International Simulation Football League
*William Lim hangs it up - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *William Lim hangs it up (/showthread.php?tid=36378)

Pages: 1 2 3

*William Lim hangs it up - yonggarius - 12-03-2021

After 12 seasons in DSFL and ISFL, Lim will be retiring from the ISFL. He has been a very lucky player from the onset of his career, getting the primary receiver job before his second season in the ISFL and hanging on to that job until the second season after regression. Also he was fortunate enough to be a franchise player for the Yeti, finishing out his entire career with the team who drafted him 32nd overall in the 3rd round of the big and illustrious S22 ISFL(then NSFL) draft. Becasue of that luck he will be retiring to a farm upstate with an inpressive set of records and accolades. 

According to wolfiebot (thanks @infinitempg for that bot by the way, it's a lifesaver!), Lim's current career stats as of week 12, S32 include....

-14,545 career yards (1st all time, 1st in Yeti)
-957 career receptions (2nd all time, 1st in Yeti)
-105 career receiving TDs (3rd all time, 1st in Yeti)

Apart from that he also has quite a few awards and other records, including

-3 time Wide receiver of the year
-8 time pro bowler (S23-S30)
-S23 offensive Breakout player of the year
-4 separate seasons inside top 10 of most receiving yards in a season (S29, S27, S28, S30 is 2nd, t-4th, 6th, 9th, respectively)
-T-4th in most receiving touchdowns in a season (S25, 15TDs)

Hopefully, he'll be able to get into the Hall of fame with those.

When Lim was entering ISFL draft after his S21 season in DSFL, I told the ISFL scouts that I had 3 goals for him. Those were 1. To surpass 1000TPE; 2. To be a franchise player for the team that drafts me; And 3. To make it to hall of fame after the player's career. I'm very happy to see that I achieved the first two goals, and got a good chance in achieving the last. Of course, I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for the friends I made along the way. Hell, I first created this player back in February 2020 with intentions of being a casual player, doubting that I would last long. 

It was @gucci and @Kyle who had made me stay long term, by inviting me into Dallas locker room before DSFL draft when I had no plans to engage in discord. And then I got hooked into the LR with other OG Dallas guys like @iStegosauruz ,@furiousPanda, and @Big Edd, and had loads of fun. That got me a lot more interested in staying long term, earning well and becoming a good prospect. 

And after that initial season, @Frick_Nasty and @woelkers gave the confused and inexperienced WR prospect from halfway around the world a chance, and drafted my player 2nd among WRs. And while I was a little sad that my player slid to the 3rd round in the massive draft, I was very happy that I got to meet great guys like @SwankyPants31, @Ismael8907, @thevoicelesscreator and @Bauer, in a great team that became my player's home for the rest of his career. 

Over the almost 2 years that I have been in this league controlling this player, I was privileged to be in the war rooms of both Dallas and Colorado, and work with amazing guys like @Amidships, @Kyamprac, @enigmatic, @r0tzbua, @Asked Madden, @ReverendOReily, @Skindog44, @OrbitingDeath, @ZootTX, @Gumbaman and @zaynzk in Dallas, and @Sylphreni, @infinitempg(sorry for the double ping lol), @IsaStarcrossed, @SchwarzNarr, @Tesla, @Modern_Duke, @nunccoepi, @Ephenssta, @SDCore, and @g2019 in Colorado. I'm so thankful that I made such a lot of good friends in a short while

On top of the people I specifically tagged, I'd like to thank the guys in Dallas LR, Colorado LR and the members of this league in general, for creating such a positive and fun environment. Sure, there had been some dramas along the way, but overall my time here has been very enjoyable and comforting.

When I first stumbled upon the ISFL back in February 2020 via a post in r/nfl, I was basically living as a hermit. After I had to drop out of college following a near panic attack in final exam of my first semester there, I found myself without motivation to do anything. And as I avoided social situations more and more because of the memory of aforementioned panic attack, I was basically wasting my time away doing nothing at the time. 

But being in the ISFL slowly, but surely got me out of that pit. I managed to be in "social" situations, albeit they were through discord and internet forums, and I once again got to experience the satisfaction of doing something useful for others through war room and other league jobs. Gradually I found myself being more motivated, and eventually I was well enough to pursue some real life goals, like studying to become a public administrator, or a translator's license. So thank you, ISFL, for being a sort of rehabilitation program for me, in my darkest days. And while I'm unable to check in as frequently as before because I got real life things going on now, my love for the league and community will remain the same. 

Well, that started to sound like a 'Farewell to the league' post rather than a simple retirement media. But don't worry guys, I'm going to stick around with another player, at the least. I plan to recreate shortly after I post this media and get another post up in retirement forum. (I'll have to think of a name too, but hopefully I'll figure that out soon enough)

With my next player I intend to tred on a different path from the one I went with Lim. I'm going to make a defender (probably a LB or CB), and I'm not going to care about HOF or stats in general too much with this player. Instead, I'm going to focus on hanging out in team LRs, so I'd be very happy if my team has an active and friendly culture (and some activity in US night hours will be even better, because of my time zone). 

And as much as I love Dallas and Colorado, I won't be demanding that my player go to those teams, as I enjoy the draft process too much to ask for such things (and it would be fun to explore other LR cultures, too). I'll probably stick around with whichever team that drafted me, although I'm not averse to FA this time around. And finally, I plan to stick around long again, but I can't make guarantees in the long term.

Hopefully I'll be with you guys with a new player soon!

RE: William Lim hangs it up - Amidships - 12-03-2021

Absolute legend. Congratulations on an incredible career.

RE: William Lim hangs it up - Kyamprac - 12-03-2021

Heart

RE: William Lim hangs it up - g2019 - 12-03-2021

Stud

RE: William Lim hangs it up - zaynzk - 12-03-2021

GOAT

RE: William Lim hangs it up - Kyle - 12-03-2021

First ballot Hall of Famer. I can't think of anyone more deserving of such a great career than you.

RE: William Lim hangs it up - ReverendOReily - 12-03-2021

I love you dude. You do so much for this community just by being your wonderful self and I can't thank you enough for all that you've done to get me and so many other people invested in this league. DAL DAL DAL

RE: William Lim hangs it up - Modern_Duke - 12-03-2021

Best wr in league history and I won’t hear a word otherwise

RE: William Lim hangs it up - SwankyPants31 - 12-04-2021

Genuinely one of the best users I've met in the league and one of the best players the league has seen to top it off. I remember saying back during our drafts that you were going to be a steal and you certainly did not disappoint.

Who are we going to put in charge of the war room at night now though? Sad

RE: William Lim hangs it up - OrbitingDeath - 12-04-2021

Love you Lim, congrats on a wonderfull career <3