International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of (/showthread.php?tid=35437)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - MMFLEX - 10-15-2021

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - TheRocheLimit - 10-15-2021

Hey hey! Welcome to a day in the life of Dax Dangerfield! The Grey Ducks said it would be cool to have a camera crew follow me around for the day to see how I live so let's get it going!

I start the day off with a long run at dawn followed by a heavy breakfast. Gotta build that mass, right? Then I spend about an hour or so on the Xbox creating and studying plays for the next game. Always gotta make sure to keep the defense guessing. Wait until they see what I've drawn up today...

Afterwards it's a quick film session followed by lunch and then more film. Seriously, there's no such thing as watching too much tape. Then we're off to the gym for a few hours. Today is leg day. Never skip leg day. I need to make sure I've got the power to drive through defenders when I tuck the ball and run, you know what I mean?

Back home from the gym and it's time for a light dinner. Gotta replenish what I lost earlier, but I need to keep it clean, right? Then it's off to hang out with friends, family, and/or the team but, uh, you can't come along for that part. You'll just have to take my word for it. Later!

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Birdman - 10-15-2021

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Faelax - 10-15-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Urq660 - 10-15-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Alcott - 10-15-2021

A lot has changed since the first time Cole Maxwell opened up his life to the public during his rookie campaign in the DSFL while playing for the Dallas Birddogds, he has since won an Ultimini championship with the Birddogs, was drafted to a different team in a different (and elevated) league, moved to said team that resides in a different city and state altogether, switched positions (not only a position but now plays on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage) from safety to wide receiver, had an incredible rookie season playing said new position, and started making headway towards filling the shoes of the aging superstar receiver on his team. For the Youtube series hosted on the teams channel it would likely be highly censored and edited to show only the most basics of the average work day, what time Cole wakes up, gets to the facility, eats, works out, goes to and from meetings, and finally heads back home to finish his day. Not the most exciting stuff but a nice little fluff piece to keep the fans engaged and interested in the team (not that they should need to considering they are in first place in the division). Not as in depth or exciting as his last "In the day of" series, but still satisfying to know that the fans are still interested in him as a player and person

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Rangerjase - 10-15-2021

SHL AFFILIATE

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - AW13 - 10-15-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - xTri - 10-15-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Troen - 10-15-2021

Prompt Wrote:Your organization's media department has asked you to appear on their YouTube channel in a series entitled “A day in the life of…”. What does your player's day to day routine look like and how much of that will you actually allow into the video for public consumption?

During the season, each day has a mix of consistency and change. There are certain things that I'm doing every day - personal care, training, evaluation of my status, really the obvious things. The rest goes in more of a weekly cycle going from evaluation of the last game and how our game plan and play execution worked, moving in to scouting, play design, and practice as we get ready for our next opponents. I think that one of the more interesting things for the fans to see would be two days after a game. There we're wrapping up analysis of what worked and what didn't in the previous game while we're really starting on talking about our upcoming match. I think that would show some of the breadth of what we cover while also going over elements that a fan might not know with regards to execution of our play calls and plans even if the results are poor. My personal routine other than on game days is pretty much the same (though sometimes reorganized to fit meetings in) so parts of that could be included.
As far as access, I'm fine with including anything that happens at the team's facilities. If they want to show more of my home life, I would want to make sure that I'd get to approve what goes in. I like our fans a ton and I'm sure our media guys have good intentions, but it doesn't hurt to be careful.