International Simulation Football League
*Azarius Ranger Retirement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Azarius Ranger Retirement (/showthread.php?tid=36352)

*Azarius Ranger Retirement - MobiausGrander - 12-02-2021

It was only just yesterday that I, Azarius Ranger, was introduced into this league in S24, a legendary class of itself. I must say that it has been a great run of the last ten seasons to this point all with the New Orleans Second Line! If I was given the chance to do this all over again I would! There were so many people within and outside NOLA that made this career a great, and most important, fun one.

To begin with, I would like to acknowledge and say thank you for NOLA for taking me in the DSFL and taking a chance on me even though I wasn't the most polished of the DEs! There are so many people within that organization that I would like to thank personally! For starters, I would like to say thank you to @TomHanks and @ddrector for drafting me into this great organization and introducing me to such a great culture and vibe that has drawn me to stay loyal to this team through the ups and downs from these past ten seasons! In addition, your players were an honor to play alongside with as they were clutch veterans and greatly helped us in our playoff runs through these years. 

The next person I will like to acknowledge and say thank you to is the legend, @mithrandir. What is there to say about mith that hasn't already been said? Mith has been an ultimate legend for his work on and off the field as the main GM of NOLA for many years and for his legendary player, Andrew Witten. As GM, Mith has been, along with Tom and Director, the guiding hand and steady voice of NOLA and has led us through many seasons and has helped to keep us competitive regardless of our roster talent season after season. His more notable efforts, however, were through his player, the great, epic, and legendary Andrew Witten. Just like Mith was our leader off the field, Witten was undeniably our most important and impactful player for this team, our Jimmy Butler, as you will! I say that with high honor as he is not only a great corner in his own right, but he is arguably the most clutch player that I have had the honor of playing alongside with! There are many examples of Witten making timely interception after interception, most notably in our first of the Ultimus runs where he was able to intercept the Silverbacks at the red zone when they were so close to sealing the game away and setting up the offense to be able to close out the game and lead us all to our first Ultimus as a team. I am extremely honored to have been able to play with this legend! 

The next person that I also would like to acknowledge is @"JuOSu." Oh man, JuOSu, like Mith, Tom, and Director, is another of the legendary NOLA players that I have had the honor of playing with. What is there to say that hasn't already been said about her? She may be reserved to some, but that reservation bellies a fierce competitive demeanor and desire to dominate the opposition through every conceivable way. Look no further than her player character of Medicinal Toblerone! I have had so much fun playing with Toblerone as a fellow DE; our playing styles complemented each other as we enhanced each other's personal strengths and covered for each other's weaknesses! It was so fun playing with Toblerone as dual wreckers that I coined us the Medicinal Rangers, a badass portmanteau of our player name's. The name stuck as rival players and teams took note of it and game planned for the both of us which overall helped the team on defense greatly. I'm going to miss wrecking OLs with ya, Toblerone. More importantly, though, JuOsu, was another of the great locker room veterans and teammates that helped to lead this team to the great run that we had as a team and was another NOLA legend that I had the great honor of playing with!

Another NOLA legend that I had the honor of playing with is the one, the only, the legendary slothy, @slothfacekilla! Oh man, oh man, where to start with this cheeky but epic madman! Sloth, like our teammates above, was another of the legendary players that I had the honor of playing with. Though he wasn't the flashiest of QBs, he was definitely the most steadfast and badass out of them all! His play on the field was definitely top tier and consistent (even if the sim tried to misportray him). I was so glad and ecstatic when he finally received the MVP that he so rightfully earned and deserved for being a great QB in this league! I'm going to miss the talks about the sim and how it always tries to ruin us in a jovial manner, sloth!

Some of the other great players and users that I have also had the honor of playing with in NOLA are @GuitarMaster116, @Slothman07, @dude_man, @toivo, @Dagumpa , Lord Birdman, @SchoolboyShue , and @terriblehippo. Each of these users have contributed greatly to the vibe and energy that NOLA embodies. I will cherish the memes and fun times had in the locker room over these last ten seasons.

Lastly, I want to shoutout a few rival players that I had the opportunity to not only interact but have fun discussing with and going up against in the sport of football in this league. First off we have @qWest aka Naka2k, the legendary RB that is essentially the Frank Gore of the ISFL. The jawing battles on and off the field that we had were fun as both our teams usually were among the better teams these seasons and were always competitive. I'm going to miss our banter! Another rival player that I'm going too miss is edd as he, like West, was a rambunctious player that I liked too jest with and have discussions about our NFL teams. Some other players that I will miss are Kaz, TB, and Jamar as well!

Looking at my career in total, I was glad to have been drafted by NOLA and helped too not only contribute to a lot of winning and develop the culture, but I also got the chance to interact with a lot of great people in this league!

(Word count 1063 words)

RE: Azarius Ranger Retirement - Kotasa - 12-02-2021

Will you still come on game day?

RE: Azarius Ranger Retirement - qWest - 12-03-2021

The banter with you has been such a fun aspect of the last few seasons. Hopefully we'll both have a chance to talk some more smack in the future!

RE: Azarius Ranger Retirement - MobiausGrander - 12-03-2021

@qWest For sure, for sure ^^
@Kotasa For sure like a guest speaker ^^;