International Simulation Football League
*Very early ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Very early ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=35509)

*Very early ISFL Mock Draft - teddyoojo - 10-16-2021

Ok so, this is my attempt at a rather early mock draft (shoutout to 2x media). For this mock I've looked through the teams Lineups and senddowns to determine which Position is needed, without taking any Positionswaps into consideration.
I'm fully aware that some teams will probabaly have people position switch to fill QB needs and stuff, but I'm not a wizard I cannot know these things.
At this point I would also like to point out that my player Bernd D. Brot is fully willing to switch Positions to DE/WR/RB heading into the ISFL draft.
Alright, lets take a look at this mock draft.
First thing is me assuming the current standings reflect the future draft positions, meaning:
1.BAL 2.OCO 3.NOLA 4. SJS 5. NYS 6. YWK. 7.PHI 8. BER 9. HON 10. ARI 11. SAR 12. CHI 13. YETI 14. AUS

Sooooooo, with the first overall pick of the S32 ISFL Draft, the Baltimore Hawks select.....

BAL
1. Baltimore Ravens select.. LaDamien Beck (Safety) out of Tijuana

Well, so technically the Ravens do not need a Safety, however what they do need is help in the secondary. Unfortunately this draft class does not have the strongest CB class, therefore picking up a Top Tier Safety seems to be the rather smart decision. However I could also see them having a good scouting conversation with De'Aaron Harper II, that could possibly make him the #1 OA pick. Otherwise, Beck is destined to be the choice.
Theres no other gaping holes that I can tell in the Baltimore Hawks lineup, so im rather confident its going to be one of those 2. A trade out of 1oa is possibly not out of the question.

OCO
2. The Orange County Otters select.. A trade (lmao I wasnt even gonna do this, but considering their biggest need is Safety, and Beck is the by far strongest Safety followed by a dropoff, i can reasonably see OCO trading down here)

NYS
2. The New York Silverbacks select.. Pasta The Turtle (LB) out of Portland

So yeah, given many teams have quite the old Linebacker corp, the fight is on to pick up the Numbber 1 Linebacker prospect of this draft. NYS have the biggest need I can personally tell for a Linebacker, hence theyre willing to offer the most to OCO.
Pasta is currently #2 TPE of this class (only lead by a K/P), one of the biggest needs for NYS, basically a slam dunk for the Silverbacks to trade up here (I'll assume they traded their 1st this year + extra obviously so OCO will have the 5th pick).
Jumping NOLA and SJS seems worth it for the Silverbacks to pick up such a stud.

NOLA
3. The New Orleans Second Line select.. Lalu Muhammad Zohri (RB) out of Minnesota

Basically i think NOLA here has 2 options.. They have need at RB, DT/DE and Safety. However with the top safety prospect gone, their choice will be between Zohri and Doc Fireball. Personally i could see it going either way, im giving the nod to Zohri here since hes higher TPE.
NOLA has a bunch of holes to fill and I think historically DLine functions better with less TPE than other positions. I base this off of nothing and am probably completely wrong. NOLA have an aging Rotchburns and need replacing on this position sooner than replacing toblerone on DE.

SJS
4. The San Jose Sabercats select.. Doc Fireball (DE) out of London

Well, personally I could see them even reaching down to pick up Lance Witt, their Safety need is just that huge. But with position switches and stuff who knows. Also they have quite a need for DE aswell, so Fireball should make for a pretty strong draft choice for SJS.
However, they must address their Safety needs somehow, either in the second round or in free agency or in a position swap. But their Safety positions needs HELP!

OCO
5. The Orange County Otters select.. Bernd D. Brot (future DE) out of Bondi Beach

Honestly, I don't fucking know, which is why i got rid of myself here. They mostly need OL and Safety, however they seem to refuse to pick up OL. The same issue as for most teams, top Safety is gone what do. They have a need for their DLine, so I theoretically can see myself going here but who the fuck actually knows. I dont. Quite possible they do another trade down to amass future draft picks.

YKW
6. The Yellowknife Wraiths select.. De'Aaron Harper II (CB) out of Tijuana

So there goes Tijuanas second players, heading to YWK with their 1st of 2 first round picks. They have a looot of holes in their team right now, and CB is one of the biggest ones. Look forward to them addressing more positional holes in the future picks.
But here they choose Harper II, the best available CB prospect in this draft class. I dont actually have much to say about this here, theres actually a couple of options yellowknife could go with, they could also possibly be looking to address their WR need here or their Safety or DE/DT need.
But in the end i decided on Harper because CB is more important than those as far as I know. And I know nothing so ignore it.

PHI
7. The Philadelphia Liberty select.. Lenard Graf (TE) out of Bondi Beach

So idk, Phillys biggest need seems to be DT/DE and QB. I see them picking up a QB in the second, but as far as i can tell there is only 2 teams that need to think about a new QB, and theres 2 strong QB prospect available so no need to rush it. However I can also see the case for picking up Mr. We Are Despacito GWDJOHNSON, as their need for DT is quite apparent aswell. However they only sport 1 Tight End on their roster, and Graf is hands down one of my favourite prospects from this entire Draft class. Bondi struck gold with this draft pick in the last DSFL draft, and I literally cannot possibly see a scenario where Graf drops out of the First Round, therefore I have him going to Philly who will be quite happy with a second Tight End. It will also help their aging WR corp in the future.

BER
8. The Berlin Fire Salamanders select.. Zephyr "Tater" GreyWolf (LB) out of London

So Londons second players is going off the board here, GreyWolf used to lead this entire class in TPE as a completely new create, I personally dont know much more about him, and I cannot see him falling into the second round of this draft as has happened in the DSFL.
Berlin has a shitton of needs actually, from LB to RB, CB, and a bit of Safety. However when u have this many needs you simply go with best prospect available on one of your many positions of need, and this is where Grey Wolf just comes in and goes 8oa.
Berlin has a lot of building to do in their defense in this draft, and will have to pick up some more prospects in the positions i mentioned.

HON
9. The Honolulu Hahaluas select.. Troy Barnes (WR) out of Tijuana

So they just have to pick up a WR here, theyre completely depleted at the WR position. Honestly, its a toss up between Barnes and Escanor Sama for me, I assume it will depend on the scouting conversations between Honolulu and those 2, but I'm rather certain it will end up being one of those 2.
In the end here i chose Barnes, since hes 6 TPE higher at point of typing this up and TPE>all. Im not aware of any Dallas/Tijuana pipelines to Honolulu either so.

EDIT:
Well, turns out the Hahaluas select noone with this pick, since this pick belongs to the Yellowknife Wraiths.
YKW
9. The Yellowknife Wraiths select.. Troy Barnes (WR) out of tijuana

So the 1st round pick of HON actually belongs to the Wraiths, sporting 2 top10 picks in this draft. Assuming they fill their CB need with their earlier draft choice, theyre going back and bringing another Tijuana player along with Harper II to Yellowknife. Their WR corp is almost as depleted as Honolulus, so its kind of a no brainer they choose the best available WR here. Basically the same stuff applies as I have written about Honolulu when i assumed it was their pick here.

ARI
10. The Arizona Outlaws select.. Deshawn Penne (TE) out of London

This is also already Londons 3rd player going in the Top10. Arizona has a huge need for DE, however they also have quite the need for a new Tight End. Also Im sure its national tight end day soon (Cmon George stop being injured please play). They will have to find a way to address DE later in the rounds tho, but for now Penne seems to be the best available prospect for their positions of need, so I have him going to Arizona. Must be quite the change going from piss weather country to arizona but Im sure hell be up to the task.

SAR
11. The Sarasota Sailfish select.. Lance Witt (S) out of Dallas

Well, this in my opinion and no offense intended, seems to be the first reach of this draft. However, Sarasota has some serious need for Safety. Both their safeties are S22, and they only have 1 Safety currently down in the DSFL.
Sarasotas other needs include WR and DE/DT, however its also not the greatest depth for those Positions, therefore I can see them try to improve the most important positions for them, which is Safety. Witt is clearly the best Safety prospect left in the draft, and the Sailfish will be happy with Witt, as Im sure Witt will be happy going to Sarasota (now that Frost GM is gone, Just kidding frost ily).

CHI
12. The Chicago Butchers select.. Garfield Despacito III (DT) out of Bondi Beach

We are Despacito, or more accurately Chicago is Despacito now, they have an immense need for their DLine, GWD is the best possible prospect left, a long time ISFL member, I'd be surprised to see him falling out of the first round here, which is why hes going to Chicago, the team with the biggest hole to fill at DT. Its possible i think that OCO brings back Garfield back before Chicago has the opportunity to pick him up here at 12, but as it stands now this is where i predict him to go.

COL
13. The Colorado Yeti select.. Modern Nazgul (CB) out of Minnesota

So the Yetis by far biggest need is CB, which, pretty straight forward, makes them draft the best available Cornerback prospect in this class remaining. In round 2 I expect the Yeti to fill their hole at QB,and they will eventually have to try and pick up a good DT aswell, as its one of their biggest weaknesses, as their lone DT is a S22 player. Regression is a bitch. I certainly could see them also going for Despacito III if he would still be available, but I think with picking up such a strong CB prospect the Yeti will be quite happy here at 13.

AUS
14. The Austin Copperheads select.. Kalam Mekhar (LB) out of Dallas

So the Copperheads will have a couple of positions of need heading into this draft.. And while CB and DT/DE are bigger needs for the team at this moment, I think theyre going with the best available prospect still remaining here for their position of need, and thats Mekhar.
Certainly possible they go and pick up Arnie Rufus, but Im pretty confident that if the draft unfolds as I predict so far, Mekhar will end up in Austin.

This concludes the first round of my mock draft, Its possible that if im in the mood to crank out another 2k words that i Will also attempt the round 2 Mock tomorrow, gotta get that sweet sweet 2x.
I think i got the draft picks correctly, as far as i can tell only HON lost their first round pick. Of course  Drafts are always dumb and with positions swaps its almost impossible to predict what is going to happen, however i tried.
Im sorry to everyone I dont have going in the first Round, I hope im wrong about you !

2080 words

RE: Very early ISFL Mock Draft - qWest - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 10:40 AM)teddyoojo Wrote: Arizona has a huge need for DE

Not so much. We play a 3-4 scheme and already have 3 solid IDL players with a 4th in the DSFL.

I notoriously love a good tight end tho.

RE: Very early ISFL Mock Draft - teddyoojo - 10-16-2021

Mh, from what I could tell one of your 3 DL players is S21 (and is most likely retired by the time its Callup time for S32), and couldnt find any DL on your budget sheet in the DSFL (someone switching I guess?)

RE: Very early ISFL Mock Draft - LordEscanor - 10-16-2021

I feel pretty disrespected, ngl lmao

RE: Very early ISFL Mock Draft - Trempale - 10-19-2021

(10-16-2021, 10:56 AM)qWest Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 10:40 AM)teddyoojo Wrote: Arizona has a huge need for DE

Not so much. We play a 3-4 scheme and already have 3 solid IDL players with a 4th in the DSFL.

I notoriously love a good tight end tho.
 :eyes: If only this draft would have some decent Tight Ends....

RE: Very early ISFL Mock Draft - By-Tor - 10-19-2021

:doubletake: :eyes: