International Simulation Football League
*Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=35725)

*Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - Vulfzilla - 10-26-2021

Hey whats up I'm here and ready for your questions! Please feel free to ask me about my first DSFL season now in the books, the upcoming ISFL draft, my future in the league, or anything really!

-Modern Nazgul /// CB /// Minnesota Grey Ducks

How did your first season compare to your expectations?-@RussDrivesTheBus

I had a pretty decent expectation that I wasn't going to take the world by storm as I was a rookie without a lot of TPE, and thats pretty much exactly what happened for the majority of the season.  I ended up getting a little bit picked on each game, but because I boosted my speed so early I never really got burned for long TDs too badly. In addition, it really helped get those tackle numbers up.  I did however have, what I feel was, probably the defensive performance of the season in week 10 against Kansas City.  You can see the official stat line in my sig, but double digit tackles, 3 picks, 2 Forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovered, all which were VERY necessary in a very close and hardfought win, absolutely exceeded the expectations of what I thought my player would be able to do.  I don't anticipate ever again having a game like that, which is kindof a bummer, but it was obviously the best part of my inaugural season in the league. 

Best part of the league so far? @IceBear32

For me the best part has been watching the streams with the locker room.  I love all the reactions to each play and all the pings, its like a giant party...except when we lose which is lame.  In addition to that I would say the draft process, both being drafted into the DSFL, being a War Room member for the upcoming DSFL draft, and also the scouting process so far for the ISFL draft has been really enjoyable.  I love the process of checking in with players or different teams and trying to probe with the right questions to figure out who will be a fit or not. Its really challenging but really rewarding when the players and Locker Room are a match.

Biggest challenge of league?

I'd say the biggest challenge for me has just been finding the patience to deal with the slow burn of growing your prospect.  Its like a video game where the grind takes a long time, and you can see the things others are doing that look like so much fun but you're just not able to do them yet and there really are no shortcuts.  I think it'll make it that much sweeter when I do get up there with the big dogs, but for now its just a lot of refreshing the PT page hoping for something new I earn a few TPE for doing.  I've turned into a TPE fiend and I'm like that one Dave Chappelle cracked out character (Tyrone?) "ya'll got anymore of those TPE??"

Where do you expect to land in the draft?

It's difficult to know the answer to that. I've talked with a lot of really great teams, and obviously being a Grey Duck I have a lot of great connections all over the league due to their wide alumni network that is all over the ISFL. At the end of the day I think need is going to be the most important thing (Although I'd argue that in most cases it really isn't as big of a deal as it should be at the ISFL level.), and so obviously you have to look at those teams who are in need of a CB as I've made it pretty clear I don't really envision switching positions unless absolutely necessary.  So based on that, Chicago, Yellowknife, and maybe San Jose seem like possible destinations? But that doesn't really apply to the scouting conversations I had with any of them or any other team.  I think at this point I'd prefer not to really take a guess because I don't wanna jinx myself or make myself look stupid like someone really wants me and then I fall like Aaron Rodgers come draft day.

Where are your top 3 teams based on scouting?

I had some really great conversations with a LOT of different teams. Based on that and some duck connections I'd say Honolulu, San Jose, and maybe even Chicago would be places I wouldn't mind ending up. Although I will say I wouldn't mind a Chicago rebrand if I end up there. I like the name and love the meatpacking reference, but I'm gonna be honest the blood makes me feel kinda queesy, and the last place I'd want to be queesy is on a football field while trying to lock down a 1000 TPE receiver.

What food would still taste great if it was the complete opposite temperature of its intended consumption. Example: Hot Chocolate turns into Ice Cream

Honestly, your example sounds pretty awesome. I kindof like the reverse of that to be honest. A hot soup that tastes like vanilla ice cream to eat on a cold day.  I'm not sure why but that sounds pretty awesome haha.

Do you see yourself winning awards in this league? @"ShnarlyDude"

I definitely think I have a shot, and am perhaps the front runner for defensive performance of the year based on that week 10 game against KC. I'm sure people are tired of me talking about it, but like David Tyree and the helmet catch, I plan on riding that gravy train out for as long as I possibly can... pun intended.  As far as the others I'm nominated for (CB of the year and defensive rookie of the year), I'll be honest I haven't looked too closely at other people's stats.  So let me go do that... Okay I'm back so on the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, I think its going to be really tough to beat Fantobens who ended the season with what I believe to be a league leading 15 sacks.  That was an insane year.  For the CB of the year award I think its a 2 horse race between myself and Tessie from KCC, I had the edge in tackles, passes defended, FFs and FRs, but they double my INT output and also had a TD. Its pretty close but I think the 6 INTs will edge me out ever so slightly.

What is your favorite type of gravy?

I'm a white country gravy type of guy. Throw that on a little chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and I'm in heaven.

WHY DO YOU WANT SO MANY QUESTIONS?! @Painted

More questions, more answers, more words, more money, more problems. EZ

What team has reached out to you the most?

The teams I've probably talked to the most are Honolulu, San Jose, and maybe Philadelphia although its been a little while since I've heard from them. All of these teams are pretty cool and a lot of the convos have actually been initiated by myself. So I definitely wouldn't mind ending up in any of these spots.

Which team do YOU think is your landing spot? Which team is your first choice if YOU had to draft the team?

I really liked Honolulu even before they won the Ultimus. Great branding, great colors, great team. I'm not sure if I'll be a first rounder but I'm guessing a team with a CB need might take me there (maybe?) and since they don't have a 1st rounder I'm guessing it probably won't end up being them.  If I had to put money on it, I might say San Jose just cause they've kinda been in touch the most over the last week.  If I slip to the 2nd round I could see Honolulu or maybe even Colorado being a landing spot (even though they haven't reached out much at all).  Another possibility is Chicago, as I think they'll need another lockdown guy in a couple seasons. I heard this Tim guy is really getting old.

Does your back hurt? It should cause you'll be carrying our defense next season lol
You know what? My back DOES hurt. But not from carrying the team, it hurts because of this monkey on my back. He's a big ol gorilla and he won't get off. Maybe next year I can finally win a championship, and I'll be able to set him free. Goodbye sweet monkey. I love you.  Or maybe instead of letting him go, I could train him to steal people's watches and jewelry like in the acclaimed 1994 hit, "Monkey Trouble". 

When are you going to do a player name ranking media like you did in the WSBL? @Pat
If there is a double media thing that sounds like a great idea for either the DSFL draft or the ISFL draft.  I enjoy doing those becuaase I don't really know enough about all theplayers and the league to be able to honestly and accurately grade an actual draft.  Plus thats a lot of work.  But my favorite part of any of these sim leagues or just fake sports in general is all the ridiculous names people come up with and after naming Idk like 20 differnet players through differnet sim games and discord/reddit games, I tend to think of myself as kindof an expert. So all that to say: yes. I will do it. I make you that vow.

Now that your first full season is completed, is there anything you would change around to make things easier or more fun for new users?
Not that I can really think of. Everyone was pretty good about helping before I got drafted and once I got into the clubhouse it was awesome.  I do wish there were some special considerations made for people with regards to having already done rookie tasks and such.  I ended up missing out on a bunch of things because I had technically created a long time ago, even though I had never actually been around during an actual season haha. I guess the flip side is that I was able to start off my new career with a lot more money than most rookies.

When your player starts entering regression, may I suggest a name change to Post-Modern Nazgul?

Ooh this is a really good one.  I probably won't ever change my player's name during their career, but it is definitely a good idea for a recreate.  Although me being me, I do already have a google doc with potential names for my next player... Btw if anyone is in need of name help I'd offer my services much like a graphic artist does.  I have name tiers and could offer them to you discreetly for a price, depending on the tier. Let me know if you're interested people!!

RE: Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - RussDrivesTheBus - 10-26-2021

How did your first season compare to your expectations?

RE: Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - IceBear32 - 10-26-2021

Best part of the league so far? 

Biggest challenge of league? 

Where do you expect to land in the draft? 

Where are your top X teams based on scouting? 

What food would still taste great if it was the complete opposite temperature of its intended consumption. Example: Hot Chocolate turns into Ice Cream

RE: Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - Cody - 10-26-2021

Do you see yourself winning awards in this league?

What is your favorite type of gravy?

RE: Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - Painted - 10-26-2021

WHY DO YOU WANT SO MANY QUESTIONS?!

What team has reached out to you the most?

Which team do YOU think is your landing spot? Which team is your first choice if YOU had to draft the team?

Does your back hurt? It should cause you'll be carrying our defense next season lol

RE: Modern Nazgul CB /// Pre-Draft Presser - Pat - 10-26-2021

When are you going to do a player name ranking media like you did in the WSBL?

Now that your first full season is completed, is there anything you would change around to make things easier or more fun for new users?

When your player starts entering regression, may I suggest a name change to Post-Modern Nazgul?