International Simulation Football League
UW Task DO NOT PAY OUT - PHILLY IS THE BEST - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: UW Task DO NOT PAY OUT - PHILLY IS THE BEST (/showthread.php?tid=35624)

UW Task DO NOT PAY OUT - PHILLY IS THE BEST - xtitanxmvpx - 10-20-2021

5 point option (Write up #1 576 words)

News spread quickly that I had dropped my mutual option, but I just wanted to officially put it out there that I am in fact re-signing with the Philadelphia Liberty on a lifetime contract. I appreciate all those that had reached out to me and expressed interest in trying to sway me to sign, but in the end Philly is just the place for Walls and there are a lot of reasons for that. I'd like to go into a few of those reasons here.

#1: My biggest factor for re-signing in Philly for an extended contract is the General Managers that run this team. Many of you know Pat and Cody, but I cannot express the amount of positivity and support that they have provided for me. Beyond that they have given me friendship that I just can't let go of. These two guys have brought a team back from the brink of collapse to now being competitive even in seasons in which our record doesn't show it. Pat is a incredible guy who truly wants the best for those people on the team. I've met him in person and in the first meeting it really felt like we were friends and comfortable hanging out together (even if it was just for a beer). Cody and I have also met in person and again I felt a sense of someone who truly gives a shit about a person who plays on a sim league football (that honestly means nothing in the grand scheme of things *shock*). We had great conversations and shared with one another and as much as I believe that is something more than just himself, or Pat would offer I know what I'm getting with these guys and its all heart and support. As long as Cody and Pat remain at the helm of the Liberty, i will be smacking quarterbacks and pummeling runningbacks for them.

#2: I have gotten the golden opportunity to play with the friends that I came into the league with and we have something promising for seasons to come. We have a legit chance to be a dominant defense in the coming seasons and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I put a lot of effort into this league and I value what it has given me in return from all angles, but I honestly value the Roman twins above all else. Amulos and Vaelynn are two of my greatest friends and doing this with them makes it even more enjoyable.

#3: The next thing that makes this the easiest decision in the world is the fact that this locker room is full of people who truly respect one another. From Luciddreams to newly acquired Woelkers, to leaders like Jimmy, Joey, and Negs, everyone here is a leader, a friend, and a support. The one thing I know in our locker room is that toxic behavior is not tolerated (although we joke around a lot with each). If someone is struggling in life outside of this sim world, you can bet your ass that someone on this team is lending an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. Honestly, I never expected to be blessed with such a supportive team to be on for my first career player.

I look forward to future endeavors with other teams when the time comes, but for now I bleed the Gold, Red, Blue, and White of Liberty and Freedom.

5 Point Option (Write Up #2 442 words)

Every season there are people who get over looked and every season people get discouraged for not being recognized. I wanted to take this chance to talk about someone who means a lot to me in the realm of the ISFL and as a friendo and that's Hordle. Hordle has been a lock down part of this roster for the Liberty since the season I was drafted. Year in and year out he has gotten overlooked on his performances as a top offensive lineman. This is the year that I truly believe he deserves the recognition of being termed the Best in the League at his position.

Hordle has been a leader off the field and was even my GM in Portland for a short period. He has brought in new players. He's taken others under his wing, and more importantly he has been approachable to anyone who has a question or comment in our locker room. The sim definitely could use more users, friends, and players like him.

With a stat line of 136 pancakes through 16 games and repeated placement among the top performers the last few seasons, I think this is the year he gets the Offensive Lineman of the Year accolade. His player, Alexander Franklin, has held down the Philly line as a lone lineman above 500 tpe and he has done it without hesitation. When teams go out looking for players who can lead and perform, Franklin is the type of player they want.

I love this man and will always want the best for him, so I implore you, award's committee....vote Franklin. He deserves the respect.

Another user deserving of an award is Joey. Joey slipped down to playing nickelback for us this year without a gripe and turned in one of the most clutch seasons in recent history for a player in the Philly secondary. Moreso, I wanted to add how positive and supportive Joey is in the locker room. In seasons past, you likely have heard me brag about Jimmy and Negs and how great of leaders they have been, but Joey is right up there with them. They have developed this team into a place that anyone is accepted and supported while being respectful and courteous themselves. Joey might not have put up the highest tackle numbers, or sacks, or interceptions, but he scored 2 touchdowns on the season that decided games for the team. Performance of the year seems to be an almost set in stone award for Matt Cross and I look forward to seeing Joey finish off his career with our daunting defensive unit in Philly. Love ya Joe.

RE: UW Task DO NOT PAY OUT - PHILLY IS THE BEST - Cody - 10-20-2021

Love you Titan let's ring that bell to a championship ?

RE: UW Task DO NOT PAY OUT - PHILLY IS THE BEST - Pat - 10-20-2021

Should have titled this:
One easy trick to make a grown man cry while standing in his kitchen