International Simulation Football League
*The Re-Birth of the Phoenix Part 1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Re-Birth of the Phoenix Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=35381)

*The Re-Birth of the Phoenix Part 1 - ValorX77 - 10-07-2021

Introduction/Disclaimer:
When I first retired Videl-San, I had no idea on when I was going to return to this league that I loved so much. I thought it was going to be later rather than sooner, but, the heavens have told me it was time to return to to the ISFL. Anyway, you came for my new character’s origin story, so I will stop my monologging and tell you this tale.

Part 1, The Accident:
Shortly after the win against the San Jose Sabercats, Videl-San was at the pinnacle of her career; she had eclipsed 10,000 career receiving yards, and the copperheads were on top of the league. Unfortunately for her, a tragedy is about to strike the team, when the private limousine driver that was driving Videl’s private limo, crashed into a jersey wall just a few miles outside of the training facility. Videl couldn’t get out of the fiery wreckage, she had only her left arm to use to attempt to separate herself from what is left from her limo. She was transported to the hospital immediately, where she was diagnosed with not only a concussion but, she had both of her legs broken and also her right arm was broken too. "God Dammit!" Videl said in anguish as she was rolled into the emergency room for surgery. She had to get a blood infusion or else she was going to die from lack of blood! The surgery to repair all of her limbs were successful, but there was a strange side effect, that would affect her playing style. "Videl, I hate to inform you about this, but the blood you have received may in fact hinder your football abilities permanently." The doctor said, as he checked on Videl’s heartbeat. "What has changed doctor? Please tell me!" Videl muttered angrily, the doctor was quick to respond; "Videl, the blood is from one of your coaches, Ryan Leaf Jr, to be exact. You are somewhat of a running back now." Videl was first confused about the information she first received, wondering if her playing days were over, but then it got to her. She was Isekai’d into a running back player, she also noticed that she somehow got younger too. "How old am I, and what should I do?" Videl wondered, as the doctor showed her a UCLA jersey with a number 66 with "V.Valor" on the back. "This is a different world now, you’re a new person, and you’ve got to rediscover the world around you." The doctor said with confidence. Videl had now realized that she was starting over in the college ranks all over again, playing with #17 ranked UCLA.

Part 2, The Walk-On:
Videl was now back to square one, back to college as a running back, she had to prove to the entire team that a walk on can dominate. "I need to remain calm and confident, I can’t let anyone down!" Videl thought as she first walked into the UCLA campus, a bit nervous and shaken up from the hospital she had recently been discharged from. Almost right off the bat, she knew that something was different, she couldn’t catch as much as she once did, but she could still run. She eventually worked her way up to be the backup in the UCLA Bruins depth chart, when she had her first start. The starter just went down with a high ankle sprain, and down by 7 to the rival Stanford Cardinal, she just took a breath and just ran. "Videl Valor gets the snap, she’s onto the 30, breaks a tackle, down to the 50, ITS A FOOTRACE!! 30! 20! 15! TOUCHDOWN UCLA! VALOR HAS TIED THE GAME WITH A 70 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN!!" She just took off and never looked back, and UCLA won the game in overtime, to stun the Stanford faithful and begin a start of a great season!

What Will the College year have in store for Videl Valor? Find out soon! (Part 2 coming next week!)

RE: The Re-Birth of the Phoenix Part 1 - WildfireMicro - 10-07-2021

This is inspirational

RE: The Re-Birth of the Phoenix Part 1 - MamaB - 10-08-2021

Dang! What a comeback!