International Simulation Football League
*The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The ISBL - International Sim Banking League (/showthread.php?tid=35397)

Pages: 1 2

*The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - JuOSu - 10-08-2021

I know this is me once again complaining, but it's an issue close to my heart.

I have covered extensively that the defensive line is getting screwed by the new sim stat wise. Sadly, it has yet to be changed in any way. It's been several seasons now.

On top of it, there is an easy solution. The maxes for DEs and DTs are insanely low. We max out so early, it's insane. Even with the new additions with the traits.

This league has become a banking league for me because all I do is bank my TPE. I have done this, for months now.

And that's not an exaggeration either.

I have now banked 11 updates in a row. If you account for the double weeks in the off-season where one update is two weeks long, this accounts for the last 14 weeks. 

And I am not done either. Regression this off-season is due to take around 300 TPE from me, while I have 282 banked right now. By the time that update comes around, I will be back to banking immediately, without interruption probably. And that means that's another season and several weeks of banking ahead of me. What will I add up at, 19? 21? That's essentially half a real life year of not spending a single TPE.

I was also someone who was called up right away to the ISFL, so I didn't really have to go through that aspect of it but many players do have to bank there as well once they reach their max. I would have only been forced to do it for one or two weeks there.

So, this feels like an obvious case of two birds with one stone. By raising the maxes of at least a couple categories, DEs and DTs can slightly improve in the sim, while also giving them something to use their TPE on.

Frankly, it's too late for me now anyway but it is so entirely frustrating and the inaction by Head Office to change anything in that regard really feels like the defensive line is just ignored and they don't care at this point.

Well, time for me to go back to banking.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - slate - 10-08-2021

Hi, please refer to the Sim Balance Team Newsletter from last offseason explaining the plans for the next round of archetype changes. While it may seem straightforward to make small changes like this we want to make sure we have a comprehensive view of what ripple effects might happen across the whole league and so we are taking our time to make the best possible changes we can make for league health.

As for the suggestion to increase maximums, I have several questions/concerns. One is that currently all positions and archetypes max out all attributes at around the same 1200-1300 TPE mark. Would you want different positions to max out at different levels? If so, is there any reason why you feel DE and DT should be the ones with higher maximums aside from the lack of stats? If not, what would you say to address the concerns of people who feel like increasing TPE maximums would skew the balance of power even more towards max earners and make it extremely difficult for lower TPE players (whether rookies or just low earners) to have meaningful game impact?

Thanks for expressing your concerns about the league, I'm always happy to hear feedback on player archetypes and balance.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - zaynzk - 10-08-2021

In the old sim didn’t DL max out at like 700 TPE? Atleast it’s better then that

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - DeadlyPlayer - 10-08-2021

Hello juosu, I have played dline in S18 when we still had the old sim, and the current sim as a DT. We've never gotten stats in the same way other positions have. Why are you complaining? We affect the win % but we don't get stats, much like Oline and other positions.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - platanocat - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 09:31 AM)DeadlyPlayer Wrote: Hello juosu, I have played dline in S18 when we still had the old sim, and the current sim as a DT. We've never gotten stats in the same way other positions have. Why are you complaining? We effect the win % but we don't get stats, much like Oline and other positions.

My last player was OL and I am still to this day pissed that my GMs never let me run it in for a 1yd TD.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - JuOSu - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 09:23 AM)slate Wrote: Hi, please refer to the Sim Balance Team Newsletter from last offseason explaining the plans for the next round of archetype changes. While it may seem straightforward to make small changes like this we want to make sure we have a comprehensive view of what ripple effects might happen across the whole league and so we are taking our time to make the best possible changes we can make for league health.

As for the suggestion to increase maximums, I have several questions/concerns. One is that currently all positions and archetypes max out all attributes at around the same 1200-1300 TPE mark. Would you want different positions to max out at different levels? If so, is there any reason why you feel DE and DT should be the ones with higher maximums aside from the lack of stats? If not, what would you say to address the concerns of people who feel like increasing TPE maximums would skew the balance of power even more towards max earners and make it extremely difficult for lower TPE players (whether rookies or just low earners) to have meaningful game impact?

Thanks for expressing your concerns about the league, I'm always happy to hear feedback on player archetypes and balance.

It's fair to run tests, certainly. Though I have been told about this happening for several seasons now and nothing has, so I don't have the utmost faith anymore.

If it was up to me, I would say increasing all the archetypes at least to a degree makes sense. No one should bank for that long and this increases the value of max earning. I would say they should all max out closer to 1400 for example, then you only bank around 100 if you are a max earner, instead of potentially 300 now. Also you say yourself, there is a gap of 1200 to 1300ish for different arches and positions. If everyone was closer together, this would also help. 100 is quite a spread still.

As you say, the reason why DE and DT should be higher is definitely due to lack of stats. I think especially when compared to Linebacker, who probably don't need a boost. I will refer to My article here in regards to the changes from old sim to new sim and comparing DE/DT to LB. 

I would also say that this league, compared to any other league out there, is probably best for casual earners, by far honestly. So honestly, I see this more as a benefit than a problem to skew it more towards max earners. I think this would be a step in the right direction, and as we see clearly, lower earners can still do really well currently and I doubt that a small change like this would change that dramatically, though as you say, some testing is a good idea. It might even motivate some more casual users to earn better if this balance moves a bit more towards max earners.

(10-08-2021, 09:30 AM)zaynzk Wrote: In the old sim didn’t DL max out at like 700 TPE? Atleast it’s better then that

Definitely better, but why settle

(10-08-2021, 09:31 AM)DeadlyPlayer Wrote: Hello juosu, I have played dline in S18 when we still had the old sim, and the current sim as a DT. We've never gotten stats in the same way other positions have. Why are you complaining? We affect the win % but we don't get stats, much like Oline and other positions.

Will also refer to My article here and say that stats were definitely still far better in the old sim. 

Also complaining is maybe a bit strong. Trying to improve the league I love, but am now spending half a year not doing anything in cause of banking. I think it's fair to discuss it.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - DeadlyPlayer - 10-08-2021

Stats can be better in a different sim, that's fine cause we don't use that one anymore. Being better is very subjective when considering all positions and users. Also, "I know this is me once again complaining, but it's an issue close to my heart." maybe that is a little strong, but you're obviously trying to influence HO to make changes and that's okay. I'm sorry it's become a banking league for you as a max user, but making it worse for players that don't max isn't the way forward.

RE: The ISBL - International Sim Banking League - TeyonSchavari - 10-08-2021

The only reason I disagree with upping the amount needed to max is because I don't think its all that broken to begin with.

For someone like me, for example, I'd describe myself as somewhere between casually earning and max earning as I do all ACs/WTs, some PTs, all weekly/season preds, etc. It's still a lot, just not as dedicated/consistent as a max earner. I only got one season of being at close to my absolute peak before regression hit, and even then I didn't completely max my build as I got just over 1100 TPE. And if you look at my career stats as a result, I was a good player but never at the top of my position, which is absolutely fair

For those that have to bank for a while by max earning, on the other hand, you get to stay at a peak performance level with max stats for an extra season or maybe even two. The players that have done this are typically near the top of their position for at least a few seasons. I think that's a big advantage for max earning that is a worthy and fair reward for the effort, even if it is a bit boring to just be banking all your TPE. I don't feel like upping the amount needed to max would truly change that much in terms of rewarding max earners