International Simulation Football League
*Battle of the Tight Ends - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Battle of the Tight Ends (/showthread.php?tid=36491)

Pages: 1 2

*Battle of the Tight Ends - Trempale - 12-09-2021

Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson
Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury
Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Manny Pacquiao
Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier
These 4 matchups are among the most iconic and greatest fights in boxing history. Besides their historical significane, they have something else in common. They are nothing compared to the showdown that is unfolding itself tomorrow on Friday the 10th of december.

The clash of the Tight Ends
The battle for the #1 spot
The striving for reception yards
Makoa Mahi´ai vs. Lenard Graf
The veteran vs. The rookie
Tight End #1 vs. Tight End #2

[Image: OHT91vgh.jpg?width=789&height=910]

Ladies and Gentlemen,

welcome to the press conference for the showdown between Baltimore tight ends Makoa Mahi'ai and Lenard Graf. Tomorrow will decide which of the two players is the true #1 Tight End of the Baltimore Hawks. In recent weeks, completely unexpectedly a race for the most reception yards has come to a head. The two players are separated by just 7 yards. It couldn't be closer. And everything is at stake. In the red corner we have the current Tight End Pancake King Makoa Mahi'ai who has received for a total of 537 passing yards in 15 games and 52 receptions. In the blue corner is rookie Lenard Graf who has totaled 530 yards in his 44 receptions so far this season for the Hawks. The final game of the season will decide who can ascend to the throne in Baltimore.

Next to me are both players who would like to make an opening statement. Afterwards they will be available for questions. You also can show support with the #TeamGraf or #TeamMahi´ai.

Lenard Graf:

First of all, I gotta say I respect the hell out of Mahai'ai, I can learn a lot from him about the blocking game! But he is a bit out of his depth in the receiving department.

When I got the season 1 call up I was really fired up, practiced extra hard to get me ready for this new level of play. I practiced a lot with my old BBB Buddy Travis Scott aka Tight End 82. I knew that If I stayed true to myself I could show everyone how good I really am. So, here we are, I stayed true to myself and improved every single day! The start of the season was really bad for me but I got used to the playbook and my teammates around me. I tried to spend as much time with Gimmy Jr. (my QB), so that we could get on the same page. My best game so far was a 88 yard game in week 9 against NOLA. I’ve been able to show the other TE that I’m able to play on his level if not even a bit higher. The last weeks have definitely showed that! We can only find out what that means for next season. Hint, I will be picking myself in Football fantasy!

Mahai’ai is reaching his peak as we speak and I’m able to beat him in Yards for a whole season? As a guy that's just now reaching 400 TPE? That just speaks volumes on its own. Could you guys imagine what I could do with the same amount of TPE? If Mahai tries to blame his low receiving yards on me taking snaps away from him, then he should just check his old stats. In his best receiving season he had 645 yards. That just says it all…

Now, he’s gonna blame it on him being a possession Tight end but just compare our pancakes this season. 47 compared to 23, I didn’t spend any points on blocking yet, so could you imagine how high that number would be if I did? It would be higher than 47, I can tell u that much!

On top of all this, I am the first TE out of us two that actually got rushing yards! We’ll see if I can earn more this game or next season!

In all seriousness tho, it doesn’t matter how the last game ends, we’ll have one hell of a TE combination in the next couple seasons! We combined for over 1k yards this season! Now imagine if the better TE of this duo gets better in TPE and get’s closer to his prime.

Makoa Mahi´ai:

In the beginning of the season, when we drafted Lenard Graf with the first overall pick of the S32 draft, I was thrilled to work along side Lenard. As a league veteran I also was excited to teach and help him develope into the next great Tight End. In training camp I got along with him really well. We had many things in common. We both played college football for the Oregon Ducks and we both have ancestors in Germany. In practice we pushed ourselves and slowly developed a healthy competition. But it all went south pretty quickly after his contract got leaked during the season. He had a clause that said: „If Lenard Graf has more receiving Yards Or Touchdowns than Makoa Mahi'ai he will receive a role in Baltimore LR "The Better TIght End". Before that, we had a deal that he can get most of my workload, because I was mostly interested in manifesting myself as the Tight End Pancake King oft he league. So his true intentions became clear to me. He wasnt interested in a collaboration that benefits both of us. He isnt just here to take part, he is here to take over. He wanted to take my place and disrespect and mock me in front oft he team.

Since that day this whole competition became personal to me. And you know what? *turns head to Lenard*

You want a fight? You will get a fight! Tomorrow I will have to play against 12 opponents on the field.

Feel free to ask both some questions now:

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Hallmonitor_20 - 12-09-2021

Now Kiss

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Sebster - 12-09-2021

King Jelly > some bbb gm :triumph: :peepowidehappy1::peepowidehappy2::peepowidehappy3::peepowidehappy4:

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Pvtpenne - 12-09-2021

I wanna see one tackle the other after a catch to keep that yardage total down

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Trempale - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 02:57 PM)Sebster Wrote: King Jelly > some bbb gm :triumph: :peepowidehappy1::peepowidehappy2::peepowidehappy3::peepowidehappy4:
roood, I'll remember this.

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Trempale - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 02:56 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote: Now Kiss

Aren't we doing that already in your fantasy?

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - Painted - 12-09-2021

Who has more teep tho :Simon:

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - zaynzk - 12-09-2021

Hearing Mahai’ai being known as the vet in his peak makes me feel old

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - MoreliaSpilota - 12-09-2021

It's 2021. Who still watches boxing?

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Battle of the Tight Ends - King Jellyfish - 12-10-2021

(12-09-2021, 02:57 PM)Pvtpenne Wrote: I wanna see one tackle the other after a catch to keep that yardage total down

Iam going for his knee caps