International Simulation Football League
*A Quiet Leader in Philadelphia - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Quiet Leader in Philadelphia (/showthread.php?tid=36058)

*A Quiet Leader in Philadelphia - xtitanxmvpx - 11-05-2021

Philadelphia Sports Den Inside Look

In a rare occurrence our reporters caught up with Xavier Walls after a practice earlier this week and got to sit down and speak with the incumbent linebacker about a few different topics:

*Start*

Removing some of his equipment from practice as he readies for questions from interviewers, "Afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Mike good to see ya." says Xavier nonchalantly as he often does when spoken to.

Mike R. (Philadelphia Sports Den): Xavier, you're a newly appointed Captain here in Philly for this defense. How's it feel?

X. Walls: Feels great Mike. Honestly, I've worked my butt off to really speed up to this level of play and our defense has been improving right along with our young player's growth...so yeah, it feel sgreat to have the guys' respect.

Mike R.: You had a great season last year for someone still so young. What's in store for this season? 

X. Walls: I want to be the league's sack leader. I really want that and I already have Goodman's sack career numbers in my sights. Goodman and I have a great relationship and he's taught me a lot. He's shown a ton of confidence in me and he's been an incredible mentor. *with a laugh* But I've already told the old man I'm comin' for his records. I hope to put up 20 sacks this season and it's a big part of why I wanted to come back here to Philly.

Mike R.: Speaking of coming back to Philly! You came back on a huge extension for pretty much the entirety of your career pretty much. The team has a lot of confidence in you to be a leader obviously, would anything change that for you?

X. Walls: You know, things change and it's a business. I didn't break the bank or anything with the deal I just wanted to reward Philly for how much they've offered me and how much I've enjoyed seeing this franchise improve even in my short time here. Really, the GMs and the coaching staff are a big reason I'm here and if that ever changed I would possibly look at other teams around the league, but I don't foresee that anytime soon.

Mike R.: Alright, alright...now to some more distracting business...Cedric Wilkins. he missed training camp and now expects to come in and be the next big thing with Fieri retiring. What're your thoughts on the matter?

X. Walls: You know I'm not one to stir the pot Mike, but I was a rookie and I busted my ass to get to where I am. I was a first round pick just like he was. There's a lot of pressure to perform and all the practice you can get is needed. As the new defensive Captain, I have gotten on Wilkins' case a bit about doing more to catch up and more for the community so the people can see who he is and all that. I know he's a good kid and I know he can play ball, but we need to see his commitment to the team more and not so much himself.

Mike R.: Have there been any murmurings about suspensions or fines for his lack of participation in training camp?

X. Walls: That's over my role Mike, but I'd think based on discussions in the past with Lip and the rest of the coaching staff, I foresee some form of accountability being taken to remind him of what team he plays for and to respect all the rest of our work that we put in.

Mike R.: Well, I appreciate everything Xavier and we look forward to seeing this defense out on the field this year!

X. Walls: Hell's Bells are gonna ring Mike. Count on it.

*End*

So after that conversation it really seems like Philly is in good hands on defense, while there is a little bit of drama on the Wilkins front. Walls is obviously more upset than he lets on to about Wilkins skipping publicity and training ops. This is definitely something to keep eyes and ears on going into the season as Walls is often very quiet spoken and often does the most talk with his play out on the field.

This is Mike Ripparegulrgaga from The Philadelphia Sports Den signing off!

@woelkers

RE: A Quiet Leader in Philadelphia - J0EB - 11-06-2021

Couldn't have asked for a better Captain on the defense Walls! I've seen the silent strides you've taken to improve and be a leader among the team, and I'm so glad to see you formally take on the role of Captain for Season 32! You've always had my respect with the hard work you put in and the care you demonstrate for the community. It's truly an honor to play alongside you bud.

-Cross  PHI