International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor (/showthread.php?tid=36103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

(S32) PT 1 - Mentor - siddhus - 11-08-2021

(S32) PT 1 - Mentor
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, as long as you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S32 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, November 14th 2021, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: A young relative of yours is determined to follow in your footsteps and become a professional athlete, despite the odds being stacked against them. Unfortunately, the headstrong individual has let their grades slip and their parents have asked you to talk some sense into them. What do you say to this aspiring athlete?

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your player talking and helping out someone else on doing better.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affliate PT matches with the week of this point task. 

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36095 - PT Passes list here!

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - .simo - 11-08-2021

SHL PT

Different username - Simo_393

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - FootballIsCool - 11-08-2021

Shl Affiliate -Different Username: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Acsolap - 11-08-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Urq660 - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - WildfireMicro - 11-08-2021

Aimi Asui has always looked up to her older cousin Tsuyu Asui and her football exploits. She has a plan to follow in her footsteps by eventually moving to America but unfortunately, her grades have slipped in the meantime. So while she and her family visited Tsuyu in Colorado, her mother asked Tsuyu to talk some sense into her to get her grades back up. So Tsuyu took her aside to talk with her privately 

"Look Ami I know you look up to me and want to be like me, but why are you letting your grades be so bad?"

"Well I guess I am so focused on my dream that they aren't that important." 

"Look Aimi when I was in school I always wanted my grades to be high, amd in college if you get on a team you have to keep your grades up so you can stay on the team." She rubs her hair "just focus on school for now and always have a backup plan. There are very few people who make it to the ISFL. Is there something else you are interested in?"

"Well I like chemistry. It is my best subject"

"Well keep on studying that and maybe that will become your career. Being a scientist sounds like an awesome career. Just keep on studying for me, ok?"

"Ok big cousin I will!"

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - .emfaith - 11-08-2021

Look Little cousin, let's just name you Jay. Look, Jay. Your Mum and Dad want me to chat to you. There are two ways you get to where I am, if this is where you want to be anyway. First, is that you have to study. The only way you get to college is to study and potentially get a scholarship. And, Jay, the only way that you keep a scholarship is if you continue to study. Nothing is ever a free ride all the way to the top. The second is a lot of hard work - hard work on the field, hard work in the books. If you do not keep your grades up your coach will not put you on the field. So from here on out, keep your head down and those grades up, keep slogging away at your work. So that's it from me. Mate, do you have any questions?

154 words

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - KenitohMenara - 11-08-2021

PT Pass - Updater

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Tesla - 11-08-2021

Magnus Rikiya: My cousin who I had never heard from before just called because apparently their kid wants to be just like cousin Magnus and take on the world by being the best something sports related in existence.

Agent Tesla: Well that is a perfectly reasonable goal for a young person I would say Magnus. You yourself got your start by aiming to be the world's strongest after all.

Magnus Rikiya: Yeah that's not the problem though. The kid apparently slipped up on their last test and missed a couple homework assignments. I never had a problem balanced schoolwork, socializing, and still getting in the training I needed to compete. My cousin asked me to say something to the kid to help get them on the right track, but I have no idea what to tell them.

Agent Tesla: Really now Magnus?

Magnus Rikiya: I do my best to help kids when I can and you know that. Balancing all the work that you have at that age is difficult enough though without a relative you have never really talked to telling you to get your head on straight. What could I tell them that their parents haven't already, and what makes them think the kid would listen to me?

Agent Tesla: That kid most likely idolizes you as someone who was able to achieve their dreams. Try to think back to that time and what you struggled most with in terms of the balance. Then just tell the kid what you think would have helped you the most.

Magnus Rikiya: Fire your agent and put out a for hire looking for a green haired weirdo?

Agent Tesla: Not the worst advice you could give a kid aspiring to be a professional athlete.

Magnus Rikiya: Can I tell them you'll take them on as a client if they manage to maintain a good enough GPA?

Agent Tesla: Feel free to do so Magnus. You pay me enough as it is to justify it and if that gets the kid to keep a 2.5 then I think it well worth the price.

Magnus Rikiya: Done deal. Thanks.

Code:
Word Count: 356

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - jzajenius36 - 11-08-2021

I have to say this comes as no surprise.  Honky Tonk’s little cousin, Brayden Darnell Jr, always had a look about him that was reminiscent of the big Honky Tonk Haywood’s days on the gridiron back in Tennessee.  While he takes his name after his father, his size and physicality at age 10 clearly took after the Haywood line.  At 6’1’’, Haywood’s sister fit right in with the rest of the family, and her son was no exception.  Haywood was already trying to get the kid to pick up a guitar and learn a few strings, so his sister decided to try and see if her big brother could talk some sense into young Brayden when it came to his school work, as the child had proven to be too disruptive in class.  The teacher was threatening to hold him back a year.  Now although HTH does his duty when it comes to studying film, he was never a star pupil in the classroom back in his high school days.  So Haywood came up with an idea.  He told the child if he could find a way to keep himself calm during the school week, once a month Haywood would fly Brayden to Philadelphia, where he could smash into all the tackling dummies on the practice field he wanted.  Through one week, no reports of children with wedgies.  Problem solved?

(230 words)