International Simulation Football League
*Week 6 DSFL Twitter Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 6 DSFL Twitter Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=35742)

*Week 6 DSFL Twitter Power Rankings - Patey - 10-27-2021

The past week of the DSFL has been a crazy one with the new champion of the DSFL coming to light and the season wrapping up and heading into the offseason. There have been a lot of tears, a lot of smiles but most certainly a lot of salt I’m sure coming from the locker rooms. We are now back on schedule after my last article was a 3 week hiatus to see how all the teams laid themselves out after a long last week of the season.

The week will be based on the ISFL/DSFL S31 schedule as laid out on the website. This week will be identifying the teams twitter pages from October 18th (Start of ISFL Week 6) - October 24th  (End of ISFL/DSFL season).

Coming in the 8th spot we have…

The Kansas City Coyotes
RANK CHANGE - None
Retweets - 0
Gifs/tweets - 0
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 0
Trash talk in the tweet for bonus - 0

Now I know what you’re all thinking, you said that you would potentially take this team out of the rankings permanently at the start of the season and I am still reading about them in the last rankings of the season. We’ll I may have a little inside information that this team may have a new person at the helm for this account. Now I am not sure who this person is but they have almost no pressure on them to be near the top of the power rankings since the last person was non-existent. Moving into the off season where the ranks will reset, I’m interested to see if this new person truly takes over the helm and how active they will be. Will they be able to contest with some of the other teams in the bottom half of the ranks or will they be a go-getter and challenge the top dogs of the rankings.

For the last week of the season, the Coyotes finished in the rankings in dead last with 0 tweets per day…wait 0 tweets per season and will hopefully look to bounce back next season starting Monday November 8th.

Coming in the 7th spot we have…

London Royals
RANK CHANGE - None
Retweets - 0
Gifs/tweets - 0
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 0

At the start of the season in my first rankings. I had mentioned to see if this team would go quiet once their season came to an end. Well here's my time to say I told you so because this team went absolutely radio silent for the last week of the season. We all know that this Royals team may not be the best on the field but their strong start to the twitter season really gave me hope only to just knock it down each week like they did with their fans.

With the rebuild hopefully coming to a close soon after spending the last three seasons in last place of the North division, we are hoping to see the team start stepping it up on the field. If this is the case we should be able to analyze to see if their play on the field has any correlation to how active twitter will stay.

Over the past week, this team has managed to go back down to 0 tweets per day for the week, down in Coyotes territory which is somewhere you do not want to be in these rankings. After the last week of the season, the Royals finish the S31 twitter ranks in 7th place after having another abysmal season on the platform.

Coming in the 6th spot we have…

Norfolk Seawolves
RANK CHANGE  (-3)
Retweets - 0
Tweets - 0
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 0   

Well if this is not one of the biggest shocks of the rankings heading into the final week I do not know what it is. After I generously gave my hometown team a third place finish in the rankings after a somewhat shaky couple weeks, they head down three spots down to the 6th spot of the rankings. Now 3 spots seems like a pretty far drop in a total season ranking after one week but to me it is not since teams 3-7 were pretty much in lock step this entire season, and saying they have dropped the ball is an understatement.

After a fantastic regular season from the Seawolves, it came down in a crushing OT defeat to the Birddogs in the conference championship game losing 34-31 on October 20th. Now you’d think that the last time the Seawolves may have tweeted was before that game, nope. The last time this team tweeted was during the regular season right before they tried to lock up a playoff spot. I know this team was crushed after the season had ended so I’m not shocked that they took the Royal route when they decided to do a disappearing act after a tough ending to the season.

Over the past week, Norfolk has done exactly what the 2 teams below them have done this week in the rankings and not tweeted whatsoever making there total tweets per day 0. I figured my end of the season ranking would be more difficult with the end of the season hype but apparently they said we’ll make it easier and tweet nothing.

After the final week of the season, this team finishes in 6th after a disappointing final week. Heading into the next season, this team has a little bit of a surprise and you may see them wanting to try and compete for the top spot of the rankings, stay tuned…

Coming in the 5th spot we have…

Tijuana Luchadores
RANK CHANGE - (+1)
Retweets - 0
Gifs/tweets - 2
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 2 

At the start of the week, if you told me the Luchadores would move up a spot in the rankings, I would have told you that they were crazy but after a crazy finish from the Seawolves, the Luchadores moved up a spot only tweeting 2 times this week.

After a tough finish to the season just being edged out in the final game by their division rivals Seawolves, they did manage to stick around and comment about the final game of the season and about playoffs even though they may have not been involved in it.

I really do not have much to say about this team since they stayed pretty active on twitter tweeting every few days throughout the entire season and never really going radio silent which is why they managed to get just below the top part of the rankings. I commented all season about this being one of the most boring twitter teams and I’m still going to stick by that as their entire Twitter timeline is virtually all one liners.

Moving into next season, if they can spice up some of the tweets that they are putting out while also keeping up the consistency just a little bit, I can not see why they could not be in the top half of the rankings.

In the final week of the season, Tijuana finished the week with 0.29 tweets per day which is one of their worst during the season but they managed to float above water for the season finishing 5th in the total season ranking.

Coming in the 4th spot we have...

Dallas Birddogs
RANK CHANGE - (+1)
Retweets - 5
Gifs/tweets - 2
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 7 

After a fabulous finish to the playoffs for the Birddogs winning it all, I have to say that this could have been the easiest and freest trip to near the top of the ranks that they pretty much chose not to grab in my opinion. When looking to post on Twitter, one of the hardest things to do is come up with original content but when you are the champion, there is so much free content in that alone that they did not use except stating they were the champions and sending out a few retweets.

I’m not sure if that is out of laziness or maybe lack of excitement but let’s see some emotion from a team that just won it all. Most players beg to win it all and never get a chance and this is all you can give? Cmon.

In the final week of the season, Dallas finished the week with 8 tweets total which gives them an average of 1.14 tweets per day. With 3-4 of those tweets coming in the span of 2 days and not much consistency, they falter a bit and don’t gain as much points from me. As the season comes to an end the Birddogs finish the ranks in the top half at 4th but could be a few spots higher if they add some more substance to their own tweets. I somewhat liked the amount of retweets I saw throughout the season but I could definitely be seeing more from the champions.

Coming in the 3rd spot we have…

Portland Pythons
RANK CHANGE - (+1)
Retweets - 1
Gifs/tweets - 5
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 6

After a somewhat better than average finish from the Pythons to end the season, I’m more than positive they will not be happy they finished behind the Bucs after finishing with 0.86 tweets per day this week. After the end of last season's ranking they finished in the number 2 spot so this is an overall negative year for them finishing in 3rd.

Although I did think the Pythons did showcase a great Twitter week which brought them up 1 spot to number 3, it wasn’t enough to make that final push to the top 2.

Looking at some of their tweets, they show the teams in the lower half of the ranks what they should be doing by congratulating the champs and also using more than one line in a tweet.

Moving into the next season, the Pythons will be looking for revenge in the North division and I’m sure they will be showcasing it on their page and I can not wait to see it. Something I would like to see from this team next season is adding something new to the timeline and definitely adding more retweets, this will for sure help you climb back to the number 2 spot or maybe even the number 1 spot with a little more consistency.

Coming in the number two spot we have…

Bondi Beach Buccaneers
RANK CHANGE - None
Retweets - 0
Tweets - 4
Quotes - 0
Combined total - 4  0.57

Even though the top of the ranks are super close and the Bucs did not tweet much, they have put themselves in a great spot to end the season. Even though they only tweeted 4 times for a total of 0.57 tweets per day this past week, I believe they have done enough growing over the season to stick to this spot even if some of the teams below them had a stronger final week of the season.

To be honest this team is getting the Seawolf treatment from last week and getting a bump in my ranks based on opinion edging out the Birddogs and Pythons. It also somewhat had to do with the nice tweet they put out thanking their GM after his tenure. Although I do not know this person, their organization seems like a decent one just by tweeting that out since most would not from what I’ve seen.

After the hot start throughout the season, they did die down though after the team was once again eliminated out of the playoffs. Heading into the next season, I may not give these guys a bump based on opinion and they need to ensure that they stick to the consistency they were somewhat giving throughout the season.

Coming in the number one spot and your quack to quack, I mean back to back end of season Twitter rank champs…

Minnesota Grey Ducks

RANK CHANGE - None
Retweets - 1
Gifs/tweets - 6
Quotes - 1
Combined total - 8

Coming in the top spot for the final week of the season, the grey ducks actually took a bit of a fall in how impressed I was of them compared to the past 3 weeks. They do still continue to show the league that they will always be a force on Twitter but when the team was not performing, they seemed to go away a bit. I know the end of the season does sometimes get a little quiet as some people want to take a break during the off season so I guess I can understand somewhat of a dip in production.

When their season came to an end in the conference championships, I know it was probably not easy for them so they just had joined in on the disappearing act with some of the other teams on this list. I’m definitely not super happy this happened…

Heading into next year, this team is looking to go for their 4th straight North division championship in a row and I would not be surprised if they tried to go for their 2nd straight twitter rankings title since the difference between first and second to end the season was not even close. If this team tweeted 0 times in this past week, I still would have given them the top spot since they separated themselves so much in the first 5 weeks of the season.

Moving into the next season, I’m interested to see if this team will be able to continue the amount of tweets and trash talk they had throughout this year and I’m looking to see if they are able to come up with any new ideas to put up on their timeline and show the other teams how to perform.

In the final week of the season, the grey ducks tweeted 8 times for an average of 1.14 tweets per day which is not the worst they have had but certainly not the best but still does top the average of the week beating out the champions of the DSFL. They finish the season in the number one spot.

Week 6 Conclusion

After looking through all the twitter pages in week 6, I am shocked as to what I have seen from some of the teams. Some teams went radio silent, some teams at the top also decided to tweet less. Moving into S32, I wonder if we will find any patterns for the end of season rankings when teams start to fizzle out at the end of the season moving into the off season.

To end it all off, I want to congratulate the Grey Ducks on their end of season ranks since they more than deserved it. If I was good at graphics which I’m not, I would make them some sort of trophy. Maybe they can make one up for themselves and send it to me so I can show it off on the off season ranks…

As we move into the next season, you will hear from me again at the end of the off season for those rankings. Then we will be heading fresh into the start of our S32 ranks for all teams starting after the first week of the season which starts November 7th. I’m looking to see how my rankings can be tweaked and how to evaluate some sort of scorecard but for now it will just continue to be based on what I see at face value.

Thank you to all who took time to read these throughout the season and if you have any feedback, do not forget to add that in the comments for me.

Words - 2675