International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season (/showthread.php?tid=36267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - siddhus - 11-22-2021

(S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, as long as you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S32 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, November 28st 2021, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Entering into the half way point of both the ISFL and DSFL seasons, depending on when you are writing this, but there have been some standout players that have shown up. You can choose to make either the offense or the defense of the team, but put together the best players on the respective side of the ball, and explain why you think they deserve to be on the team. Feel free to tag the people whose players you are talking about, I'm sure they will appreciate the shoutout.

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your team of the half-season!

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affliate PT matches with the week of this point task. 

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36095 - PT Passes list here!

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - WildfireMicro - 11-22-2021

SHL PT AFFILIATE

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - DeadlyPlayer - 11-22-2021

PT pass

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - OrbitingDeath - 11-22-2021

Team of the Half-Season

We're halfway there and it is time to look at some of the players that would be in the team of the half season. Please have a look at the selections I made for Running back and Wide Receiver (sort of)

RB - Ace Savage, Honolulu Hahalua

Everyone is always talking about that Cobra Kai guy, but the true star power of the team at this position is Ace Savage. Not only is his longest run just one yard shy of what Cobra Kai did, but he also has the highest average yardage amongst all running players. With his 6 attempts and 70 yards, he has gotten 11.7 yards average, the next running back on this list is 5.4 yards below that!

WR - Terry Yaki, Berlin Fire Salamanders

Berlin has quite some talented players lined up, but not one of them comes close to Running Back Terry Yaki. What? A running back in team of the half season at wide receiver, are you drunk? Of course I am, what would you expect, its 1 PM now. Terry Yaki might not be a running back, but he has 17,5 yards on average and on two catches he has one touchdown, thats a touchdown rate of 50 % ! No other wide receiver comes close to these numbers. Look at Luke Quick, he might have 18.1 yards on average, but only has 7 touchdowns on 39 catches, thats 18%, not even half of Terry Yaki!

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - KC15 - 11-22-2021

PBE Affiliate PT  +3 TPE

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Yeenoghu - 11-22-2021

Since my player is a defender in the ISFL, I'll stick to that side of the ball in that league. After looking at the list of eligible players, it looks like I'll be making a 3-3-5 defense. My criteria for selection is a combination of both on-field production in addition to how much I have interacted with the user in Discord.

DL - Lucid Dreams / Chuck Roth / Raylan Crowder
LB - Gary Goodman / Glenn Smart / Guy Fields
CB - Willie Miller / Rich Triplet / Harrison Andrews
S - Dee Walt / Miles Weperom

In looking over my list, a few things immediately come to mind. Obviously the players are prolific turnover generators and makers of splash plays if they are good enough to make an all-ISFL list, but each of the users is also a prominent member of the ISFL community. Each one of them has had a major league job (I count 8 current GMs, a few former GMs, and a couple of department heads), so I can be assured that my defense will stand the test of time in continuing to perform at a high level. A locker room full of these users would be incredibly active, most likely moreso than any actual ISFL locker room.

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Pvtpenne - 11-22-2021

Team of the midway point:

QB: Dexter Zaylren  BER
Zaylren is putting up monster advanced stats compared to every other QB in the league. He is tied with Caliban for most TDs despite throwing 63 fewer passes. He has a major lead in passer rating and is near the top in completion percentage.

RB: Goat Tank  BER
Berlin has just been hyper efficient in the first half, despite being 5th in carries, Goat Tank leads the league in rushing yards by a fairly big margin and is lapping the field in yards per carry.

WR: Tugg Speedman  NYS
Speedman is leading the league in receiving yards by over 100 and is T-2nd in catches while adding in 5 touchdowns.

WR: Tsuyu Asui  COL
Asui has been a touchdown machine with 9 through 7 games while also being top 10 in yards.

TE: Adam Spencer  NOLA
Despite having a crowded TE room in NOLA, Spencer is leading the TEs in receiving yards and touchdowns while also being productive in the blocking game.

OL: Bruce Buckley  BAL
Despite having the same stats as Ananda Adyan, I'm giving my first OL award to Buckley because of the team switch and position switch he just went through. He is still leading the league in pancakes with 65.

OL: Stumpy Jones  SAR
I'm giving out a 2nd award here because Jones is top 5 in pancakes, but the only one in the top 5 without a single sack allowed.

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Pat - 11-22-2021

For this PT I will be creating my defensive team of the first 7 games. It will be 100% scientific and irrefutable, so I don't want to see any of you out here trying to catch me out on Twitter, alright?

DE: Medicinal Toblerone @JuOSu
DE: Raylan Crowder @Asked Madden
DT: Chuck Roth @zeagle1

Starting off with the defensive line, we've got three players that all fit the mold I'm looking for with this 3-4 defense I'm setting up. These players are all versatile playmakers, both getting sacks, forcing fumbles, and getting to ball carriers behind the line of scrimmage. In the 3-4 defense, you need strong interior DL to hold down the middle and slow down the running game, and these three have been the best at that so far.

LB: Gary Goodman @"ShnarlyDude"
LB: Xavier Walls @xtitanxmvpx
LB: Guy Fields @r0tzbua
LB: Rusty Rucker @LancedJack

This defense I'm setting up relies on the Linebackers to be the big playmakers, so why not grab the four LBs who have been making the biggest impact so far this season? Walls and Goodman lead the league in sacks, with 8 and 9, respectively. Walls has also pitched in 3 TFLs and both have forced 2 fumbles on the year. Goodman also has notched three interceptions this season so far.
Not to be outdone, Fields has tallied 7 sacks along with 2 FF/2FR, 2 INTs, a safety AND a Defensive TD.
While Rucker might not have the same sack numbers as the other three, he still is fourth in the league in tackles, has pulled in 4 TFLs and forced an insane 5 fumbles so far this season.

CB: Willie Miller @Sebster
CB: Rich Triplet @Kotasa
NB: Cedric Wilkins II @woelkers
FS: Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple
SS: Amari Springer @Dagumpa

Defensive backs need to be playmakers at all different levels of the field. At CB we have two of the best right now, Miller and Triplet. Miller is on pace for a CB of the Year award with his league-leading 4 INTs and 22 PDs, not to mention his one DTD. Triplet is tied in for second in the league with 3 INTs but has also forced and recovered two fumbles.
Wilkins II has been an impact player out of the slot, with 5 sacks (by far the most by a CB) and one safety. He's also only allowing a ridiculous 40% of passes in his direction to be completed.
Maple and Springer have both been impact players in the secondary all season and will keep any defense from creating big plays.

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Opera_Phantom - 11-22-2021

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - takethehorizon - 11-22-2021

SHL Affiliate Claim