture of a still chocked Sid looking at his troubled superstar captain in when they got to the game day stadium.

[Image: Cobra-Kai.jpg]

What the Captain Says about the Honor:

“ I AM CAPTAIN, I AM CAPTAIN! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CONTRACT CLAUSE, THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTED. COBRA KAI NEVER DIES. I AM PROUD TO BE SELECTED WITH 100% OF THE VOTES AGAIN, I AM THE GREATEST. GO HONOLULU AND LETS HAVE ANOTHER COORS BANQUET. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO “

*passes out*

Defensive Captain: DE Frank Clark aka @IceBear32

What the Team thinks:

My good friend in real life and full time rival in the ISFL Ice Bear won the defensive captain honor for this season. He has done it all in his short time in this league, and can now add this new honor to his distinguished career. We had a lot of great candidates for captain on the defensive side of the ball so I think we were all excited to see how voting turned out.

Ice Bear is an integral part of the culture change and turnaround that are under way in Honolulu. He also happens to be the new General Manager of the quack to quack DSFL Champions and he makes sure to remind me of this pretty frequently. 

These Days Ice Bear is busy as a part time Hollywood Celebrity, so tracking him down for a quote proved tough. Once I tracked down his publicist, I received this quote from Ice Bear:

“WHAT AN HONOR! There is so much great talent and locker room presence for this team. So many players are much more deserving of this than I. I am so excited to play a role on such an amazing squad. I believe Honolulu is the most underrated team in the ISFL and I can’t wait to show everyone what we can do this season and years to come.”

Once word got to him that he was selected as captain on defense, I did also receive the following text from him: “If you text me without saying: ‘Dear Captain,’ it will be ignored.” Everybody loves Ice Bear and we could not be more happy to have him leading us this season on defense!

That is the end of my captain article. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Good luck to the other teams this season and last but not least:

GO HAHAULAS! Ride The Wave!

804 Words

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - Raven - 09-14-2021

Let's go Hahalua!!!! HON HON HON

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - MMFLEX - 09-14-2021

Hell yes! Ily @"Gbeck765"

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - siddhus - 09-14-2021

HON

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - 124715 - 09-14-2021

HON

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - OrbitingDeath - 09-15-2021

Awesome!

RE: Introducing Honolulu's Captains! - BOOM™ - 09-15-2021

Nice choices. All the best for the season Honolulu.