International Simulation Football League
*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

Pages: 1 2

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - iamslm22 - 08-19-2017

Hey everyone! As we know in the NSFL one of the most sought after position is an active, strong Offensive Lineman. There are more inactives and bots playing at Offensive Line than at any other position in the league, and yet there is (for some reason) the least amount of media attention on the big boys who do the dirty work. Today we are going to discuss the Offensive linemen who have performed the best so far this year.

Before we get into it there are a few caveats. First off this is NOT a list of the best linemen based off of skill. That would be a far more boring and less interesting article to rank the Linemen by TPE (that's done every week anyways.) Second, this does not consider week to week consistency performance. There are some linemen who have one bad game that will ruin them in these rankings because it is based off total season stats. If a lineman had one bad game that got him four sacks allowed, but was perfect the rest of the season, I would consider that equal here to a lineman who has let up a sack in four separate games. And finally this list might be controversial because while I value pancakes, I far more so value a lack of sacks allowed. There is no hard and fast rule that deducts a certain amount of pancakes for each sack allowed, but (spoiler alert) my number one ranked O-Lineman is 26 pancakes behind the league leader in pancakes, and I don't think it's particularly close. Also before I begin a special shout out to Ricky Maddox who's stats have him as a top 5 blocker this year. Dude has 30 pancakes and no sacks allowed, he's been crucial to the awesome Yellowknife offense.

That being said here are the rankings.

Number 1: Tim Pest - Arizona Outlaws

Stats: 42 Pancakes. 0 Sacks Allowed

Tim Pest has had so far an essentially perfect season as an offensive lineman. The likely Pro Bowler has been flat out dominant so far. He's anchored an Outlaws O-Line that will have a few other appearances on this list. Pest is the only starting Offensive lineman to not allow a sack all year, and he is also tied for seventh this year in pancakes. After having a surprisingly mediocre statistical season 1, Pest has been (in this writer's opinion at least) an inarguable number 1 ranking this year as far the O-Line

Number 2: Mat Akkelson Yellowknife Wraiths

Stats: 62 Pancakes. 2 Sacks Allowed

If you were going to argue that Tim Pest was not the best lineman this year, your argument would have to go to Yellowknife and see Mat Akelson. The towering lineman is second in the league in pancakes and is tied for third among qualifying offensive linemen in sacks allowed with only two. If Pest slips and allows a sack, Akelson will move up to take the top spot.

Number 3: Ben Longshaw San Jose SaberCats

Stats: 68 Pancakes. 4 Sacks Allowed

Coming in at third is our league leader in pancakes, Ben Longshaw. Longshaw has been one of the lose bright spots in San Jose and you can't help but think he would have less sacks allowed if he were on a better team. Hunt is a mobile QB and his mobility (somehow) seems to increase his sacks allowed in the game and it has certainly hurt the stats of stars Longshaw and Vincent Sharpei (who has allowed 7 sacks this year). That being said Longshaw is a LOCK for the pro bowl and his pancake numbers are nothing to scoff at.

Number 4: Matt James Yellowknife Wraiths

Stats: 37 Pancakes. 1 Sack Allowed

For a possibly controversial ranking here at number 4 we go back to Yellowknife. The always controversial Matt James has been great this season. James forced his way out of Philly, and is performing like he deserved a great contract. He's allowed only a single sack this year and is tied for 12th in total pancakes. I could see the argument for swapping three and four, and it is a matter of personal preference, but while James has had an essentially mistake free year on the field thus far Longshaw's pancakes are amazingly impressive.

Number 5: Jogn Flogity Yellowknife Wraiths

Stats: 49 Pancakes. 3 Sacks Allowed

For number 5 on our list, back to Canada we go. Flogity has been awesome for the Yellowknife Wraiths. For those wondering why the Wraiths have three of the top 5 on this list, well they have the most pancakes in the league from the line as well as the least sacks allowed. Their offensive line has been unarguably the best in the league and Flogity is part of it.

Number 6: Avon Blocksdale Baltimore Hawks

Stats: 33 Pancakes. 2 Sacks Allowed

While Blocksdale is only tied for 20th in pancakes, he has been underrated this season allowing only two sacks. Coming out of Penn State Blocksdale was unheralded but has emerged as a leader on Baltimore's surprising upstart offensive line. The only players with five more pancakes than Blocksdale and less than five sacks are Flogity, Akelson, Longshaw and Pest.

Number 7: Angus Winchester Orange County Otters

Stats: 37 Pancakes. 3 Sacks Allowed

The Season 1 Most Outstanding player has has a very solid season in Orange County. Winchester has allowed only three sacks and has a very solid number of 37 pancakes. While some certainly consider the season disappointing by his lofty standards, the season has been a successful one, and given his name recognition is certainly a lock for the pro bowl

Honorable Mentions

These are guys that either don't have enough pancakes, or have let up too many sacks to make the list. Timlin and Walters in Arizona have both have very solid seasons with only two sacks allowed a piece while have low pancakes totals. Brokk Lee with 37 pancakes and four sacks allowed is one sack away from making the list. Koch, Yates, Hamilton, Charles, Hendrix have all had solid seasons, allowing 5 sacks each while posting high pancake numbers.

So there you have it folks. What do you think? Please let me know your thoughts!

@`TimPest` @SimmerDownBruhh @Bzerkap @MattJames @Muford @`BenLongshaw` @Jogn @iamslm22 @timeconsumer @scottyt @PointGod @breakingthe4THWALL @Sleepy @BrokkLee @jordan327 @HalfEatenOnionBagel

Graded
Payout=$1,641,000

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - timeconsumer - 08-19-2017

Thanks for the mention, but I suck. But in glad to see other guys who got screwed by the Sim last season get some redemption in S2.

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - tlk742 - 08-19-2017

Ben Longshaw would have less sacks if he didn't disappear at the end of last month...

Also I think trends matter.

My man @Muford had one game (v outlaws) where he gave up 3 sacks, beyond that he had given up 0 sacks since week 2.

Calling shenanigans.

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - Sweetwater - 08-19-2017

Quote:Coming in at third is our league leader in pancakes, Ben Longshaw. Longshaw has been one of the lose bright spots in San Jose and you can't help but think he would have less sacks allowed if he were on a better team. Hunt is a mobile QB and his mobility (somehow) seems to increase his sacks allowed in the game and it has certainly hurt the stats of stars Longshaw and Vincent Sharpei (who has allowed 7 sacks this year). That being said Longshaw is a LOCK for the pro bowl and his pancake numbers are nothing to scoff at.

Nothing to do with the team, he hasn't been active for weeks.

Gotcha! My bad guys. Didn't realize he had been inactive. He's been awesome so far.

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - Valtookan - 08-19-2017

(08-19-2017, 08:46 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Number 1: Tim Pest - Arizona Outlaws

Stats: 42 Pancakes. 0 Sacks Allowed

After having a surprisingly mediocre statistical season 1, Pest has been (in this writer's opinion at least) an inarguable number 1 ranking this year as far the O-Line

Statistically mediocre? Pest was a terrific Season 1 Offensive Lineman. He is even a season 2 guy so he came to us in like Week 3 or 4. The dude did have a sack allowed problem but he was getting a lot of pancakes. Hell, didn't he tie the record for most pancakes in the Post-Season in Season 1?

(08-19-2017, 09:16 PM)Valtookan Wrote:Statistically mediocre? Pest was a terrific Season 1 Offensive Lineman. He is even a season 2 guy so he came to us in like Week 3 or 4. The dude did have a sack allowed problem but he was getting a lot of pancakes. Hell, didn't he tie the record for most pancakes in the Post-Season in Season 1?

Yea I mean he was obviously good with pancakes, but all the sacks is what I'm talking about.

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - Bzerkap - 08-19-2017

(08-19-2017, 07:46 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Number 2: Mat Akelson Yellowknife Wraiths
Why does everyone get my last name wrong? Sad Sad

(08-19-2017, 09:17 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Why does everyone get my last name wrong? Sad Sad

My bad man, I fixed it

*Who have been the best O-Linemen in S2 - Bzerkap - 08-19-2017

(08-19-2017, 08:19 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:My bad man, I fixed it
It's cool. You're definitely not the first. Probably like the 15th lol