International Simulation Football League
*Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=35438)

Pages: 1 2

*Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Trempale - 10-11-2021

I am going to start the S32 Mock Draft Season a bit early this season! 
We have a lot of exciting Prospects in this Draftclass!

Now I took the draft order from Week 12 or 11. The Draft order will obviously still change and my plan is to do a couple more mock drafts before the draft Smile

The toughest thing about this Mock draft was actually finding out each Team’s needs. There are so many variables to keep in mind while checking Team needs. It took me hours to figure it all out. In the end I went with checking how many players each team has for each position and then I also checked out how many people the teams still have sent down.
Then I obviously have to check if the drafted Prospects are IA or if they are going to be called up soon.
On top of that I had to guess the Defensive Formation the teams used based on how many DT’s they had in their roster.

It sounds a bit easier now that I’ve been through it but the process was very annoying, because I had to start over a couple teams. Because I always noticed new Variables I had to keep in mind.

So, this Mock Draft is going to be based on TPE, a tiny bit on activity (The things I noticed during the season) and it’s mostly based on Team needs. I DID NOT Factor in past connections between Players and Teams. I don’t know the Teams well enough for that and I don’t know all the connections. ^^

I’m not 100 % happy with my Mock Draft, but I guess it leaves room for improvement for the next version.

Here we go:

1.1 OCO Orange County Otters - Pasta The Turtle - LB
OCO takes one of the best prospects in the draft. Pasta will be capped before the end of the season, which is pretty impressive! Pasta has been wreaking havoc for Portland this season and I expect him to be in contention for DROY and next year he’ll be fighting for DPOY!

1.2 BAL Baltimore Hawks - De’Aaron Harper II - CB
The Hawks have a huge hole at Cornerback. Such a big hole that they can’t wait long in the draft to pick the highest rated CB in this draft. It was close between Modern Nazgul and De’Aaron Harper II.

1.3 SJS San Jose SaberCats - Lenard Graf - TE
San Jose need a Tight End like 1 Season ago. Their current TE will hang up his cleats after this season, which leaves them without a starting TE next season. They could either trade for a higher ranked Tight End or trust in the rookie. We could potentially see Lenard Graf being called up immediately after the draft!

1.4 NYS New York Silverbacks - Zephir “Tater” GreyWolf - LB
New York picks up the 9th pick in last season's DSFL Draft. They get a bit of a steal here. Tater has a good Locker Room presence and he is earning really well. We are looking at a Max earner here, which is exactly what you’d expect with the 4th overall selection! On top of that he has a weekly Podcast, which will probably include his future teammates. More potential Money for his teammates.

1.5 BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - Lalu Muhammad Zohri - RB
Berlin has two good Running Backs but both are not getting any younger. They are S23 and S25 Prospects. Berlin has the luxury to go with a great User to ensure a safe future at the Running Back position! Zohri is having a great Season with Minnesota, he is currently battling for OROY!

1.6 NOLA New Orleans Secondline - Escanor Sama - WR
NOLA has a need for Linebackers but after the two best LBs have been picked so early they decide to go with a good Offensive Weapon with Escanor Sama. Sama is currently lighting up defenses in the DSFL. He is also in contention for OROY. He is using his WR2 Position to the fullest. He has a very good big play potential! Keep an eye on this guy in his second season in the DSFL!

1.7 YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - Kalam Mekhar - LB
YKW have a lot of needs, they have the luxury of having two picks in the first round. Which helps them fill two big holes in the team. With their first pick, they pick up an old YKW User with Kalam Mekhar. He will give them a safe future at the LB position for Seasons to come!

1.8 YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - Deshawn Penne - TE
It’s rare to see two Tight Ends going in the first round but this season we have two Teams without a starting Tight End. YKW is in desperate need for a Tight End and Deshawn Penne will be a great addition to the team. Same as with the 4th pick. It could be a possibility that Penne will be instantly called up as well. YKW could trade for a Tight End as well but I think they’ll go for Penne, who will be a good User for Seasons to come.

1.9 CHI Chicago Butchers - LaDamien Beck - S
Chicago doesn't really have a real Draft need. This was one of the toughest Teams to find a need for. Chicago goes with a real luxury Pick right here. LaDamien Beck is a great User, who is earning really well. Chicago could potentially pick up a Tight End here but the two best TEs are already picked up. So they decide to fill that need at a later spot.

1.10 SAR Sarasota Sailfish - Troy Barnes - WR
Sarasota currently only has two Wide receivers in their ISFL Squad. They have one WR in the pipeline but their starting WR is a S23 Prospect. He will feel the regression soon. He is still above 1000 TPE but Sarasota decide to secure the future at WR with Troy Barnes. He is the best WR left in the draft right now and Sarasota will aim to fill their other holes in the later rounds.

1.11 ARI Arizona Outlaws - Doc Fireball - DE
Arizona pick up the 1st Overall Pick from last season’s DSFL Draft. Doc Fireball is earning well and will be close to cap by the time the Draft will happen. He is part of a great London Defense that will be a force next season. I’m looking forward to seeing what the London Defense can do next season! Doc will be a max earner and he also has a weekly Podcast.

1.12 COL Colorado Yeti - Mrs. “Stacks” McHits - OL
Same as in the DSFL Draft. This is a pretty obvious pick. I kind of expect Colorado to trade up for Mrs. McHits. They really don’t want to miss out on this pick. They traded up for Mr McHits last season. Mrs. McHits will be a great addition to the Locker Room and I expect her to make Colorado a lot better!

1.13 PHI Philadelphia Liberty - Modern Nazgul - CB
Philly fills one of their only holes in the Team with a really good young Cornerback. Modern Nazgul is just coming off probably the best defensive performance of the Season. I could see him going second overall instead of De’Aaron Harper II, this is very close! Philadelphia are very lucky to pick him up so late into the first round! This is a steal!

1.14 AUS Austin Copperheads - Spicy Ron - LB
Austin has a big need at Linebacker and they decide to fill it very early on with the best LB left in the draft. Spicy Ron will be the 4th LB taken in the 1st Round!! He is currently in a fight for DPOY with his Teammate Pasta the Turtle.

2.1 OCO Orange County Otters - Mauler Panda - OL
The Otters have a really big need at Offensive Line with only human Offensive Line player. They go with the best left and this will probably start a bit of a run on OL Players.Mauler Panda is a consistent earner and will be a cornerstone of the OLine for the next Seasons!

2.2 BAL Baltimore Hawks - Dallas Fort-Worth - OL
Baltimore are kind of in the same boat as Orange County. They really need Human Offensive Line players. They decide to go with the best OL User left in the draft, Dallas Fort-Worth. Baltimore now has 1 active Offensive Lineman in the ISFL and two in the DSFL.

2.3 SJS San Jose Sabercats - John Riggins - RB
San Jose decide to get the Running Back of the future here in the second Round. Jamar Lackson has a lot of tread left on his tyres but he is a S22 Prospect. He will be active for 2-3 more Seasons, John Riggins will be ready by then to fill the void. John Riggins will be patient but he will be put into a good position.

2.4 BAL Baltimore Hawks - Beeg Beeg Yoshi - OL
Baltimore are really committed to improving the OL! Two new Offensive Lineman in the second round will create an insane Offensive Line for the future! Baltimore could have gone in a different direction here but Beeg Beeg Yoshi and Dallas Fort-Worth were the best players left in the draft in a position of need. Solid pick ups even though they are not flashy!

2.5 BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - Arnie Rufus - DT
Berlin is using two Defensive Lineman and their second DT is nearing retirement. He will most likely retire next Season. Arnie Rufus will be ready to step up and fill his spot. This pick could change if Berlin decide to go with a different formation in the future. This is assuming that they currently run a two DT Formation and will switch to 3-4.

2.6 NOLA New Orleans Secondline - Garfield Despacito III - DT
NOLA’s current DT is a Season 24 Prospect and he is already in regression. He can probably play for another couple of Seasons but NOLA want to be prepared in case of an early retirement. This is the perfect pick! Garfield is the current Defensive Captain in Bondi Beach.

2.7 YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - Theo AwardsSystemIsBad - OL
YKW have a need at Offensive Line and after the run at Offensive Line players they decide to go for the best player left at the position. Theo will reunite with his current GM in Bondi Beach. Who is an Offensive Linemen for YKW.

2.8 HON Honolulu Hahalua - Dakota Grossman - CB
Honolulu has a need for Cornerback and after not having a first Round pick they decide to fill that need as early as they can. Honolulu has 2 active Cornerbacks right now and could use an addition to the small position group.

2.9 CHI Chicago Butchers - Jake Endson - TE
As I said earlier. Chicago has no real holes to fill, so they decide to go for a Tight End with Jake Endson. He will make a great Tight End duo with Nick L. Back! If Jake Endson stays active, these two will be a force for Seasons to come! Jake Endson will have to be happy with the TE2 Role for a while.

2.10 SAR Sarasota Sailfish - Lance Witt - S
Sarasota has a need for Cornerback but decided to go with a Safety. Lance Witt is the best DB left in the draft and he will be able to help out as Nickel Corner if needed. He will bolster an already good DB room.

2.11 ARI Arizona Outlaws - Jack Lewis - K/P
Arizona with the steal of the draft so far. Jack Lewis has the highest amount of TPE in the whole S32 Draft class! Arizona has a need for a Kicker/Punter so this is a match made in heaven. Jack Lewis will max earn for sure. This is the perfect pick! Also check out Jack Lewis’s GFX/Media posts. They are pretty sick!

2.12 COL Colorado Yeti - Dragazor Blaze - CB
Colorado has one of the best CB rooms in the League but they decide to go with the best defensive player left in the draft. Maybe they can find a way to use him. They could potentially pick up a QB here but that is a bit too early in my opinion. Their Star QB is a S24 Prospect and currently at 1407 TPE. No reason to worry just yet.

2.13 PHI Philadelphia Liberty - Tobias Worthington III - QB
This is a pick that I’m not happy with. Not because of Worthington, no. He deserves to go way earlier. I just couldn’t find the right spot for either of the three QBs in the draft. All 3 have the same amount of TPE. Philadelphia pick up Worthington because he has a really good LR presence. Hopefully I’ll find a better solution for my next Mock Draft.

2.14 AUS Austin Copperheads - Rocky Rhoads - RB
Austin has a need for a second Tight End but they decide to go with the value Pick here as well. Rocky Rhoads is the 3rd best Running Back in the draft. I’m also not really happy with this pick. Austin has two really good Running backs on their roster plus another FB. Austin will definitely be set up for the future at the Running Back position.

As you can see, it’s not easy at all to predict what the ISFL Teams will do with their picks. I’d like to invite all of you to start your own Mock Drafts. If you want I can share my Team Needs Table, that will save you some time.
The more Mock Drafts the better Smile

Keep an eye out for my Mock Draft Version 1.1 closer towards the draft.
If you have any recommendations for what I could improve on this Mock Draft please let me know!

Sorry to the Quarterbacks, It’s very hard to find a spot for you guys! One spot I could see one of you go is in the 3rd Round to NYS! Sadly they didn’t have a 2nd Round Pick(Traded to Baltimore).

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - g2019 - 10-11-2021

@MamaB in the 1st round?!! REACHHHHHHHHHHHHH (jk jk please don't hurt me)

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Trempale - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 08:12 AM)g2019 Wrote: @MamaB in the 1st round?!! REACHHHHHHHHHHHHH (jk jk please don't hurt me)

Oof, thats no pancakes and a night on the couch for you :/

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - LordEscanor - 10-11-2021

Thank you for the kind words <3

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Pat - 10-11-2021

Philly drafting 13 overall? YES PLEASE THANK YOU.

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Starboy - 10-11-2021

Hm I think Chicago could go DL if there is one open. Only a DT and DE on the roster lends itself to being on the lookout for one if the ones past Fireball earn well

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - kentakira - 10-11-2021

Thanks for putting zohri in 1st round ahahha

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Dp-420 - 10-11-2021

Good read sir. Looking forward to your next rendition!

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - Trempale - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 11:36 AM)Starboy Wrote: Hm I think Chicago could go DL if there is one open. Only a DT and DE on the roster lends itself to being on the lookout for one if the ones past Fireball earn well

good catch! I can see them taking Dline with their second round pick. I think it’s too early to pick up Dline with their first pick. LaDamien Beck is to good of a User to pass on I think.

RE: Tremps S32 ISFL Mock Draft 1.0 - BOOM™ - 10-11-2021

Like you said, this may change through trades or Free Agency but a nice read. Look forward to seeing future versions.