International Simulation Football League
Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing (/showthread.php?tid=36353)

Pages: 1 2

Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - RussDrivesTheBus - 12-02-2021

It has come time for Bass' story to close, but lord bless, what a story it was! I got drafted almost 2 years ago and could tell I was gunna be hooked immediately. @Dewalt27 coddled me like his own special boy and helped me learn anything I asked. He's the reason I wanted to get into GMing. Bass had a solid season in the DSFL, then it was time to come to his new home in San Jose. My rookie season I played DE and even got an awards nomination, which was pretty sweet. But, my best achievement that year was calling my shot in the AZ game. I predicted I'd get a sack, and boy did I! Jay Cue was trying to mount a comeback, but Bass took him down in the 4th quarter, stunting their momentum and leading them to victory! It was my first career sack as well. The locker room went so nuts and I knew I was hooked. @KoltClassic @Lowlycrib @AW13 @Buttersqauch101 @MN_Moosey and many others were welcoming and helpful when I needed it. @BenDover @Matty7478 @AL_GRINGO my S22 draft bros were such huge parts of the team over these last 2 years. I can't believe it's been 10 seasons already. I've made so many friends and memories. Even managed to I grab a couple Ultimus rings with the Cat Gang. Hell, I even got CK to join a voice chat in celebration! 

Can you tell I'm keeping it short and choppy so I don't wax poetic for a thousand years? there have been some downs, but so many more ups on this rollercoaster we call the ISFL. And I'd go through all of them again!

@TheCC @ckroyal92@Crodyman get special shoutouts for being incredible people and accepting me as I am and helping me grow in the league. Take that as you will.

I'm doing something related to this league at pretty much any given minute of my day. Somedays I stop and think about how amazing it is that I found this thing that has introduced so many new people into my life. It's truly amazing, and part of why I work so hard all the time to keep it going. I want this league to be that same amazing hobby that many many more people stumble upon and dive into. 

What follows is a string of pings of friends I remember the forum names for. I love you all and anyone I forget, please know it's because I am bad with remembering everyone's discord/player/forum names. Some things never change!

@Painted @Tesla @woelkers @IceBear32 @mango8154 @SomeSay... @Pat @Muford @Fronk @Bayley @ForSucksFake @Jangorhino @Gragg9 @Bayley @"Laser" @Rradum @flyeaglesfly29 @Asked Madden @Net @Sebster @negs @Kotasa @Oles @ThunderTitan82 @Tylus @DarknessRising @Dukemarriot @SnowyWolfz @TheSparkyDee @Blasoon @GuitarMaster116 @thevoicelesscreator @Frostbite @KenitohMenara @CLG Rampage @bex @Sloths1 @Pvtpenne @Urq660 @HalfEatenOnionBagel @mcgriddleluver @ajtigger @supertardis101 @Bigred1580 @Colabear @Number 82 @qWest @dude_man @SchwarzNarr @Kyamprac @shrub02 @mithrandir @Memento Mori @siddhus @UpperNet @FurFurFurson @revuhlution

I love you all! Keep being special humans!

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - woelkers - 12-02-2021

One of the better ones to come out of that frozen wasteland Minnesota. Bass will be missed, and I'll see you back shortly, Russ.

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Painted - 12-02-2021

We all love Russ and his 3 blue hairs. Rest in peace Mr. Bass, may you be reborn stronger than ever!

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Crodyman - 12-02-2021

Good night, sweet prince. My only hope is our recreates end up on the same squad one day. <3 you, my friend.

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Net - 12-02-2021

Truly one of the best users I've ever met across Sim Leagues. I remember you, CC and I having some of the best talks when I was a grey duck. Now, well, we are teammates in San Jose! I can't thank you enough for how much you've done for me Russ. It's incredible. Thanks for being my GM and my go to guy for advice <3

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Kotasa - 12-02-2021

Even though it came at Tijuana's expense I was glad to see you win not one but two Ultimini's while GMing along side you. Congrats on the career, see you on the next one!

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - negs - 12-02-2021

RUSSET

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - TheCC - 12-02-2021

Is it stupid that seeing this fake football player that I never shared team with in the ISFL retire makes me sad?

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - Sebster - 12-03-2021

luh u russet. cant wait for you to catch these hands in the narffl playoffs

RE: Lawrence Bass: Gone Fishing - KoltClassic - 12-03-2021

Legend in San Jose. Great player, better user. Congrats and best of luck with your recreate!