International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor (/showthread.php?tid=36103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Michiganonymous - 11-08-2021

WSBL Affiliate Claim

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Talls - 11-08-2021

SHL Affiliate Claim

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Patey - 11-08-2021

What do I say to this little brat that thinks it has any chance of becoming anything similar to myself? I tell them to make sure they stop screwing around with all of the privledge and skills they have been given and to start putting in the work. When I was this young, I was going to school in the morning, going to practices and the gym after school then helping out with the family business after that until it was time to go to bed and start the next day. There are no free passes in life, especially for something you are trying to work hard for. If you care for what you are doing, it will not feel like work and it will just feel like having fun. Sometimes the little things like grades feel like they may not matter at the end of the day but they are the foundation to what is going to make you a successful person who will have a long lasting career. Screwing around and just focusing on one thing is going to get you no where in life, especially trying to follow in the footsteps of myself.

Words - 196

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Eldorian - 11-08-2021

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Bigred1580 - 11-08-2021

[Image: ISdO0HV.png]

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - Greenbaynathan - 11-08-2021

To that young boy I would tell him that he absolutely has to focus on his studies before sports. I’d tell him that if his grades don’t get up, he might not be allowed to play due to school rules. It tells him that his parents might keep him from playing.  It tells him that pro sports are a very unreliable profession, one bad hit, landing, or mistake, and your career can be ended, because of this you need to have a backup plan.  Go to college get your degree. I only got where I was because of my intellect, I got famous around the league for being one of the best jeopardy players there has ever been. I got where I am off of hard work, being lazy won’t get you anywhere good.  I succeeded by my work and studying not just in academics but also on the field. Talent can only get you so far in the league, you need to be able to out muscle and outsmart them. I wise man once said “Football is 50 percent muscle, 40 percent brains and 10 percent luck”. He was right id tell that kid about the math and science of football, analytics, the background to gaining an edge in an unfair league.  It tells him that even if he can’t make it as a player, if he works hard, he can find other ways to be a influence in professional sports 242 words

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - DELIRIVM - 11-09-2021

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - KezKincaid - 11-09-2021

SHL Affiliate PT : username Muerto

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - teddyoojo - 11-09-2021

Well well well, listen up buddy boy, you think this is the time to be slacking off? I dont think so friendo. Why are you letting your grades slip huh? Are you stupid or sumthin? If your stupid then fine enough, but i dont think your that stupid. The way to becoming a professional athelete is hard and long, and this is just something you have to do on this path that is stony and hard. Why do you think your going to such an elite academic university here in alabama? Your media degree will most certainly get you a premium taxi driving job after you have to exit the NFL after ur 19th concussion in the third year and can barely speak properly anymore so you better buckle up and study properly. Or maybe you want to be packing groceries for 7$ and hour for the rest of your life instead of driving taxi or uber for atleast 11$ an hour like and be upper middle class??
Yea, i didnt think so, so get your shit together and start studying for your Meth exam, this is alabama after all. No sorry, i cannot help you with your homework, this is way too hard for me.

205 words

RE: (S32) PT 1 - Mentor - BOOM™ - 11-09-2021

[Image: coach.png]

So there I was, just sitting at home yesterday afternoon, when the phone rang and it was my sister calling. “Hi Buff, what’s up?” she asked. Not much I said, but I’m curious why you’re calling. You usually only contact me for money and I gave you $2K last week. “Haha, you’re hilarious. No, I need you to talk to Kodi(my nephew) because he’s decided that he wants to be a pro footballer, just like his uncle. I don’t really mind, but his grades are terrible recently and he’s always been a pretty good student. Do you think you can have a conversation about what it takes to get to the ISFL level? I’d really appreciate it”, she said.

Now I’m not usually one to get involved in family business, but when I see an opportunity to help someone, especially a family member, I relish the chance. So my sister gave me Kodi’s cell number and I promised to call him later that day. Around 4PM I decided to get it over with and set the young man straight. I dialed, and he picked up. “Hey Kodi, it’s your uncle Buff. Now don’t be pissed, but your mom asked me to call you about this idea of yours to play pro football. Just let me talk and if you don’t like what I have to say, simply hang up. OK, I love the fact that you feel like pro sport is something that you want to pursue. It has a great lifestyle, pays incredibly well and you develop some friendships that will last a lifetime. I get it man. But let me say this…it’s a business and if or when you start to slip or aren’t as fast or strong as you used to be, you are expendable. One minute you are happily living in San Jose, then next thing you are on a plane to Colorado(probably Southwest Airlines to make it even worse) and just when you think you’re settled , bang, welcome to end of the world Yellowknife, freezing your nuts off. Dude, for all the glamour and fame, there’s quadruple the amount of pressure and problems just waiting under the surface. The other factor is career longevity and if you aren’t either smart with your money or land one of the 0.0001 percent chances to get a gig with the media or staff role with a team, you’ll need a backup plan. With your grades, what do you think that will be? Janitor, bus driver, landscaper? No offence to those jobs, they are salt of the earth, necessary employment but it’s a far cry from seeing your name on the back of a fans jersey or kids actually excited to grab a selfie or an autograph. What I guess I’m saying Kodi, is get those grades up, have a backup plan and by all means chase your dream of becoming an ISFL player, but know this…it’s hard work man, and not suited to everybody. If you make it, I’ll be there to support you but know this. If you fail, I’ll still be here for you, family is always first. Kodi? Hey, Kodi”.

Click. Silence

“God damn. Kids these days.”

Code: