International Simulation Football League
* Colorado Yeti Interview Part 2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Colorado Yeti Interview Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=3576)

* Colorado Yeti Interview Part 2 - TheMemeMaestro - 08-21-2017

Since my last interview article was so popular, I have decided to make a follow-up. This is Part 2 of Jeffrey Andrews, Yeti beat reporter Interviews. I was able to start with an interview from Jonathan Saint, a Linebacker who has been a key part of the defense. (Note: Some Interviews were taken at an earlier date, not all info may still be relevant)

JA: Thank you for joining me.

JS: It's no problem, glad to be here!

JA: Let's get started, you are a key part of one of the most dominant forces in the league, the best defense in the league, The Yeti Defense. What is it like to be a part of something so special?

JS: It's pretty cool actually. I love how every single one of us has the ability to take over a game in a instant. I get excited knowing that everytime we step on the field we instill fear into the opposing side.

JA: You are a very important part of that defense, as you were voted Linebacker of the year. What was it like to receive such an honor?

JS: It felt great to receive such an honor. When you're playing you don't really know the impact you are making, you just do your job. So to find out that people think you're the linebacker who has the biggest impact on a game is a very humbling experience. I just want to thank my teammates for making my job so easy.

JA: You were on the team last year when you guys made it to the Ultimus Cup, and were disappointed by a loss. How does that push you, and what are your expectations for this year?

JS: You know it's pushed me harder than ever before. I felt like I let my team down last year during that game. I have yet to miss a training session. I'm faster than I've ever been. I've been working on my footwork. My expectations is that we will be the regular season champions. Not only that but we will hoist up the Ultimus Trophy at the end of the season. The Yeti are new and improved and I can't wait to show the league.

My next interview came with Kendrick Hendrix, star Wide Receiver of the team. We were able to talk about many interesting topics, and was probably the most fun interview that I did.

JA: Thank you for joining me.

KH: Thank ya'll for having me

JA: Let's talk about the situation that has been surrounding you for a while now. You were in the middle of a vicious corporate battle for a sponsorship between Nike, Skechers and Puma. What lead to your decision to select Nike?

KH: Man, it was a crazy few weeks I'll tell you that. Got haters on twitter accusing me of leading Skechers and Puma on for the purpose of driving my market value with Nike. Of course those statements are false and I was definitely considering a signature Skecher cleat. At the end of the day, Nike just provided me the best position for long-term happiness for me, my mama, and my baby mama.
You can buy them at Nike.com exclusively. The Nike Hendrix Vapor signature series.

JA: Moving on to your play on the field, you have been very successful, and are one of the top Wide Receivers in the league. How have you become one of the top players in the league after being selected 46th in the inaugural NSFL draft?

KH: Appreciate that recognition, man. I just started putting in that work week after week, day after day. Luckily I got a great quarterback in Logan throwing to me and some great corners to sharpen my sword against in practice and training camps. Philippe and Hayden are two completely different corners who have their own style and expertise so we really drive competition between position groups. When I came in here to Colorado I was somewhat surprised by my draft position and grateful for the opportunity. I wasn't the flashiest guy comin out of Baylor in Garden's shadows, I had some trouble early on with figuring out the grind, but I stuck to it and our leaders in the locker room rewarded positive behavior with praise which motivated my work ethic and persistence.

JA: Of course, you made the Pro Bowl last year, What was it like to receive such an honor?

KH: It was a great honor and experience, man. I was lucky to have a lot of my teammates there, as well. I didn't have the best performance in the pro-bowl or score any touchdowns or anything like that, but I was a part of history and it felt great to be showcased among that kind of talent. The whole fam flew out and it was just an amazing time. It was pretty bittersweet because we had lost in the Ultimus cup, and then lost to some of those Outlaws players a few days later in the pro-bowl.
It was also pretty sweet being on the same pro-bowl team as my bro Kurt of the Hawks

JA: Now we need to get to a point of your career that was less fortunate. You were a part of the team that made the Ultimus Cup, but lost the game. How does that push you to improve your game, and what are your expectations for the team this year?

KH: Man, that was hard for me because I was a big part of the reason why we lost. I definitely didn't have the type of performance I wanted to have. Our offense failed to even score a point, all 6 points coming from our legendary kicker Bojo. It was tough being on the road in a hostile environment for such a hyped up game... not going to lie I was pretty nervous but after some sports-psychology I believe I have overcome that and looking forward, I will deliver for Colorado even in our big games. I gotta. That's what I get paid to do and I cannot let my team down in that situation ever again.

JA: And what about your expectations for this year?

KH: This year I expect to get back to the Ultimus cup and I expect to be a factor in my team's first championship. I don't care who our opponent is, I got the juice now and I ain't gonna fall off like Bishop did.

(Note: Interview Conducted August 8th 2017) JA: After 2 disappointing losses in a row how does the team bounce back?

KH: Ah yes, our first [and hopefully only] back to back losses of S2 were tough. We have to go out there and protect our house against the Sabercats, though. We can't let these past losses linger, we have to move ahead and worry about the next game. We put up good fights against Arizona and Philadelphia, we just need to play a complete game and we will be right back on track.

JA: Alright thanks for your time.

KH: Anytime brotha

Finally, I was able to speak with one of the Offensive Lineman of the team Antonio Sandoval. He seems to be frustrated with the lack of interest in him for the NSFL Season 3 draft, and being stuck in his brothers shadow. Things certainly got heated in this interview.

JA: Thanks for joining me.

AS: No problem.

JA: Let's start with talking about your struggles in finding a place in the Season 3 draft. Is that frustrating?

AS: It is frustrating. It has always been frustrating to sit back and watch my brother get all the rewards, all the accolades. He was the star, "The Best DT in the draft" He has been called. I was picked 25th in the prospect draft, 18 picks behind my brother. 18 PICKS! I am just as good a player as him. I have always been expected to sit back and let him be the star. I have always been the "quiet, soft spoken" one. I need to break out of the prison that he has held me in for so long. I have always loved him, and cared for him, but if need be, to get ahead in my career, I need to stab him in the back, I will do it in an instant. I have stood by his side through everything, and he doesn't give a damn about me. I need this more than he does. He has always had the personality of a star, the play of a star, the position of a star. Hell, we're twins and people say that he "looks more like a star" than I do. For years, I have just gone out and done what needed to be done on the field, but never got any recognition because of him. He has been holding me back for so long. I don't need him, I don't want him, I need him out of my life. I've learned that nice guys finish last, and that the only way to get ahead in this world is to be a cutthroat.

JA: OK... Moving on, H...

AS: No more questions.

That sure was an interesting one to say the least. On that note, I will be closing the chapter on Part 2 of these interviews. Thank you to all that have been interviewed.

Jeffrey Andrews
Colorado Yeti Beat Reporter

Graded
$2 169 000