International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season (/showthread.php?tid=36267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - IceBear32 - 11-26-2021

Honolulu Hahalua! What a season so far. There are sooo many key players that have been a huge factor this season and making the incredible run possible. Each and every one of these users played a part in last years championship and this years good run but I want to take a a moment to discuss a small group that went through the FA process and ended up in Honolulu. Two seasons ago we were blessed with an MVP level season from @moonlight after landing and paradise. Thankfully Moonlight has the same desire to run it back this season and help lead the top defense in the league. In addition to Moonlight from a couple seasons ago we were able to fill some holes this offseaons with @"SeymourSnatches" on the D-Line and leading the league as a DE in sacks for S32, and @Duilio05 coming on as our WR1 and lighting up the scoreboard. Its no longer considered a HON football night without an Onion Man TD! 

HON with continue to be THE landing destination for FAs as the organization looks to quickly turn that first ISFL Championship into the start of a dynasty.

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - J0EB - 11-26-2021

I think that when making a team of defensive standouts there's names from the Philadelphia Liberty that absolutely cannot be left out. With our defense leading the league in Sacks, Forced Fumbles, AND Interceptions, we have guys making plays left right and center. It's hard not to start off with the League Leader in Sacks, Gary Goodman. With 12 sacks on the season, even just that alone would be impressive, but on top of then he has 3 forced fumbles AND 3 interceptions. An absolute game wrecker, Gary Goodman is easily the best LB in the league right now. Following his stead is Xavier Walls, our captain on the defense who is tied for second in sacks at 11, and also has 3 forced fumbles on the year. With these two side by side, opposing offenses have a lot to look out for. It doesn't end there, because Honky-Tonk Haywood is making a name for himself and is easily the top DT in the league right now. With 5 sacks (tied for first among DT's), 3 Forced Fumbles and 2 Recoveries, he makes an incredible impact out on the field. No other DT in the league has more than 1/1 FF and FR. He can change the momentum of a game with a single play, and we've seen it happen here in Philly. @jzajenius36 You've been killing it this year dude! I'm so glad to see you putting up some big numbers because you deserve it!

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Briedaqueduc - 11-26-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - LeatherneckMike - 11-26-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - Number 82 - 11-26-2021

10 games into the season and we've got some players that look to have put themselves in contention for seasonal awards. At quarterback, Berlin's Dexter Zaylren has been a standout for the conference leading Salamanders having thrown 26 touchdowns to 2 interceptions while being the only quarterback to have a rating above 100. At running back, it's Berlin's Goat Tank who leads the way with 1018 rushing yards on an impressive 5.3 yards per carry to go with 8 rushing touchdowns. Looking at wideouts, Luke Quick and Tugg Speedman are the only two receivers to eclipse the 1000 yard mark so far and have both done so with impressive yard per catch numbers with 19.1 and 15.6 respectively. At offensive line, Bruce Buckley leads the way with 105 pancakes, 13 clear of second place but the knock on Buckley would be the 2 sacks allowed.

The highest kick return average belongs to a linebacker, Austin's Brach Thomaslacher with an average of 32.9 yards. Just wanted to put that out there.

Code:
170 words

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - visceralpotamus - 11-27-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - PigSnout - 11-27-2021

I will be picking an Offensive Team of the Half-Season. I will follow along with the AP NFL All Pro Team selection and will pick 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 5 OL (Since the index doesn't differentiate between LT/RT or LG/RG, I will pick 2 T, 2 G, and 1 C). Here is the team:

QB: Dexter Zaylren  BER
RB: Goat Tank  BER
WR: Luke Quick  BAL
WR: Tugg Speedman  NYS
WR: Jake Fencik  PHI
TE: Adam Spencer  NOLA
T: Bruce Buckley  BAL
T: Ananda Adyan  BER
G: Felix Archstone  AUS
G: Maiteers Rico-Shea  OCO
C: Northern Goshawk  BAL

At QB, the main deciding factor was Zaylren's efficiency. Zaylren has a 112.9 passer rating, while no other quarterback even reaches 100, and he has thrown just 2 interceptions despite throwing 26 touchdowns. The only argument against Zaylren is having lower volume than the other top quarterbacks, but the larger gap in efficiency is enough to still make him the clear top QB.

At RB, Goat Tank is the league's leading rusher and has done this by having great efficiency. Looking at the Top 5 running backs by yardage, Goat Tank is the only one with an average greater than 5, with 3 of the running backs not even topping 4.5. Tank has had a decently sized workload and has still managed to maintain extremely efficient numbers, which makes him a clear candidate for the league's top RB.

At WR, Luke Quick is an obvious candidate due to his absurd efficiency. He averages 19.1 yards per catch and the next best is just 16.5. Quick's efficiency isn't just a product of low volume as he ranks #2 in the league in receiving yards. Next on the list is Tugg Speedman who is currently leading the league in receiving yards with a gap of more than 100 yards between him and 2nd place. Speedman has taken on a heavy workload as he ranks #2 in the league in receptions but has still retained a strong efficiency with an average of 15.6 yards per catch, which ranks #6 in the league. While Raphael Delacour is the next receiver on the list by yardage, I gave the final WR spot to Jake Fencik instead due to having only slightly lower yardage while having a much better average and an extra touchdown.

At TE, Borgo San Lorenzo and Adam Spencer stand out as a clear Top 2 due to their yardage numbers compared to the rest of the pack. The two have very similar numbers as both average 9.8 yards per reception and San Lorenzo has slightly more yardage due to having an extra reception. However, Spencer has 2 more touchdowns despite them having nearly identical volume, which was the deciding factor.

At T, I decided to put more weight on pancakes than sacks allowed since the sacks allowed numbers are small and a sack could happen on a fluke play, so I feel pancakes are probably a better indicator of overall play. Bruce Buckley and Ananda Adyan were the clear Top 2 in terms of pancakes despite having both allowed sacks, with Buckley having allowed 2 sacks. However, there is a large pancake gap between them and the best tackles with no sacks allowed, so I felt these two were worthy of the T spots on this team.

At G, Felix Archstone was an obvious choice as he leads all Gs in pancakes without allowing any sacks. While there were other Gs with more pancakes than Maiteers Rico-Shea, all of those others had allowed at least 1 sack while Rico-Shea has not allowed any. None of those other Gs has more than a 4 pancake advantage over Rico-Shea so the pancake gap did not seem large enough to overcome the difference in sacks allowed, so I gave the second spot to Rico-Shea.

At C, Manhattan Project leads in pancakes and has 1 sack allowed, but Northern Goshawk is just 2 pancakes behind while having 0 sacks allowed. Since the gap in pancakes was so small in this case, I gave the spot to the player who had not allowed any sacks.

(Word Count: 650)

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - sarah - 11-27-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - KenitohMenara - 11-27-2021

PT Pass - Updater

RE: (S32) PT 3 - Team of the Half-Season - taterswc - 11-27-2021

SHL Affiliate