International Simulation Football League
*Philly is 7-4 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philly is 7-4 (/showthread.php?tid=35345)

*Philly is 7-4 - WildfireMicro - 10-05-2021

The Philadelphia Liberty are currently 7-4 and are on top of a crazy NSFC. When I say "on top", I mean tied for first but on top due to point differential tie breakers. In my entire time as a wide receiver for the Philadelphia Liberty, I have never seen us get more then 6 wins. With yesterday's domaminating win over the Colorado Yeti with a score of 55-27, we have finally broke that barrier. One more win and we are guaranteed at least an 8-8 season, and one more after that we will be over .500. I have never seen a winning season with the Liberty so this is insanely exciting.

My player Tsuyu Asui has not been doing amazing or anything like that. Right now she is a first down receiver and not much else but that is OK. I don't care what my stats are as long as we are winning. I'd give up all potential awards for an Ultimus or two. But you gotta understand, while I may be dreaming of something bigger I just want a winning season. I just want a season I can truly be proud of in this league other then my DSFL seasons. I just want us to leave this season with our heads held high.

Ryan Negs seems to be finally hitting his stride with 26 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions with pretty good efficiency. For a guy who used to only be known for all of the picks he would throw this is a great season. He may not have a lot of passing yards compared to other quarterbacks but he is tied for the second least amount of picks thrown, only behind Daytona who has 4. Last night against Colorado he threw 4 touchdowns in a game where the whole team was working thier ass off. I am extremely proud of what he has been able to do.

[Image: WEFibAU.jpg]

Then we got Jake Fencik, our punter and kicker turned wide receiver. We have gotten some raised eyebrows for putting our punter out as a receiver, but he has been amazing with 948 yards receiving and 8 touchdowns. He is currently 10th on the receiving yards board for the year and has definitely proved the gamble right. We put Thomas Rose in as our kicker and he has been doing alright, despite a few hiccups like the Baltimore game. I personally think Jake Fencik should get his number retired once everything is all said and done.

[Image: Kzpvm57.jpg]

In terms of rushing Lonne Jackson has been our premiere back and is proving his worth. He is currently 8th on the rushing board for the year and has been extremely reliable for us. When our passing attack is not working that well we can usually count on Jackson to get us those first downs. He only has 3 touchdowns but that is just showing how our offense can sometimes slow down. Still I am really proud of what he been able to accomplish and I also hope he continues to impress.

[Image: xo6Ez3D.jpg]

Our tight end Borgo San Lorenzo may not have had the most impressive of receiving stats but with 27 pancakes and only letting in one sack he has been a good blocking tight end. He has been very reliable for us this season and even got two touchdowns yesterday. We appreciate him a lot in the locker room as well. The most impressive thing about our team right now is the defense however. They have been able to keep us in those close games and help us get to five straight wins.

[Image: 7j46UR8.jpg]

Looking at our linebacker core the GM Gary Goodman has gotten 76 tackles and 6 sacks. He is currently 5th on the tackle leaders board on the year. He has also forced a fumble and has gotten 4 tackles for loss. He has been an absolute monster and one of the leaders on this defense and is currently our leading linebacker in terms of tackles. He has also been good at knocking passes down with 6 pass deflections. Another leader on this defense and a monster on the linebacker corps is Xavier Walls.
[Image: nasv8PN.jpg]

The former Defensive Rookie Of The Year has been amazing at getting to the quarterback with a massive 10 sacks. He has also had 2 forced fumbles and has even recovered one. He may think he has not done much sometimes but he is a big reason we are 7-4. He will probably be a monster on this defense for a long time to come. He also has 5 pass deflections and only missed one tackle. His tackles for loss are at 4 currently.

[Image: 6I7MJnr.jpg]

Our defensive tackle Honkytonk Haywood has been amazing as we with 8 sacks. Hey now that I think about it, this team is amazing at getting to the quarterback for sacks. We are currently second in the league with them with 40 sacks. He has also gotten 2 forced fumbles on the year and has been a force on the D-line. He also has 3 tackles for loss and only 1 missed tackle. We appreciate him a lot in this team and there is a part of me that wonders if another DTOTY award is in his future.

[Image: 0Q1q7mc.jpg]

My buddy Ace and his player CJ Sonjack have been great too. He currently has 51 tackles and 3 interceptions, with one of them being taken to the house. He also has 17 pass deflections and has made quarterbacks think twice before throwing his way. He is 13 pass deflections away from getting 100 in his ISFL career which would be a huge accomplishment. I just hope he can continue being a reliable cornerback on this team and continue being my friend along the way.

[Image: KvUt6eD.jpg]

Guys like Matt Cross need some recognition too since he has two Pick 6's despite how much his TPE is  regressing. The Roman Brothers have also been great with one of them having a fumble return touchdown against Baltimore. I know there are plenty of other people who could use praise like Killian and Jimi but honestly this has been a lot of writing already and I am getting a bit tired. I'm just extremely excited for the future here in Philadelphia and I just hope we can finally get a winning season here.

Thank you all for reading and I hope to see you all on the field! I hope you appreciate the screenshots as they were tedious to get and crop.

RE: Philly is 7-4 - Pat - 10-05-2021

RING THE BELL!

RE: Philly is 7-4 - Net - 10-05-2021

All this but no respect for the cream cheese? jk congrats

RE: Philly is 7-4 - BOOM™ - 10-05-2021

Congratulations on a fine season so far for the team.

RE: Philly is 7-4 - J0EB - 10-05-2021

After all these years with the team the fact that we're 7-4 right now is so satisfying, this is a great post WF and I'm excited to see where the season leads to from here