International Simulation Football League
*Honks for Concern - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Honks for Concern (/showthread.php?tid=36533)

Pages: 1 2

*Honks for Concern - infinitempg - 12-10-2021

Honks for Concern
Tensions between Goose and Hawks organization, teammates reach a breaking point

NEW YORK, NY
While playing up the "friendly" competition between the team's tight ends, Baltimore's upper management were trying to downplay the other big competition in the locker room - the one between Busch Goose and basically everyone else on the team.

Anyone who hoped that Busch Goose's 225 all purpose yards tonight would calm things down would be very wrong. Speaking through a goose translator, Busch Goose held a tense press conference at his locker.

"I am THE best weapon this offense has. And what do I see happen every week? The ball goes to some other player," Goose honked. "It simply doesn't make sense."

Despite being what many Hawks faithful argue is the better of the two backs on the team, Goose has found himself on the short end of ball distribution. This season he had 27 fewer rushes than fellow running back and S29 first overall pick Dante King, despite having the league's highest running back efficiency at 5.1 yards per carry (minimum 20 rushes). King also managed to get more touchdowns, possibly arising from having more redzone touches than Goose. Goose also 11 fewer receptions than his counterpart this season.

Even tonight, Goose honked, he found himself getting fewer backfield touches than King. King managed to get 1 more touch than Goose, but only averaged 2.6 yards per carry with those 10 touches. Goose on the other hand, broke the century mark and hit a 12.2 yard average on 9 carries - and the waterfowl made sure to mention to reporters that even taking away his 41 yard carry he still would have averaged 8.6 yards per carry.

Goose did receive the most targets in tonight's game with 6, but even then it was split three ways between Goose, Mahi'ai, and Graf. And he still found room to complain, honking that his opportunities were in short dump-off situations out of the backfield while his running back counterpart King scored a huge touchdown while stationed out wide.

It should be noted that Goose has struggled to get playing time over King in recent seasons. In King's rookie season, he received 8 more handoffs than Goose (198 to 190), before being just about even in S30 (199 to 202). Goose took more of a featured role in S31 (136 for Goose, 112 to King) but with this current season it's clear the team wants to move forward with King as the feature back.

It should be noted that his frustrations don't end in the running back room.

"Don't even get me started on the other guy out wide," Goose honked. It became clear that Goose's translator was starting to fall behind his client's rapid and increasingly angry honks. The translator apologized to the media afterwards, noting that Busch Goose tends to get fired up when talking about the rivalry between Goose and the player picked just before him in the S28 Draft, Luke Quick. The two have always had a tense relationship, even going so far as to have contract stipulations that appear to punish the other every season. But with the progression of young quarterback Gimmy Jaroppolo Jr., the team seems to be sticking to a pass-first mentality - and Goose feels left out in the cold.

"I gave them a chance and have been nothing but team first, but this is getting out of hand. Quick certainly did not deserve to be picked before me, and I think we all see that now." Goose went on to honk, "And then the next year, they draft another running back - a receiving back like me - first overall? This team never thought I would be a premiere player, and I should have realized that sooner. Touches are going elsewhere. I think it's time to look out for me."

Fans may recall Goose's last flirtation with free agency, when a late translation led many in the league to believe he was heading to Colorado to play for his mentor Wolfie McDummy's team after just one season in Baltimore. While he had always planned on re-signing with the Hawks, he made it a very important stipulation that he thought the team was on the path to winning a championship in the near future. Ever since then, Goose has decided to stay put even with subpar season after subpar season.

"I put aside personal glory for the chance at a ring. But mismanagement from the top has consistently kept us back," Goose continued. "We've lost how many close games this season? There are too many to count. This team should be better than it is."

Since Goose arrived in Baltimore, the team has failed to exceed 5 wins in a season. Some heads have started rolling, as one of Baltimore's GMs @Frick_Nasty stepped down. But even this was not enough to keep the Goose in town. His parting words to the media were that he wanted somewhere that "really wanted him".

"I love the fans here, but I'm not sure about how much my teammates and the organization truly wants me here," Goose honked. "I have goals to make the Hall of Fame. To win championships."

"I am about to hit my peak. I want to go somewhere - whether that remains in Baltimore or is somewhere else - that will allow me to be the focal point of a winning offense and be the player I have the capability to be."

And with that, Goose packed up and flew south for winter. Will he return? No one knows - but the crystal ball predicts not.

RE: Honks for Concern - shadyshoelace - 12-10-2021

busch goose obviously averages more yards per carry because the defense doesn't perceive him as a threat and plays deep when they see him in the backfield. #teamking

RE: Honks for Concern - Hallmonitor_20 - 12-10-2021

Well thanks for the heads up I guess?

RE: Honks for Concern - infinitempg - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 10:18 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote: busch goose obviously averages more yards per carry because the defense doesn't perceive him as a threat and plays deep when they see him in the backfield. #teamking

smh this is what i deal with in baltimore, free me

(12-10-2021, 10:18 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote: Well thanks for the heads up I guess?

thanks for the heads up for my diminished role in the offense, meanie

RE: Honks for Concern - shadyshoelace - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 10:19 PM)infinitempg Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 10:18 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote: Well thanks for the heads up I guess?

can't diminish what was never there

RE: Honks for Concern - MoreliaSpilota - 12-10-2021

I'm just waiting for the eight A.M Sportcenter interview with Busch Goose doing laps in his pond shirtless.

(12-10-2021, 10:41 PM)shadyshoelace Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 10:19 PM)infinitempg Wrote:

can't diminish what was never there

[Image: 740643171343794249.png]

(12-10-2021, 10:48 PM)MoreliaSpilota Wrote: I'm just waiting for the eight  A.M Sportcenter interview with Busch Goose doing laps in his pond shirtless.

busch goose does this already because geese don't wear shirts

but just for you, goose will make extra large splashes tomorrow morning

RE: Honks for Concern - Bigred1580 - 12-10-2021

Wait! Am I free!!!!

Can we change the headline to Baltimore drops a number 2? Get it, because he was 2OA. And I was 1OA.