International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor (/showthread.php?tid=36103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - xTri - 11-12-2021

WSBL PT

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - unconfident - 11-12-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - crazylemire - 11-12-2021

Tony Demonson got a call from his old coach Mr.Higgins from the Chicago youth prison who use too teach Tony football for when he was behind bars. Higgins was not happy by the ways Tony has turned his ways of getting attention around in the DFSL he put some wise words in too the young Demonson saying his own kid looks up too him and is acting the same way Demonson has this last year having no respect for his fellow teammates or the game of football itself he demands Demonson too turn his career around into a better more respectful personality in the game Demonson agrees and is willing and goes to the press and says he wants too change his ways for the kids he will go on a quest too turn his wrongs into rights and make up for his mistakes he has caused in DFSL before heading pro

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - yosh - 11-13-2021

SHL Affiliate Claim

I have username bdu754 over there, different from my ISFL one

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Dp-420 - 11-13-2021

If I had a young relative who aspired to follow in my footsteps and become a professional athlete but seen that his grades were sub-par to that of a student athlete I would say to my little cousin, that he is exactly that a student athlete, and there is a distinct reason student comes first in that label. If you want to make it in the world of sports, you need to be intelligent, not only to make sure you aren’t getting hoodwinked when you finally have all that wealth, but you can’t go pro without going to college, and you can’t go to college no matter how good you are if you don’t have the proper grades. Academics are always the number one of priorities no matter what situation you are in. You need to get good grades period. You don’t get the right grades; you don’t get to play. I would then instill some sort of reward program with that younger relative to promote good grades. An A means he gets x amount of money, or he gets to stay out x amount of hours past his curfew. I think it would benefit him and the rewards would be something he would want to actually obtain so it will be a win win for all involved.
Code:

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - SwankyPants31 - 11-13-2021

Live Laughlove’s younger brother Die Cryhate couldn’t have chosen a better role model than Laughlove. Laughlove himself actually struggled with some slipping grades back in high school and even early in his college career, giving him some insight into what may work to get Die back on track. First thing’s first is Live would take a reverse psychology approach with Die Cryhate. Who cares how good your grades actually are if you can throw a football real far? It doesn’t even necessarily have to be to the correct team, as long as you have the arm strength you can make a career on potential alone in this league. Then comes the kicker though. Laughlove simply takes Cryhate on a tour of his day, ranging from waking up in a van by the river to fighting off raccoons for scraps of food. While this life suits Laughlove, it’s not for everyone, and the goal with this approach is for Cryhate to actually do the opposite of what he’s being told and shown.

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - LB3737 - 11-13-2021

Stall Lin was the only cousin Demon Jaxson had and for this reason Jaxson had a soft spot in his heart in his heart for him,  and Lin looked up to Jaxson. Like Jaxson, Lin had always been a slap up football player, and was looking to follow directly in Jaxsons footsteps by going and playing in the ISFL. However, unlike Jaxson, Lin was probably not the smartest, and definitely not the most dedicated in school. Recently his grades had been on the decline, and this was the reason for the call Jaxson received from lins parents one evening. Jaxson, never really having a grip on the gravity of situations, broke into the Lin family home one night and tied up Lin in the trunk of his car. He took him to the nearest bridge he could find and began to threaten him, that he would be dropped next time,  if those grades didn't improve. Will this be an effective tactic? Who knows?

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Troen - 11-13-2021

Prompt Wrote:A young relative of yours is determined to follow in your footsteps and become a professional athlete, despite the odds being stacked against them. Unfortunately, the headstrong individual has let their grades slip and their parents have asked you to talk some sense into them. What do you say to this aspiring athlete?

There's a couple points I can make here. First, working to improve your game more has diminishing returns. Putting in more time ends up just not being worth what you're getting out of it. So, it makes more sense to instead work on other parts of your life rather than just always sports. Second, academics are a way of demonstrating your intelligence to coaches. Professional game plans and training routines come with a lot of complexity, so doing well in classes can help show that you'll be able to keep up if you're on the bubble for making it to the pros. Third, what you learn in school will be with you your whole life. That's the education part, not the grades, but if you can't make it to good grades, then are you getting the education? There's a lot I learned in school that isn't super relevant to me now, but there's also a ton of stuff that I was sure was not going to matter that comes up in random places. I personally don't think obsessing about grades is important, but it's kinda the best proxy we have to show understanding of the material.

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - krazko - 11-13-2021

PT pass

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - qWest - 11-13-2021

Tatsu Nakamura has worked hard to be an ambassador for Gridiron Football in Japan and in other areas of the Asia Pacific area. Thanks to the work of his Naka Brand and collaborations with other high level Asian ISFL players, Nakamura has led the charge to increase engagement for the sport in his home country. Along with this growth and involvement came with a large quantity of requests from his former home city and even from members of his extended family for further support and mentorship. One such individual that caught his attention was his younger cousin Jin, who often sent him emails talking about training regiments and sharing with Tatsu his journey to try to follow in Tatsu's footsteps to make it in the sport. Unfortunately, after Jin let his studies for critical exams slip, his parents reached out to Tatsu and asked him to step in and push Jin onto another, safer path. Tatsu decided to do everything he could for everyone involved, offering to pay for Jin's tutoring and, should Jin step up his work and put together much better results on his second go with exams, offered to work with his contacts in the X League in Japan to get Jin a tryout to be a professional football player.