International Simulation Football League
(S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of (/showthread.php?tid=35437)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Goat_Whisperer - 10-12-2021

The day starts with me hitting the snooze button every five minutes for 30 minutes. As the cameras follow me make my breakfast, I will moan about the upcoming day. Perhaps the swear words and other controversial lines could be censored, but otherwise, there is nothing that is off the limits in my morning routine.

Next in line is practice and getting there. Depending on my mood, usually, I will have the driver drive me there or I will drive myself. For the show, I will drive myself. It will make me appear more likable. During the drive, I will play some music and discuss my favorite genres and what kind of music I listened to when I was younger. The practice is routine. I show up, do my thing, and leave. I will allow few shots of me failing in there to show that I'm indeed a real person and not a machine.

After practice, I will get something to eat. I will show my favorite place around town, which will also offer a good moment for me to discuss the town and what I like about it in detail. Once I'm done eating my tofu burger I will head back home where I will play some video games for a couple of hours before heading to the gym for an evening session. After the gym, I will play video games some more, read a bit, and go to bed. That is a typical day in my life when I'm at home and we are not playing that day.

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - .simo - 10-12-2021

WSBL PT

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - BOOM™ - 10-12-2021

[Image: huntyou.png]

For the Colorado Yeti's Buffalo Hunter, being featured on the teams YouTube channel means having to actually attempt to do something exciting while the camera is rolling. It sounds easy, but when you're as laid back and as lazy as Buffalo, it's harder then it seems. 
On a typical day, Buffalo Hunter(BH) would roll out of bed as the garbage truck down on the street collected his empty beer and champagne bottles with a crescendo of crashes and smashed glass. He would then casually wake the two beautiful women who stayed at his apartment in Downtown Denver after the previous nights wild party. He'd promise to call them , knowing full well that he wouldn't even remember their names by lunchtime that day and arrange for an Uber to pick them up and take them home....wherever that was. After showering, washing the stench of Coors and cheap perfume off his chiseled body, he'd dress for the day, head downstairs and have his personal chef make him some breakfast. That could range from simple bacon and eggs to freshly squeezed orange juice and a handful of Tylenol to suppress the usual morning dehydration and pounding headache. So far, there's not much that the teams media department would want to show, but later in the day there might be something useful for them to upload.

After breakfast there's time for him to check with his investment advisor and his bookie, just to confirm that he's making just enough money to cover his losses and then it's time to head to the garage to pick a ride and head to the Yeti training facility. The cameraman could join BH for the ride and film the high octane adventure as he breaks several Colorado road laws and imitates a scene from any of the Fast & The Furious movies, weaving in and out of traffic at high speed. That should excite some viewers!

After a quick underwear change for the cameraman, it's time to take some film of the team training, joking around and then some serious shots of BH as he pretends to understand the coaches going through the video review, highlighting plays and suggesting improvements. He nods his head, takes notes(he really just draws boobs) and makes some suggestions such "I think if Caliban actually looked my way every now and then, maybe I'd score a TD". Maybe he has coaching potential after his playing career?

It's mid afternoon and the team has been told to head home, maybe do their own game prep(haha, right) and just relax before tomorrow's game against the Salamanders. Out of game prep or relax, the media team is pretty sure they know which option that BH will take. It's just after dinner and BH has ordered for everybody including the film crew. There's food, some company and even a little chemical stimulation for those that are so inclined. It's going to be another great night and everyone's invited. 

After watching the raw footage the following day, the Yeti Media Department make an incredibly smart decision. "Forget Hunter, let's try Ruschmann instead!"

So there we have it. The exciting but brief and ultimately unusable attempt at using Buffalo Hunter for their "A Day In The Life Of...series. After seeing him in day to day situations, perhaps the retrospective of his life will be much more entertaining as teammates, friends and girls he never called back discuss knowing Buffalo Hunter before his slide into poverty, addiction and obscurity.

Code:

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - jzajenius36 - 10-12-2021

The routine of Honky Tonk Haywood is perhaps one that many men would kill for.  I’ll admit it has its moments.  First, ol’ HTH wakes up to the sound of an alarm at 5:30am.  Not ideal, but when you’ve got a full day you have to pop out of bed early.  After shaking the cobwebs out, Haywood downs a gallon of water, a steaming hot cup of black coffee, and then a massive protein shake.  From there, it’s on to breakfast.  Haywood’s personal chef prepares 12 eggs scrambled, with a pile of bacon and sausage, home fries, and a board of charcuterie.  After his morning constitutional, Haywood is ready to begin his 7am workout.  A grueling half-mile run is followed by heavy lifting for an hour.  A shower, change, and another round of protein shake has Haywood is out of the house around 9am.  Honky has three hours to take care of his other responsibilities – a little consultation with his agent and members of his charity works and familiarizing himself with his emailed updates to the playbook and scouting reports.  At noon, Haywood fulfills a couple of media requests, and then it’s back to the fork and knife.  Depending on the day, you may see Haywood with a full pizza, fried chicken, steak tips, or pulled pork, with all the sides and fixins.  And a bowl of ice cream to pack on additional protein.  All of that by 2pm.  Some may say they envy the life of HTH, but do they have the stamina to keep up with his weighty schedule?

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Acsolap - 10-12-2021

A day in the life of Herc Kirkby is not really all that interesting. Generally on these inside the world of style programs the atheletes or movie stars have had time to establish themselves and make a lot of money so their houses, cars and daily lives are lavish and extrabagant. Kirkby has only just gotten started in the DSFL and whats more is that he was picked up off of waivers so he had no idea where he was going before he had to up and move to Mexico to be a part of the Tijuana Luchadores. Due to probabaly only spending a season or two in Tijuana Herc has rented a small apartment on the beach. He starts his day with a run down the beach and back before walking down the road to the local coffee house for a double espresso and then to Cocos Mingos for some Tostilocos and fresh mango. After that he heads to the training ground for a weight session before heading out on the practice pitch for some individual route running and catching drills before joining up with the rest of the team for team training. Once training is done if they have a day off he might join a few of the boys for a couple of beers at a local bar otherwise he heads home for another run and cooks himself dinner before having an early nights sleep.

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Ace - 10-12-2021

SHL CW - affiliation
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119523&pid=3117697#pid3117697

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Patey - 10-12-2021

When struggling off the field, one of the biggest things I rely on to get me back into the right mental state is my teammates. Sometimes the ones that can help you the best are the ones who know you the most and that would be all of my teammates. Although going to a professional would also be a great option, I would talk it out with all my teammates about the concerns that I am having since and hopefully it can help me out. Although you may never ever be 100% at the end of each and every day, knowing that there is someone there for me on the team will make it 100% easier for me to come back healthy to the team each and every day. 

Making sure I am fully speaking about what is putting me into this mental slump is what is important. Sometimes I try to avoid the topics to make it seem like I am okay but once I start to let it all out, the days after start to become easier. One thing that every team should have is a therapist no matter what size of the league. Sometimes a trained professional is alright but if you don't them on professional teams, it starts to create that stigma that it is not okay to feel mentally unable to do what you need too do.

Words - 232

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Minnesotafine - 10-12-2021

Dallas Fort-Worth’s life is uninteresting. As a rookie in the DSFL, he does not quite have enough money or recognition to live the luxurious life of many of the top ISFL players. Living in Kansas City does have its perks, as he frequently goes out to grab some barbeque, as Kansas City is known for having the best barbeque in the country. He also partakes in many of the city’s other sports teams, such as the Royals and Sporting Kansas City. Of course, he spends plenty of time at practice and game planning for the Coyotes’ next opponents, with an emphasis on spending time in the weight room. In terms of what his living situation is like, he lives in an apartment with his offensive line teammate Beeg Beeg Yoshi, a two-bedroom unit just outside of the city. They have a cat, a Ragdoll named Justice, and a dog, a chihuahua named Tylar. Dallas drives a Dodge Durango, a nice SUV but certainly nothing fancy. But the main thing that would shine through in the documentary is passion. Dallas wants to work hard, bring an Ultimini to Kansas City, get drafted to the ISFL, and eventually win an Ultimus with whatever team he is lucky to end up on, and Dallas is going to work as hard as he can to achieve that.

223 Words

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - Memento Mori - 10-12-2021

WSBL Affiliate PT

RE: (S31) PT 5 - Day in the Life of - CptGoosar - 10-12-2021

Mark is an early riser, normally waking up around 6 to 6:30 each day. The really start really does get the day off on the right foot, especially once the king sized bed is made (Making your bed each morning, means no matter how the day goes Mark has already accomplished something not matter the size of it.) A small breakfast of egg on toast before a quick cardio workout session, alternating between running and cycling. The end of this is normally around 8 when he sets off to the training ground for the days work. Upon arrival its straight to meeting the teammates in the LR. Normally the day start off with an a quick overview of the days plan from the coaching staff, not the best or most exciting part of the day, normally the occasional prank is played here, those involving water are particularly funny at times. The morning session is usually a team focused session working on the game plan. Lunch is next, one of the better parts of the day, the teams cooking staff are wizards and can rustle up a lot of different and amazing food, well worth a visit. Afternoon is set to more focused sessions, normally with related to different groups of players, TE / WR etc. A bit of S&C and rehab to finish the day. Normally the day ends around 4 / 5 PM, and so Mark heads home to relax, normally revolve around a nice dinner and a some chill time n from the of the TV before the whole process repeats all over again the next day. 

As you can see the day is quite boring and repetitive but it's a small price to pay to be able to play this wonderful beautiful sport for a living.