International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call (/showthread.php?tid=36431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

(S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Luciddreams702 - 12-06-2021

(S32) PT 5 – Bad Call
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, as long as you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S32 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, December 12, 2021, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Penalties are a part of the game, but the refs don’t always get it right. Write about a time the refs made a bad call, did it influence the outcome of the game? How did your Team or Player respond?

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your player or team being flagged or in the process of overcoming the penalty (making a play).

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...?tid=36095 - PT Passes list here!

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - FootballIsCool - 12-06-2021

SHL affiliate
Different forum username: hockeyiscool

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Net - 12-06-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - legion of slugs - 12-06-2021

In week one this season we were playing the Baltimore Hawks. We were down a couple scores and our defense was starting to tighten up. On a huge third down, we got a bigtime stop as they were just getting over the 50. At least, we thought we had gotten a stop. The referee then proceeded to throw a flag for a horse collar tackle. Our whole defense was shocked... a great tackle had just been made by one of our linebackers and it had just been taken away by a ridiculous call. Everyone on the defense turned to each other which shocked expressions, confused about the horse collar flag when nothing of the such occurred. Thankfully, our defense took the high road and lined back up for the next play. The hawks however did score that same drive which killed our momentum for the rest of the game. We went on to lose by much more than we should have due to that horrific call.

166 Words

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Opera_Phantom - 12-06-2021

Penalties do not affect the Cue. In fact, "penalties" are nothing more than mere recommendations that someone dressed in a zebra costume, that decided to get a whistle and one of them even has a microphone, tries to enforce.
Sometimes Cue stops the play and moves forward a few yards for a new set of downs, but sometimes the zebra guys try to make him start behind his last position? No idea what they want to be honest, but i just tell them no way we are going back, considering the end zone is the other way, and normally they shout a bit, throw a yellow cloth in the air (great spectacle to watch when there is a lot, looks like something out of Cirque du Soleil, very nice), try to tell me i need to "leave the field", but when i tell them i will not do that, they just go along with my wishes.
Funny thing this football penalties stuff.

(162 words)

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - jzajenius36 - 12-06-2021

Honky Tonk still remembers it like it was yesterday.  Season 29.  Week 16.  Philadelphia hosting the Yellowknife Wraiths.  An absolute slugfest for 4 quarters.  The Liberty lead for the majority of the game, taking a 12-10 lead thru halftime and late into the fourth until a 59-yard field goal put the Wraiths up, 13-12.  In response, young QB Ryan Negs drives his offense down the field and engineers a 4 minute drive resulting in a field goal to go back up, 15-13.  With the clock dwindling, the Wraiths offense began to sputter, and three straight incompletions brought up 4th and 10 with 50 seconds left in the game.  Wraiths’ QB Colby Jack takes a short drop, fires to WR Kai Sakura short of the sticks, who is wrapped up by CB Fieri.  TURNOVER ON DOWNS! Liberty Wi- wait…A flag is on the field! “After the play, unnecessary roughness, #40m defense.  The result of the play is an automatic first down.”  That’s right.  Haywood called for a game-saving penalty on a highly questionable call.  The Wraiths are able to pick up a couple more first downs and hit the game winning field goal.  A tough pill to swallow for a young Honky Tonk Haywood, but one that he clearly used as motivation to become a better player.

(216 words)

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Yeenoghu - 12-06-2021

The first game that came to mind was Week 9 of Season 30, where the game was influenced by a bad no call. In the second quarter, Tugg Speedman caught a 22-yard touchdown pass from Sam Howitzer to extend the Silverbacks lead over the Butchers to 8. However, the touchdown should have been nullified due to Speedman's obvious taunting of the defense during the course of play prior to him breaking the plane of the end zone. The missed call did not change the outcome of the game as the Silverbacks would go on to win by a margin of 35, but it did leave an indelible mark on an otherwise mundane game. Much to the chagrin of the Butchers organization, the highlight has been frequently played in the community and is a top search result when looking for ISFL-related material online. For those unacquainted with the play, it can be seen in its original broadcast definition below.
[Image: silverbacks-gorrila.gif]

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Pvtpenne - 12-06-2021

Deshawn Penne is a saint and never commits penalties, so every single time the refs have thrown a flag on me have been an obvious mistake. Holding? That's a joke, if I'm blocking it is always with perfect technique. Penne's blocks are impeccable, beautiful, the best and are real highlight reel, training video type stuff. The times I have been called for holding this season can be chalked up to the referee just not being able to mentally comprehend how I was able to block the defender in the situation and can you really blame him? Offensive pass interference? Couldn't be me. The times I've been called for OPI are simply because the referee was not able to mentally comprehend how the defender's ankles were broken by my route, they just assume it was interference and can you really blame him? False start? Okay maybe I have false started a few times, oops.

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - WildfireMicro - 12-06-2021

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - KC15 - 12-06-2021

PBE Affiliate PT