International Simulation Football League
S31 Public Awards Ballots - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Department Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=493)
+----- Forum: Awards & Bowls (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=524)
+----- Thread: S31 Public Awards Ballots (/showthread.php?tid=35951)

S31 Public Awards Ballots - infinitempg - 11-01-2021

Congratulations to all the winners! View the ballots here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obdGgqRm6PNphEXemGlR28ZRad5qCKo1G3MuqCBKmP8/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Quick correction to a mistake I made on the Awards stream - the DSFL GM of the Year is awarded to BOTH Dallas and Norfolk!

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - Frostbite - 11-01-2021

Jacob Small not unanimous ?

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - zeagle1 - 11-01-2021

Thank you to everyone who voted for me! My ego will never be bigger than this!

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - bjkman - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 08:37 PM)Frostbite Wrote: Jacob Small not unanimous ?

the voter (who shall not be named but they are the first ballot)

didn’t put me 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

which is fishy.

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - TeyonSchavari - 11-02-2021

Imagine having an award that is meant to identify outstanding users in our community and putting a joke candidate on there. Disrespectful to those that work hard and coulda been used to give one more user at least some sort of recognition that their dedication has been noticed and appreciated. If Brooks was written down as a nominee at first and HO nixed it and told everyone to put down someone else they feel is deserving, I think that would have been a better course of action. After all, aren't only actives allowed to be voted on for player awards? Why would user awards be any different?

At the end of the day its harmless and a deserving member of our community won, I just feel that this was not the right place for it and another active member of our community could have been represented as a nominee. Sorry to be a fun hater Sad

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - Raven - 11-02-2021

I wish all sim league members, except dude_man, BAL and PHI voters, a nice day

[Image: lucioano.jpg]

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - Gragg9 - 11-02-2021

In defense of Dudeman, they voted Smalls instead of Small. So it's pretty easy to see what happened there. 

Not gunna defend the other thing

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - infinitempg - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:02 AM)TeyonSchavari Wrote: Imagine having an award that is meant to identify outstanding users in our community and putting a joke candidate on there. Disrespectful to those that work hard and coulda been used to give one more user at least some sort of recognition that their dedication has been noticed and appreciated.

Okay, I feel like this needs some explanation from my end since (and I love you Teyon) it seems like some of this anger is directed at me.

The script I use to count the awards requires that there be three entries. Brooks was nominated in the casual pre-voting User Award nominations, and normally I would just cross that name out and list it in the description of the form used to vote. However, there were only two other nominees for MDM (Bayley and Kolt) - and so I figured instead of just writing *placeholder* on the ballot, I'd use Brooks. Because it's funny lol

I made sure to put on the ballot that all voters should put him in third place on the ballot so that I could easily strike him out and it'd be clear that he was just a placeholder name. However, two teams decided to put Brooks in first place, and so I could not justify removing him from the list or the show. When I first noticed this, I even sent a message in GM chat mentioning the ballots were public and everyone would see who voted for whom. I've spoken to one of the teams who voted for Brooks in first place and they mentioned to me that it was a protest vote in a similar complaint to what you have - why couldn't GMs and HO come up with a third person to honor with that spot? I respect that, even if the methods they used were... interesting. I can't say anything for the other team.

(11-02-2021, 11:02 AM)TeyonSchavari Wrote: If Brooks was written down as a nominee at first and HO nixed it and told everyone to put down someone else they feel is deserving, I think that would have been a better course of action. After all, aren't only actives allowed to be voted on for player awards? Why would user awards be any different?

This would have been a reasonable step to take - and I probably should mention that it would be me, not HO that would most likely take this step. I did not think of this, but if I had the chance to do it over again I'd probably change nothing. My job is to count the votes that are given to me, and while I could have taken that step to do it, it a) would have made the time table for making the awards much shorter (I finished making the awards show during a prep period that I really could have used as a prep period, so that's kind of out of the picture), b) I received no instructions from HO to do so when the User Ballot was posted and so figured that they made the same assumption of Brooks = placeholder that I did, and c) I don't think it would have made a difference as only 6/14 teams and 1/5 HO members submitted nominations over the 52 hours that it was open for, so evidently it's unclear how valuable the awards are to them. There was significantly more conversation in GM chat about outright removing User Awards like MDM than there was about who should get them this season.

RE: S31 Public Awards Ballots - TeyonSchavari - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 04:51 PM)infinitempg Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 11:02 AM)TeyonSchavari Wrote: Imagine having an award that is meant to identify outstanding users in our community and putting a joke candidate on there. Disrespectful to those that work hard and coulda been used to give one more user at least some sort of recognition that their dedication has been noticed and appreciated.

Okay, I feel like this needs some explanation from my end since (and I love you Teyon) it seems like some of this anger is directed at me.

The script I use to count the awards requires that there be three entries. Brooks was nominated in the casual pre-voting User Award nominations, and normally I would just cross that name out and list it in the description of the form used to vote. However, there were only two other nominees for MDM (Bayley and Kolt) - and so I figured instead of just writing *placeholder* on the ballot, I'd use Brooks. Because it's funny lol

Not directed at you at all (at least I didn't mean it to be) and I don't think it's your fault, I just didn't have the context behind what happened there, it was more towards the GMs/HO who I thought could have used the vote on someone active rather than filling in Brooks. It saddens me to hear that user awards are seemingly being put on the back burner by voters, I've always thought they were a very nice wholesome thing that we do in this league. Now that I have the context it makes more sense, makes me feel a little better about it all. Sorry to cause a fuss. Love you too infinite ❤️