International Simulation Football League
(S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread (/showthread.php?tid=35758)

Pages: 1 2

(S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - siddhus - 10-27-2021

S32 Late Joiner TPE Thread
This season will see the introduction of late-joiner TPE. A system in place to help users that create their player after Ultimus, catch up on TPE missed during the Season. How this will work is, there will be 6 prompts, 1 for each week post-Ultimus. Which will each be worth 7 TPE and you must write at least 50 words per prompt. The amount of prompts that you are allowed to complete will correspond with the week of your player's creation. This is only open for players entering the Season 33 ISFL Draft.

To get this graded, a PPT Team Member will go through and edit your post, either approving or denying it, and once that has happened, you may link it to your update thread for the appropiate amount of TPE. There is no partial TPE for a prompt, so you must reach the minimum word count to get the 7 TPE for that week.

Prompts:
- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcomong draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

In your response, make sure to include your player page to confirm when you created your player.

Week 1: 10/25 - 10/31 - Eligible for 7 TPE (1 Prompt)
Week 2: 11/01 - 11/07 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts)
Week 3: 11/08 - 11/14 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)
Week 4: 11/15 - 11/21 - Eligible for 28 TPE (4 Prompts)
Week 5: 11/22 - 11/28 - Eligible for 35 TPE (5 Prompts)
Week 6: 11/29 - 12/05 - Eligible for 42 TPE (6 Prompts)

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - CementHands - 10-28-2021

Prompt: Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

My player’s name Raphael McTurtle came from quite a ling time of planning. My good IRL buddy @KaleSalad and I have been talking about him creating and we thought a fun idea would be to create together, both in similar positions (I’m DT and he’s DE) and we could have similar names, either fictional brothers or something the like.
We settled on the Ninja Turtles, added a Mc in front because it’s fun, and we look forward to turtles dominating the league these next few seasons.

Raphael McTurtle

@CementHands  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Pat - 10-29-2021

Marciano Player Page - Created 10/28/2021

Prompt: Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

Christian, the "Mad Dog" Marciano was the name of a randomly-generated Quarterback I had on my team in a Madden 20 franchise I was playing online with Cody a couple of years back. Marciano was the star of my Jacksonville Jaguars franchise, as he not only took the Jags to 4 Super Bowls (winning 1) but he also took home a league-record five MVP trophies in his career. I figured if I'm going to have a namesake for a Quarterback it might as well be him!

@Pat  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - mrmcgibblets28 - 10-30-2021

Prompt:  Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

I don't know how many people have seen the League but the Mr. McGibblets bit kills me everytime. For those of you who haven't seen the show it follows a bunch of middle-aged guys competing in fantasy football. This reference is when Taco dresses up as a doll of one of the other character's kid. The dad (Kevin) hates this toy and wants to get his daughter to stop playing with it, so he has Taco dress up like the doll in a fur suit and scare her. It doesn't work - she's just happy to see Mr. McGibblets, but Taco's delivery in the suit kills me. Especially the meat clever.

My player page

@mrmcgibblets28  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Faded - 10-31-2021

Able Archer Player Page

Prompt: Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

I am a pretty big history nerd, and I know a good bit about what happened during the Cold War. One of the most pivotal moments was when NATO participated in an exercise called "Able Archer" where they enacted a war game scenario simulating a nuclear war event. I thought the name was pretty neat, and therefore I chose it to be name.

@Faded  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - TubbyTim69 - 11-01-2021

Prompt - Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

As a kid growing up I always used "King" in the name of whatever character. Playing WWE Games I used Psychotic King, NHL Games and in SHL I used Maxwell King. With the Name "King" it's quite clear on what you expect the character to be. Using the "king" persona opens multiple doors in choosing the characteristics my player is going to be.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=35930

@TubbyTim69  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP. As an additional note as you created on November 1st, you are allowed to do one more prompt, make another post in this thread if you decide to do that.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Bubba - 11-06-2021

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=35777&pid=530928#pid530928

Prompt - - What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

My favorite part of the league so far has just been the community. Its a chill and awesome community I had a good amount of welcomes and  just whenever i need help someone will always be there. and for the users i would everyone not just one person. but other than that i just cant wait for the season to start

@Bubba  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Briedaqueduc - 11-10-2021

Week 3: 11/08 - 11/14 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

1. The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

My favorite has to be the Orange County Otters. I have always been a big fan of otters personally, they are easily in my top 5 of favorite animals. I also like the colors they decided to go with. I don't really dislike any of the brandings, maybe the one I like the less is the Yellowknife Wraiths, not a huge fan of the logo and I don't really understand the choice of putting a team in Yellowknife over anywhere else in Canada.

83 words

2. Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

It all started because of one of my good friends, Rotticus Scott. He has a weird brain and says odd things sometimes. One time he was trying to say Paul Kariya, the hockey player, and said Paul Koivu instead. Then when we asked him about the Koivu brothers (real hockey players btw), he said some random names like Binko and Sinko Koivu. So since, when I need a random name, I just ask him for a first name for a Koivu. Today I asked him and he said Molki, so therefore, my player name is Molki Koivu

97 words

3. Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

The number doesn't really mean all that much to me. With my experience in sim leagues, I know that having the same number as your render makes it easier to do any sort of graphics like signatures or cards. That's what I accidentally did with my last player and it ended up being pretty convenient so that's what I'm doing again.

61 words

Player Page

@Briedaqueduc  APPROVED. You may claim this for 21 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - sarah - 11-12-2021

double doink - player page

"As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?"

well for a forum user and someone who has used the PBE forums, yeah I find this far more intuitive. I quite like the design of this thing.

one of the things that threw me off when i joined was the player builder tool. being used to PBE tools like updater/creator, i thought that was where i build players and i dont get things there. never figured out you could just do it in player creation forum.

-----

"The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?"

fan of the fact that theres a yellowknife team. london royals is also pretty cool, uses a significant part of their city brand to build their team around.

more problem with team brandings however, when the hell was there ever silverbacks in new york. as the gm of a chicago based pbe team the only thing chicago butchers is its pizza. i hate deep dish

-----

"Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it"

i am sadly a browns fan and a cody parkey appreciator. well, not really appreciated, he sucked. however, the whole double doink thing is really funny. theres also too many chicago people that i know and the existence of the bears in general baffles me. i could either come up with something even stupider or a name that's super fitting for a kicker, and i went with the latter.

@sarah  APPROVED. You may claim this for 21 TP.

RE: (S32) Late Joiner TPE Thread - Will3 - 11-15-2021

Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcomong draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

Dear, GM:
 My name is William Groves I am a prospect currently looking for a DSFL team. Perhaps you know of me from my time in the PBE or the WSBL. Or perhaps you have heard of me from the many other sim leagues I play in. Regardless of whether or not you know of me, know that I have come here to see what I am capable of. I am going to put effort in my player. I may not always be a max earner, but I promise to be close to me. I am also loyal and teachable. And I am very active on Discord. I will be the player you need me to be. 

Sincerely,
              Will3#7944

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36199 Player Page

@Will3  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP. I added in your player page for you, but please make sure to add it next time around. You are eligible for doing two more prompts as you created on November 14th. If you decide to do them, please make a new post in this thread.