International Simulation Football League
(S31) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S31) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=35541)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(S31) Ultimus Week - siddhus - 10-18-2021

Welcome to Ultimus Week for Season 31! You have ten days to complete the Ultimus Week point task, so the deadline will be Wednesday, October 27st, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.

Quick Rules:
  • You can earn up to a maximum of 10 TPE through any combination of the available Tier 1-3 tasks. Follow the word count rules specified for each tier and keep your submissions on topic.
  • Articles, graphics, or podcasts that have already been used to get media/graphics money cannot be submitted again for Ultimus Week credit (sorry – no double dipping!).
  • Podcasts can only be submitted for Tier 1 and 2 written tasks. A podcast must include 20 minutes of discussion for Tier 1 and 10 minutes of discussion for Tier 2 about the selected topic. If you make a podcast with someone else, it must be 20/10 minutes apiece.
  • As with PTs, graphics must show at least some effort (i.e. edits must be apparent, should be more than just text slapped on an image).
  • Task 31 is our affliate Task, so look there for instructions.
Tier 1: Long Form Tasks (Must be 800+ words)
Choose ONE for 10 TPE.

1. This week will see the S31 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Were there any dark horse teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? Who do you think will win the final? If you’re writing this after the finals were decided, were you surprised by the outcome?

2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

3. For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

4. “Sim gonna sim” is a popular expression in the league. Write about teams that have been graced by the sim gods and had amazing performances despite statistical odds, and/or about teams that were considered favorites but may have dealt with some bad sim luck that hampered their efforts. How much of an impact did it have on their season(s)?

5. The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 800 words or more, describe any significant moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered? Events might include championship wins, the inducting of players to the hall of fame, or even a league scandal.

6. Write 800 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 800 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (Each must be 400+ words)
Choose up to TWO for 5 TPE each.

7. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S32 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

8. With awards season upon us, make up an award for your player win for something not on the football field?

9. Through a random lottery drawing, you have been named the league's new commisioner for a day. Congrats! What improvements would you make to the league if you had the power to do whatever you wanted?

10. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

11. Write about your team’s biggest rivalry and what makes it so fierce. Is the competition founded in statistics and the team’s recent performance, or is it a rivalry that developed over time during the team’s history that would exist regardless of statistics?

12. Choose a team or player to write about that isn’t your own. What did they do well in the last season? Have they shown any drastic improvements from previous years? What could they do better?

13. Expansion Expansion Expansion! The league seems to love talking about it, but it has still not happened. Tell us why it should happen / should not happen soon?

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks (Each must be either 200+ words or a graphic)
Choose up to FOUR for 2.5 TPE each.

15. Going to Disneyland! Who was the Ultimus Game MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disneyland. (Can be completed after the Ultimus game)

16. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S32 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season?

17. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. No graphics option available here.

18. Written option - which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

19. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show

20. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.

21. Now thats three seasons on the new sim. What are your thoughts? Do you think that it is better than DDSPF16?

22. You’re in charge of entertainment for the Ultimus or Ultimini half-time show. What would you do?

23. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a one of the league's stars.

24. If you could create a team using any active players in the league, what would that team look like? Would you build a group of all-stars to contend in the next Ultimus, or a team full of jokesters for the fun of it? Describe the roster and why you chose the players you did.

25. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?

26. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why?

27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why?

28. Choose one existing award. Tell us why you think a certain player should win that award this season. Stats, or anything else possible should be used to support your case.

29. Awards have been a subject of controversy for a while in the league. Tell us your ideas on how awards process can be fixed.

30. The World Football Association was established last season and has run through its first season What do you think about the WFC as a whole and how it has been shaping out.

31. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW. And you may only use a max of 1.

Contact your local PPT Team Member if you are confused for any of the prompts or in general need any help with anything!

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - FootballIsCool - 10-18-2021

21. I will start this off by saying that I joined the league just as we switch to the most recent simulation engine, so what we currently have is all that I know. I will say that the change is probably a very good thing. From what I have been informed is that the previous simulation engine was largely figured out and that there were some positions, like offensive line that were deemed worthless for a player to be occupying that position. But they are now relevant.  Since we are three seasons into the new simulation engine, it has what you would want in a simulation engine. It has a fair bit of randomness that feels like your team is not completely doomed if you are playing against a roster that is "far and away a better TPE". This allows for playoffs and individual games to feel far more meaningful and allows upsets and that is good for entertainment and in return is good for the league. With these positives that does not mean that this simulation engine does not have it's own set of flaws. one qualm that I have, is three seasons into the league and there still is not a proper display of offensive linemen stats while watching the games be performed. I would like to see a full box score. The other thing that felt really terrible two seasons ago but I did not seem to observe it as much is bullshit endings to the game. Often time it felt like 70% of games were decided by the final possession off the back of forced comebacks, which can be good for drama occasionally but the frequency of it was too damn high and got stale extremely quick. Overall from what I have heard the switch was largely a success and an improvement over the old simulation engine.

[310 words]

25. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why?
wow, what a fun topic to talk about It has taken me a long time to think about what I would have picked if an offensive linemen weren't an option. I suppose I would have created as a Full back. I would have been like Tampa Bay Legend Mike Alstott a true threat when running the ball. I would have actually made running the ball as a full back. However I would also have the ability to ground and pound everyone on god's green earth. The main reason I would like to be a fullback is because they are the friends of the Offensive linemen. They also serve up quite a considerable amount of pancakes to all of the friends on the team. That’s why being a fullback would be amazing. It would also like to see the ball every once in a while with handoffs and would live to show off my celebration dance that I have been planning on showing off it is called the stumpy shake. I will leave that to the imagination of what that is but I will likely get fined for it. Kids will need to avert their eyes from the Television because of it but it will be good for the environment

27. There are a lot of teams in the league that have some really great brandings but I think the team that has the best branding in the league is the Colorado Yeti.  I would consider the Yeti to be my favorite branding because of their use of black as a focal point with how colorful this logo is by using the Colorado state flag. Everything is on a red backdrop in front of which is the Colorado flag’s iconic C outlined in royal blue in front of what is assumed to be a yeti but it is actually just a silhouette of what is unknown. If I were to pick a second favorite team logo it would be the Honolulu Hahalua first off the logo is just funny and so unique the personality from a sting/manta ray going through a hula hoop is just so funny to me that it brings joy every time that I think about it. In addition to that, I love the colors. I'm a huge fan of blue and this logo rocks a very pleasant royal blue on top of having a yellow that pops extremely well with other muted colors that bring balance to such a loud brand. The team that I would like to have a rebrand or the logo that I like the least is the Wraiths. It’s the worst logo in the league It feels more like a skeleton than ghost-like and just feels like a played out version of the NFL Raiders and is uninspiring.

[248 words]

31. WSBL Affiliate 
Different Forum Username: Basketballiscool

7.5/10

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - Trempale - 10-18-2021

7. I found the League through Reddit and at first I was pretty excited about the chance to take part in a Football Simulation. I thought that this was a manager game but it turned out to be a lot better ^^
I created my account and joined both the normal Discord and the Rookie Discord.
Next up was my Player creation. I used the player creation tool and decided to pick a Tight End. It was either going to be a Tight End or something on the defensive Side of the Ball. In Madden I usually play a Cornerback or Safety. I would be down to switch to those positions if my ISFL Team needs it. But I doubt I'll be drafted to a Team that doesn't need a Tight End. Since SJS and YKW desperately need Tight Ends. Quick Shoutout to my Mock draft and "Te likely landingspots" Media posts.
After I picked Tight End I had to pick an archetype and I immediately went Vertical Threat. I want to be able to make plays and be dangerous in the passing game. Possesion Tight End was also an option but I decided against it.

The Rookie Guide is very well done. It basically guided me through my starting phase. I continued to create my update Page and I also started to write my Wiki Post. (I still make sure that it's up to date!) Creating a backstory for my player was fairly easy. As I am from Germany I made my player be german as well. Through good performances he got a shot at playing for a college and made the best out of it.

After the Rookie Task Points were done I was taking a look at each and every Team and also the already posted Media.

The wait for the Draft was waaaay too long. The first Scouting conversations happend and I had some favorites.
Come Draft day I wake up early morning, avoid all Discord Notifications and start to rewatch the draft. Due to being in germany the draft was at 2 AM and I couldn't watch it live.
It was a shock to me! Being drafted 3 OA was not what I was expecting! That made my whole morning! I was expecting to watch the first round picks and then drive to work to finish the draft.

Bondi Beach welcomed me very quickly to the Team and it feels like a family! Smile

14. With a lot of holes to fill in Bondi my Player was able to play some snaps at WR. Due to picking a Vertical Archetype I was able to hold my own against some of the Cornerbacks in the league. Preseason was very rocky for us. We lost 73-7 ( I think) to Norfolk. Something that didn't really put our damper on our season as we expected to not do too well. We had 10 Call ups last Offseason! We ended up finishing the Offseason with a record of 1-3.

Week 1 was also against Norfolk and this time we did better. We still lost but we kept it pretty close until the 4th quarter where we failed a couple 4th downs.
It was pretty clear from the beginning, Ken Oath had to carry us through the season. We only had a decent WR and myself, a Rookie, as passing weapons. In the beginning I was obviously still below 100 TPE and only marginally growing each week.

I myself started the season with an average of 30 yards per game. Let's not talk about the drops tho! So many god damn drops. Thankfully it got better with every upgrade. We were having a lot of bad games as expected but we also had some surprise wins during the season. For example a win vs Tijuana! We were still only fighting for the 1st Overall Pick this season tho. We are in a pretty close race for it ^^
It will be decided tonight I think. Whoever wins/losses will get the 1st OA Pick.

Obviously I'd much rather play in the playoffs but maybe we can make that happen next Season. That depends on how good our draft will be and it also depends on which Team my player will be drafted by. There are a couple options and if my Player gets drafted by either San Jose or Yellowknife then my player might be called up immediately. Which is kinda cool but also kinda sad. Cause my player would have been able to ball out next season in the DSFL as an already Capped player. If I stay down then i'm shooting for Mark Goodhead's stats. He balled out last season! But i obviously wouldn't be mad about an immediate Call up as well. It would be rough for my player as my TPE is so much lower as all the other Rookies but I'm sure I would be able to hold my own against the other players.

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - ZootTX - 10-18-2021

UW Pass

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - OrbitingDeath - 10-18-2021

5 TPE - 9) Through a random lottery drawing, you have been named the league's new commisioner for a day. Congrats! What improvements would you make to the league if you had the power to do whatever you wanted?

My brilliant plan to win this years fantasy league was to draft as much Arizona Outlaws as possible, after all, they had everything they needed to be succesfull and were the major fantasy players the season before. Nothing could go wrong right. I had Charlemagne Cortez, Taro Raimon, Darren Pama, Cade York and even got to pick up Tatsu Nakamura as the 12th RB selected in this group. I should have known better, but Cortez was only good for 28 touchdowns this season, 7 quarterbacks had more. He threw for 4293 yards once again 8 quarterbacks scored higher. So quarterback wise the Arizona Outlaws should have been better, they had to tools to help Cortez with multiple elite receivers and running backs (they can also be included in the passing game).  Compare it to last year, where he came 1 touchdown short to the league lead and yardwise, he had only three quarterbacks before him when he had 4872 yards. So from a 14-2 record, they slipped to a 9-7 record, a big decline for a team considered the major favorite coming into the season.

In terms of running backs, in season 30 Nakamura and Memes both had around 1010 yards (Nakamura had 1 more) and 26 (14 to 12) touchdowns. So with the decrese in passing this season, you would expect a large jump here. But the contrary happened, while the touchdowns only went down slightly to 24 ( 11 to 13), the yardage dropped for both of them to 873 for Nakamura and 853 for Memes. So not the gain I would expect of them.

When looking at Cade York, I might have just gambled wrong there, as he wasn't that great in S30 either, but I figured the Outlaws offense would stay red hot, but just like the season before he remained at 24 field goals made. This time 9 kickers scored more compared to 8 more the season before.

So was the team worse in every aspect? Maybe not! We still have the defense to look at. Last season they were the amongst the worst tacklers in the league, with just New York, Baltimore and Chicago below them. This year they obliterated the others, tackling 66 more as the number two in the league.  38 of those were tackles for loss, good for 1st in the league. With this they improve from the year prior, where they had to share the number 1 position with 30 tackles for Yellowknife, Chicago and Arizona. With 47 sacks they were in the middle of the pack during S30, they did see a decline here this year with 44 tackles, losing a couple of spots here aswell. Seven teams did better as them this year when looking at the interceptions where they had 12 off, the same amount as last season, but then they had nine teams do better. With the passes defended rating they lead the league in Season 30, but no idea what happened this year, as it really was a case from the top to the bottom, as now they only have more as Orange County and San Jose.

Needless to say, a lot went worse for the Outlaws this year. For the Honolulu Hahalua, we hope this will result in their first playoff win. The odds are still against the Hahalua despite the worse season for the Outlaws, as perhaps, they just were too good the year prior.

2,5 TPE - 19) Tv show

[Image: xZmxa98.png]

2,5 TPE - 23) Video game cover (featuring Jay Cue Jr.)

[Image: 9af7Hd0.png]

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - 3lewsers - 10-18-2021

22. You’re in charge of entertainment for the Ultimus or Ultimini half-time show. What would you do?

Our halftime show should be Prince. There are no other options worthy. Prince had the greatest NFL Super Bowl Halftime Show of all time, and we have no right to fool around with perfection. Hire his hologram to perform immediately. You will not find anything better. You can try all you want to improve on that, but you will fail miserably. The only issues is that he would be able to be contained with the confines of a 20-minute set. When Prince performs, you get what you get and you don't get upset. His full-length setlist would consist of Little Red Corvette, Nothing Compares 2 U, U Got The Look, I Would Die 4 U, Baby I'm a Star, Kiss, Darling Nikki, Purple Rain, Plectrumelectrum, and many more. The players better stay warm and sauna up at halftime, because it may be 3 hours or so before they get back out on the field. If you ask Prince to finish early, it will not go well, and he will play extended versions of unheard songs from Morris Day & The Time. All of these things are worth having the musical genius perform. Check your ego at the door, because Prince Rogers Nelson will not. Get used to it.

26. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why?

I want to see power-ups on the field like in video games. Step on the 50-yard logo and you are transported to a random spot on the field. You could have an open lane to the end zone, or end up in the middle of a scrum. In addition, let's have the entire field covered in sponsorships. There is never enough money to go around, and the easiest way to get it is to sell useless advertising space to rich suckers. The grass in the end zones should be replaced with 6 foot high cornstalks to make scoring more difficult. The entire field should also be fenced in, and the walls are in play. There would be no out of bounds at all. You would be given 10 plays to score. No first downs at all. No punts, and no field goals. You start every drive at your own goal line. If you fail to score a touchdown in 10 plays, the other team starts at their own goal line. There are no point after conversions. Touchdowns only. Oh, and there is no pass interference. It will be a free-for-fall of epic proportions, and the best conditioned team will most likely prevail. But as they say, that's why they play the games.

30. The World Football Association was established last season and has run through its first season What do you think about the WFC as a whole and how it has been shaping out.

The World Football Association needs a lot of work. For one, it needs better advertising and exposure. I hardly knew anything about it. In addition, I was informed by one of the GMs that I would be on the team. Then, lo and behlod, I wasn't. Not a good look. Hire the right people, and get the word out. Without that, this is just another fledgling aside that will be gone before you know it. When does it start, how do you join, when does it end, what is the incentive to be involved? Those are all questions I do not know the answers too. The information needed has never made its way down the hill to the users. So many things go by that I am not informed of, and this is just another prime example. It sounds like it could be interesting, but when in one week I go from being told I am on a team to me looking a the statistics and I am nowhere to be found; that is just not acceptable. I would like to see a complete list of requirements and rules regarding the WFA. I don't like being in the dark about things that could actually be fun and entertaining. What a shame.

31. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW. And you may only use a max of 1.

WSBL Affiliate PT

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - WildfireMicro - 10-18-2021

Tier 19.

Back in the past when I used to do this tier I would just say that Tsuyu would have a cooking show. But now I think that a documentary drama show about her life in football and beyond would be very cool. She would mostly star as herself during the scenes where she is shown to be an adult, and her sister would play her younger self. The show would start from the time she went to America and had to attend the University of Kentucky due to an error in one of her applications to a different university. The show would be called "Froppy Football: My life on the gridiron and beyond".

The show would continue to her time as a walk-on at Kentucky after falling in love with football to her first actual game with the team. The drama would happen when it mentions some of the backlash she got trying to play for the team. It would get happier when it gets to her actually being good at football. It would then follow her senior year and her time in London after the DSFL draft. Then the series would conclude when she is drafted by the Philadelphia Liberty and truly achieve her dreams. I think ESPN would probably produce it and it would be a multiple parts series.

Tier 24.  

Man if I could make a team full of players I can hand choose I would fill it with people I know I get along with. The quarterback would be Ryan Negs because he is a cool dude. The wide receivers would be me and Kendrick-Watts who are the best earners in the season 27 draft class and Killian Chambers. The running backs would be Jamar Lackson became of the veteran experience Lonnie Jackson because I know I can get along with him. One of the key players on defense would be Ernest Lover aka Mojojojo who I would want as my co-GM. I would also want Marlon Brando aka Blorgl who is honestly a national treasure.

I would want Jimi DeSoto as one of my linebackers because he is one of the nicest people in the league. Another defensive player I would want is Melvin Murder-Moose because Schwarz is one of the nicest users around. I would want Horlde aka Alexander Franklin on the offensive line because he is a cool guy along with Rudy Gray aka Magnet. CJ Sonjack aka Ace would be adorable choice. Basically this team is a good combination of users that are nice but will definitely earn and I think it would make some noise no matter what division it is in.

Tier 27.

This league is not honestly the best when it comes to branding. There are three mostly red teams in one division alone. But I think right now Sarasota has amazing colors and cool branding. The colors are light enough for the fun and sun of Florida and the Sailfish itself is pretty unique. Honolulu has cool branding as well but honestly the fact that it is so close to the Birddogs colors bothers me. Of course Philadelphia gas the red white and blue of America that is fitting for the name Liberty. I also love the colors of the Austin Copperheads and the Yellowkinfe Wraiths.

One team that I think could definitely need a complete rebranding is the San Jose Sabercats. Honestly the main reason for this is the fact that San Jose stole the idea from the Arena Football League. Yes there was a team called the Sabercats in arena football and the ISFL team ripped them off in every way but logo. The exact same logo and the exact same colors. I personally think when you make a new team you should at the very least come up with an original idea so the Sabercats branding bothers me. Yes the Orange County Otters logo needs an updating but at least the branding is original unlike the Sabercats.

Tier 31. WSBL Affiliate PT

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - Beck - 10-18-2021

Tier 1 

3. For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

For the Ultimus task this time around, I have decided to write about option number 3. This option is about who shaped my franchises legacy and what would a Mount Rushmore look like? I will break this down into users and what I feel their contributions are that make them worthy of enshrinement. I do not know tons about the history of the team, so this write up may have a lot of recency bias. The people below are listed in no particular order.

Person #1: Ice Bear

I have to go with my good buddy Ice Bear. He is an easy one to write about because I know him so well personally, and he is the one who talked me into joining the ISFL. He was drafted 3 or 4 seasons ago and made an immediate impact in both the locker room and on the field. Honolulu has been some what of an after thought for many users it seems, and I think Honolulu getting Ice Bear was a huge step in the direction of relevancy both on the sim field and also throughout the ISFL Community. He has designed new field layouts and has also been a big hand in scouting new players that have been solid contributors. Recently, there was a contest for teams, where the winning team gets 50 million dollars to be able to use as bonuses and however else. We were behind as a team on figuring this out. Ice Bear took the bull by the horns and did probably 90% of the work on it to ensure that we had a solid submission. The results are still pending but it is things like this and him going above and beyond that lend me to think he deserves to be on a Mount Rushmore so early into his Honolulu career.

Person # 2: Sid
Sid is the general manager who has spear headed the change in Honolulu’s culture and fortune. Sid has had a role in bringing almost every current active player on to Honolulu’s roster, and has established a culture within the team that I am sure other teams wish to replicate. Many of his work seems to be under the radar, as mentioned previously, it seems like Honolulu in the past was an after thought, but without Sid and all of his work, we may still be. Sid is one of the best personalities on here and does a great job of bringing the team together and ensuring that everyone’s thoughts and ideas are heard team wide and in the war room. This season Sid has the Honolulu team in the playoffs after preseason predictions had us winning only around 6 games this season. We are a team on the rise and this would not be possible without Sid. Matter of fact, there is no Mount Rushmore in Honolulu if not for Sid and all the work he has done in my opinion.

Person # 3: Orbiting Death (Kai)
So I can not remember his actual user name but I know it is something like Orbiting Death. His player name is Cobra Kai, so I will just refer to him as Kai as I normally do in the locker room. Kai is one of the first of the team veterans that reached out after I was drafted. Kai pretty much leads our team in the graphics department and also is a solid funny voice for random content within the locker room. A big theme for this Mount Rushmore and the players I am putting on there is contribution to team culture and history. Kai is one of the special users who I feel like is pretty well known throughout the league and always keeps things fun in the locker room. His player on the field seems to score a touchdown every time he touches the ball, and he also has one of the funnest back stories in the league being Johnny Lawerence. Kai is one of the GOATs for sure and is an easy choice for recognition here.

Person #4 : Number 82
Number 82 is awesome. 82 does tons of behind the scenes work that allows the team to currently run and be successful. I could be completely wrong here, but it seems as if he leads all of our sim testing along with Sid and ensures each game we are going into it with the best percentage chance to win. As mentioned previously, Honolulu is a team on the up and up and we have over achieved in this current season and even last season. None of this would be possible without 82’s tireless work on the sim side of things. Additionally, I feel like 82 provides a moral compass to our locker room. 82 helps keep everyone focused and also is open and honest when someone is thinking of making mad decisions. Earning money is important for everyone, but especially new users, and I have personally had 82 talk me out of being dumb and gambling some of my money away. Additionally, anytime there is a build or TPE question, 82 is always there to provide important insight. 82 is another person who makes the wheel go around and I think their contribution to this team can not be over stated.

882 Words

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - KC15 - 10-18-2021

Tier 2

#10  A Short Biography of Your Player   +5 TPE

Tobias Worthington III grew up, like most professional athletes, playing every sport he could sign up for.  He enjoyed them all: baseball, basketball, soccer, and even a little hockey, but he always loved football best.  That’s probably because he was the best at that sport and we always love what we excel at, right?  The best athletes at the lower levels in baseball (some would say even at the highest level) always play SS and pitch. In football, they play QB.  So, Tobias played a lot of QB growing up. 

When he got to Choate Preparatory School, he was a two-way player.  The school just didn’t have enough players to field a separate offense and defense.  That’s when Tobias also began playing DE.  Tobias loved putting the hurt on opposing QBs almost as much as he liked evading oncoming DEs and throwing TDs.  Well, not really, but his desire to excel on the field made it look like he loved both positions equally.

When he was being recruited to Yale, the AD made it clear that Yale loved his play at QB, but that they already had a star at that position and they actually liked his play at DE even better.  Tobias was disappointed, but he wanted to go to Yale and he could have a full scholarship if he played DE and so he did.

Tobias got so accustomed to the position and he set so many records for the position that he just naturally declared for the draft as a DE.  He was getting a lot of buzz from the DSFL teams as many were looking for their next great DE, but as the draft drew closer Tobias had an epiphany.  How he declared for the draft was totally within his control.  He could take the path of least resistance – the safer path – and choose to have DSFL teams see him as a DE or he could make a run at his much-preferred position, QB.

Tobias did some soul searching.  He knew that the competition at QB was much stiffer than at DE.  He knew that he might have to split snaps in the DSFL and maybe even patrol the sideliens as a backup in the ISFL for a few seasons before he got his shot, but he made an important self-discovery.  Tobias may have played a great DE, but in his heart he was a QB.  He would rather play 30% of the snaps at QB than all of them at DE.

Therefore, Tobias switched his declaration, made sure all the GMs knew of his decision, and after some nerve-wracking days leading up to the draft, went with the last pick of the first round to the defending Ultimini champion Minnesota Grey Ducks.  Tobias is thrilled how it has turned out.  He has attained and surpassed his old ability at his favorite position and his Ducks are on pace to secure a playoff birth and contend for another mini.

S31 has been a very enjoyable season for Tobias Worthington III.

Code:
504 words

Tier 3

#17  New stadium for the Grey Ducks   +2.5 TPE

The Minnesota Grey Ducks are getting a new stadium!  Hooray!  Here’s what I think we need for a great fan experience.  First of all, clean sightlines throughout.  That’s a given, but make sure the pitch of the seating is just right so that you can see over the heads of those in front of you, but not feel like you are falling out of your seat and into the field.  Second, great food!  It may seem canabalistic, but let’s get some duck on the menu!  Maybe some duck confit salads and some drummies to keep it simple.  Not to forget the traditional favorites like brats and pretzels, but let’s make sure to get some different cuisines represented.  Hungarian goulash?  Polish hunter’s stew (bigos)?  Some pad thai?  Two more things are very duck themed: 1) We need a giant duck at the end of the home locker room tunnel and have the players come out of the huge open duck bill.  Duck quackers for the fans will ensure that as the team comes bursting out of the duck’s bill, they will be met with a thunderous chorus of quacks.  And finally, we need to get a fantastic recording of an entire flock of ducks quacking their hearts out and play that at high volume every time the Ducks score a TD.

Code:
220 words

#31  PBE Affiliate PT  +2.5 TPE

RE: (S31) Ultimus Week - Vulfzilla - 10-18-2021

7. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S32 class and later. In 400 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented? (5)

So far, my experience in the league this year has been extremely enjoyable.  When I originally signed up, back in season 21, I was really excited about the idea of this league, but just couldn't find the time or the organization to make it work. I ended up flaming out pretty quickly despite being a pretty high pick in the DSFL draft.  This season has been a totally different experience.  I obviously had a ton of questions in the main server because I wanted to get everything set up right this time around.  I found everyone extremely helpful in the server, and all the rookie mentor's were always willing to either help or find someone who could.  Thats not to say they weren't helpful back in S21, but for whatever reason, this time it stuck. 

One of the best parts this time has around has been getting drafted into the Minnesota Locker Room.  Everyone there is so awesome and it seems like it is a collection of some of the coolest people from around the entire ISFL. There are all sorts of GMs and great players, recreates, and newbies who are making it a very exciting place to be.  Its always got something going on, and best of all the GMs are always around to help with questions about build or tasks when I need them.  Icebear and Painted have done a really great job making the MN locker room a cool place to be in my humble opinion.

As far my player's season has gone, there has been a bit of an adjustment for him to playing CB I'd say.  Early in the season I was really getting bullied off the line, and quarterbacks seemed to be picking on me alot.  Despite the extra throws my way, it didn't seem to really pay off as far as making plays went.  However, all that changed against Kansas City in week 10. I think I had what some might consider the greatest single game defensive performance ever produced in this league.. 10 tackles, 3 Interceptions, 2 FF, and 1 FR. All of the picks were in the 2nd half and 2 of them were deep in our own territory with the Coyotes driving and the game on the line.  I could be mistaken but  I believe the FF/FR was late in the fourth with KC attempting to punch it in for the win.  In a season where our playoff lives will literally come down to 1 win, I am really proud at the performance I was able to have back then against a division rival to ensure the win.

WC: 439

27. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? What team do you think could use a refresh? Why? (2.5)

In my opinion, the team that has the best branding in the league is the Honolulu Hahalua.  First of all, the name is incredible. Its fun to say, its alliterative, and its clearly a super dope location and mascot.  Secondly the colors for the team are incredible.  Blue and yellow is honestly one of the top color combinations on the entire wheel.  The logo is really sick too and I love the mascot. All in all, this is some HIGH quality branding.

Now as far as who would I rebrand? This is a more difficult question, as there are a lot of really good logos/mascots around the league.  The one that sticks out to me as a little bland though would have to be the Baltimore Hawks. To me this name is just a big meh and the color scheme isn't my favorite.  I get that they're doing the bird thing like the Ravens and Orioles, but i dunno, it just seems like it could be reworked.  So here's my pitch. Whats the most famous thing to come out of Baltimore besides Edgar Allen Poe? The Wire.  So why not pick something from there? How about the Baltimore Bubbles (RIP) and the logo could be a crackhead pushing a shopping cart?  Not kid-friendly enough? How about the Baltimore Yellow Tops for the good stuff that Stringer was dishing up to the unwitting addicts in town? Or how about the Baltimore Lake Trout (no lake, no trout). You get the point, theres a ton of better options that Hawks. Lets make it happen!
WC: 263

22. You’re in charge of entertainment for the Ultimus or Ultimini half-time show. What would you do? (2.5)

Seeing as how this is a sim league and the players on the field are all kindof avatar-esque representatives of themselves, it seems like a good idea to make the entire show a hologram show.  So first I'd bring back a hologram of the funkiest dude and greatest NFL half-time performer of all time: Prince.  I heard that when the NFL people called Prince to tell him, "sorry its gonna be raining out there", his only response was "Can you make it rain harder?". That is the type of energy we need for this half-time show.  After Hologram Prince finishes his set, I'd bring out that weird hologram Japanese singer that isn't even a real person. They literally only exist as a hologram. I can't remember her name and I'm too lazy to google it, but I'm sure you could figure it out with a quick search.  After her (is it still a her if its technically just made of light?) set was finished, I'd bring out a East Coast/West Coast reunion with a hologram Biggie/Tupac set. Each of them would be wearing a jersey of the opposing team in the championship but then during their last song they'd take off their jerseys to reveal matching hologram t-shirts that say "STOP" on Biggie's and "HATE" on Pac's.  After this display of brotherly affection, Prince and Hologram girl would join Biggie and Pac for a rousing rendition of "Why can't we be friends" by War. Then what the hell, since its all holos and the budget is unlimited, why not have the actual holograms of the band War come out for the encore.  If they're not dead yet, we can just kill them real quick before the show.

Oh and last but not least, let's throw in the Shakira/J Lo butt shaking compilation in hologram form, and like let that go on for like idk 24 straight hours.

Back to the game!!
WC: 324