International Simulation Football League
*Closing Down the Pancake House. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Closing Down the Pancake House. (/showthread.php?tid=35721)

*Closing Down the Pancake House. - TMosura - 10-26-2021

Y'know, I never thought that I would've made this media piece as early as it is. Yes, if you haven't caught on, I'm retiring Adyan. Retiring a relatively decent offensive lineman with a good amount of TPE after their career peak and due for their first regression season seems suspicious and deliberate - and while it can be attributed to that, the reason is much simpler than expected. I got burnt out; I have gone through several issues in real life, and I've abandoned Adyan's own development for the past few seasons as a result. While I could say that I don't want Adyan to suffer from my inactivity or whatever, I wanted to take the opportunity to create a fresh slate for myself, and whoever I'm going to create in future seasons.

For Adyan himself, while he toured around the DSFL and ISFL with only two teams under his belt, the experience and memories he has gotten himself for is worth remembering. Blocking for a bonafide MVP in Ramza @Blasoon and that potent Seawolves offense during my first season in the DSFL, and blocking not just for Kaepercolin @Highhaschdi but also Zaylren @"Laser" while creating a new culture in Berlin won't be easy to forgot. 1 trip each to both the Ultimus and Ultimini. Multiple Pro Bowl appearances. While we never won any of them, me and Adyan cherished every single highs and lows that lead to not just those seasons, but every seasons Adyan played until now.

To all current and future Seawolves and Fire Salamanders - rock on. You have a great future ahead of you, and our recent performances show that you all are stars, and I can't wait to see where you'll take the franchise to new heights.

To @negs - Best co-GM ever, for a Grey Duck. You've taken the gamble and rode the painful waves alongside me during our first few seasons, and I'm sorry that I've abandoned my post late into my GM foray. I know you'll serve not just as a great leader, but also as a great mentor.

To @g2019 - You're doing absolutely great. I knew that passing the mantle on you was the right choice. You've shown the excitement and the spirit that the Seawolves haven't seen in a while - and I'm seeing brighter future for all of you.

To @Dewalt27 and High - Thank you for giving me a chance. Thank you for letting me help create and mold Berlin to what it is today. Thank you for drafting me.

To Blasoon, @J0EB, @IsaStarcrossed, and @SchwarzNarr - Thank you. For everything. Drafting me into the league, mentoring me, being the overshadowing figure that honestly, guided me to where I am now. From my lowest lows, to my highest high. Thank you.

To @LancedJack, @ConnorM123, and @Jimi64 - Season 24 was magical. Us 4 clicked so well together right from the Prospect Bowl, and the fact that where are we now as both persons and players - I think different teams meant nothing to what we've build.

So what now? Well, I'm gonna take a break. A season's worth of break. God knows I need it. I'll still be around in the WFC as the APAC Federation Head, and with me just launching Perth's Ultimus Bid, the sky is the limit for me in the ISFL.

Always a Fire Salamander.
Forever a Seawolves.

BER NOR

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - Blasoon - 10-26-2021

I hope you enjoy your break, man. You were really an honour to have on the team.

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - LancedJack - 10-26-2021

If you and Blas have orchestrated this on the same day to drive me into an early grave it's working!

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - negs - 10-26-2021

Tmo the goat gm what a career!

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - SchwarzNarr - 10-26-2021

I'm very sad to see you retire, but I know that you've done so much for Norfolk and Berlin and I really hope you enjoy your rest.

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - Jimi64 - 10-27-2021

I love you man

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - J0EB - 10-27-2021

Tmo, drafting you to Norfolk is something I'm incredibly proud of. You were the perfect fit in our culture and I'm so happy that I got to get to know you. You definitely deserve a nice break. Love ya man!

RE: Closing Down the Pancake House. - ConnorM123 - 11-02-2021

All the best Tmo! An absolute joy to have spent our first ever seasons in this league together. Enjoy your well deserved break NOR