International Simulation Football League
*The Flip Side: Week 7 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Flip Side: Week 7 (/showthread.php?tid=35410)

*The Flip Side: Week 7 - MamaB - 10-08-2021

[Image: WEEK_7.png]

[Image: Peanut_Butter_Week_7.png]

Week 7:
The flip side
Mrs. “Stacks” McHits Weekly Update
Mascots: Are You On Board Yet?
-Mrs. "Stacks" McHits
I am still committed to making this happen for the league. Ask your friends, your partners, your spouses, your siblings, your parents, people who support you, "Would you want to be a mascot in my league to hype up our locker room on game days? I am absolutely certain that we could host a draft, and have users create their own versions of the best mascots, and those mascots could be drafted to a team. The mascot draft could even be for all sim leagues!
Any way, this week I am focusing on Bondi Beach Buccaneers and the London Royals. In looking at Bondi and the branding that could happen, I picture children and adults dressing in costume as buccaneers for game day. Lots of buccaneer hats, one-eyed telescopes, and vests being sold in a team store. I can picture a large buccaneer running around the field yelling "AYE AYE!" and the crowd chanting back "Bon-DI". Also sold in the stadium would be the Treasure Chest, which is just a large assortment box of fried foods. During half-time a giant cannon shooter would be brought out, and t-shirts and novelty gifts would be shot out of it.
London Royals, the obvious answer is something similar to the lion in Robin Hood or Mufasa. Just Royalty. Another option that comes to mind is a giant clock, named Ben, like big ben. Truthfully though, and you can absolutely feel free to agree, I think of Drag. Drag queens for the half-time show, Lady Gaga Performing on their field for the Ultimini, and RuPaul making a guest appearance with a number of Queens. People everywhere would be finding a new love for football, and it would certainly be a transformation for the game and who it appeals to.
You may have other ideas, I am absolutely open to hearing them. This is such a goal of mine, and I would absolutely love to hear your inspiration and thoughts for some really incredible team building mascots.

Pancake Count:
PROSPECT Bowl: 19
PRESEASON: 15
WEEK 1: 2
WEEK 2: 6
WEEK 3: 4
WEEK 4: 4
WEEK 5: 0
WEEK 6: 2
WEEK 7: 0

Recipe of the Week:
PEANUT BUTTER
This week I wanted to offer multiple options for making the cakes; you may not be ready. I'm not just talking about other toppings. I'm talking about my two favorite foods pancakes and tacos. Yes, you read that correctly. Pancake tacos.
This was a game changer to the McHits pancake game, and I hope that you try at least one. Of course if you're not a fan of peanut butter, or are unable to consume it, your pancake taco can be any flavor and toppings you like. I'm looking forward to the pancake taco hype. Enjoy!
You'll need the following ingredients:
1 cup of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup of water
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, plus more for drizzling
Optional: Peanuts, jelly, jam, fruit

Directions:
HEAT pancake griddle to 375°F (medium heat). Lightly grease griddle.
MEASURE mix by lightly spooning it into measuring cup and leveling it off. WHISK pancake mix and water. Do not over-mix. Let batter stand 2 minutes. Add your cinnamon to the Krusteaz mix.
Melt your peanut butter in the microwave. Be sure to stir every 15 seconds, it won't take long to melt. Then add your vanilla and pb to the Krusteaz/cinnamon mix.
POUR slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
COOK 1-1 1/2 minutes per side. For light and fluffy pancakes, FLIP only once, when tops bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
STACK Pancakes and top with peanut butter and peanuts. Or fold, and fill with pb, jelly, and fruits of your choice, similar to the photo to the left. I realize this photo is made with bread, but I promise you, it is delicious with these peanut butter pancakes.
"How many pancakes do I owe you?" -Sconnie McHits

(688 words)