International Simulation Football League
(S32) Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=36557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - LimJahey - 12-18-2021

WSBL Championship Week

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - Tayjay - 12-18-2021

WSBL CW

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - crazylemire - 12-18-2021

Task 1 (10 TPE)

This week will see the S32 Ultimus and Ultimini races begin in earnest. How did each team arrive at the playoffs? Each team that arrived too the wild card rounds had the 1st game between Austin and New York, Austin had home field advantage but New York came out very strong posting two back too back touchdowns in the first 5 minutes of play. Austin fought hard all game too try and make a come back with an interception by may to save them in last quarter and send this wild card game into Overtime. New York ended up kicking a field goal and winning it and sending themselves off too the semi finals. In the other game we had Berlin playing Saratosia in Germany Berlin. Berlin came out hot and had the game in there hands the whole time coming out way ahead at the end too send them off too the semi finals.
Were there any dark horse teams that went unexpectedly far, or any presumptive favorites that fell flat? Well so far I thought that Austin would be the one too beat New York but a very close and good game seen it the other way around New York will carry the dark horse status for rest of playoffs let's see if they can make anything from it.
Who do you think will win the final?
Oh forsure think it's going to come too the great Germany Berlin too win it all atleast I hope seeing the Dedication of GOAT tank and Dexter Zarylien I can only hope that this team wins it all
There currently who I am rooting for during these playoffs... The next round has started and wow what a game both these ones were with New york taking on Arizona, New york clearly being the underdog and getting the lead and not giving it up for rest of the game they ended up beating off the top notch team Arizona Outlaws 28-17, for New York too move on too the finals. Sam Howitzer and Lawerance Miller were the stars of that semi final game. The next game we had Berlin facing up against Philadelphia, this was a defense first game both teams Defensive players all having good games only 1 touchdown was made in this whole game, this one touchdown by skiuuup was the one that advanced Berlin into the finals. Bam Bam Mcmullet having a career game out there as well.
Berlin and New York finals, had New york coming out strong and Berlin not able too capitalize until it was too late. berlin came close at the end but no cigar posting 21 of there 24 points in the 4th quarter. New york was strong on the pedal the whole game and didn't let this one slip away winning 27-24 too win it all the offensive player of the game was once again Sam Howitzer and Defensive player of the game went too Berlins Adam Schell . New York being the clear dark horse for the first game too last game and too see them win it all is big it gives players the idea that if you can try as hard and play as hard as you can and pay attention too detail you can make something of yourself in the ISFL. I for one am very impressed and will give New york every bit of credit they deserve this was an interesting and inspiring and incredibly run to say the least my money was on the other team every series and New York just seemed to steal it away and corrupt my picks too win it all. This team was the real deal and will go down in history after winning the most recent leauge championship.

626 words

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - zeagle1 - 12-18-2021

WSBL PT 3/4
The Arizona Outlaws have many holiday traditions, and many of them involve helping at the communities of Arizona. One big one they do is called a "sack drive", for every sack the defense gets, the team will donate 10 sacks of canned food to local food banks. In addition to this, Chuck Roth, Tayshawn Crunk, Plop Miller, L'Gazzy Burfict, and Glenn Smart all have teamed together to donate an additional sack of canned goods per sack each one of them gets. Rich Triplet was asked to join this initiative but he said "fuck them kids" and refused. The players who made this pact also go around to the food banks they donate canned goods to and help distribute the food, too! This is a great way to get publicity for the cause and to bring some holiday cheer to those who need it. Chuck Roth also dresses up as santa sometimes to volunteer.

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - juniped - 12-18-2021

PBE full 10 Affiliate

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - speculadora - 12-19-2021

6. Write 600 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 600 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

So here I am, back again after ... I don't know, about a year's absence? Probably a few months short of that, actually. Anyway, I figured that it might be time to give this league another shot. I think that there were a lot of contributing factors to my leaving, some of them personal and obviously not related to the league, others that were things I saw as sort of critical flaws here. I am not entirely sure if they have been fixed, but I do think that I care less now. It is entirely possible that caring was the problem in the first place - because I was in so deep I could not really detach my early experiences here from new ones and so I became very "back in my day" about all of it. I don't know. Anyway, I guess I am just going to kind of ponder these things and see if I it reaches the required 600 words here. The first thing that I think started to drive me up a wall here was the clique-y nature of the league. Generally speaking, cliques in the context of this league are pretty harmless. We had the one issue that I'm not going to delve into, but by and large it is really just different groups of people sticking with those people rather than branching out. I think I struggled with that for two reasons. The first was I had become so attached to Orange County as a team, but our reputation, standing, or maybe more accurately image in the eyes of people in the league was low. Not because it was a bad franchise, but because people were just sick of us being good. While I understand that, I also started to feel that new members were being indoctrinated into that feeling by people who had never even interacted with members of our team. Which is where cliques start to suck in sim leagues. You fall in with some people, they shape what you think, and then it doesn't change. So you just keep repeating the same experience over and over and over. As I type this I kind of wonder is this what happened to me, more so on accident? I spent so long in Orange County as a GM that by the time I left it was really only people in that Discord that knew me well here. Of course league growth contributed to that, but I think that unfamiliarity caused some hesitancy from people to commit to my demands when I recreated. And ultimately that staleness is part of what led me to go inactive. It was the same experience all over again for me. Anyway, I saw an initiative today from Head Office trying to work to soften the impact of cliques on the way things go in this league, and that is encouraging. Next, I would probably say that one of the things that frustrated me the most was changing sims. I understand why we did it now, although I still have questions about the specifics of the system clock impacting results, though it is far past time for those. More frustrating was that because I don't think the huge issues with the existing sim were well articulated to anyone that didn't ask, I felt like we switched for virtually no reason at all, other than maybe to change who had the advantage in terms of testing/strategy knowledge/whatever. Maybe that still did influence it, I'm not really sure. I think that opened up a second frustration though, was that the change made the gap between haves and have nots in terms of testing ability a fucking canyon. Like that canyon on Mars or whatever. It was just stupid, and I still think there needs to be a greater sharing of resources to that effect, although it seems like teams are catching up. Anyway, really what drove me away as it relates to that was just that I had this plan for my player and it was based on a build I put together using the old sim, and then we switch to the new one, passing ends up super unbalanced, we had 2000 yard receivers, and I just said fuck this. I think that whole thing was rushed, still. Maybe. Again it depends on whether using the old sim for another season was even an option, which I can't claim to know. Lastly is an issue that I think is more recent, and it's this weird loophole where you can basically tamper people who haven't created yet and then we just let them force their way to teams who draft them whenever they damn well please. It's such a critical thing because now teams can essentially just have their cake and eat it too. Go all in to contend and face zero long term consequences because they just reload by drafting max earners who demand to play there in rounds two, three, whatever. I have no idea how you fix it other than mandating rookie deals like PBE does, but even that comes with pretty big challenges. Oh well, glad that's not my problem to figure out.

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - visceralpotamus - 12-19-2021

4. “Sim gonna sim” is a popular expression in the league. Write about teams that have been graced by the sim gods and had amazing performances despite statistical odds, and/or about teams that were considered favorites but may have dealt with some bad sim luck that hampered their efforts. How much of an impact did it have on their season(s)?

"Sim gonna Sim." While I am hardly a vet of sim leagues, and I am certainly new to the ISFL, I have certainly heard and seen the "sim" take a game and just.... kinda make things happen. And that, generally speaking, is a good thing. This would a boring exercise if we didn't afford for some element of randomness and unpredictability. Of course we would expect good teams to win overall, and the weaker teams tos truggle, but it shouldn't be a foregone concusion. With that in mind, lets jump in the time machine and take a look at the Hawks preseason:

*whirling lights and 80's trilling sound effects*

Preseason is typically a time for teams to iron things out. I dont imagine many take much stock in the results, or settings or anything like that, so I dont believe it warrants much analysis. While as a rookie in the league, it was exciting to see my player have some early success, the regular season is where we as a team had our steadfast gaze aimed at.

Week 1 Hawks vs Otters
With the advantage of hindsight, we know that these are two teams that would not qualify for playoffs. Indeed the otters would only win 3 games this year, and this was not one of them. The hawks jumped to an early lead (14-3 in the first quarter) and never lose control. Not much to see here, other than my first career interception (yay!).

Week 2 Hawks vs Sailfish
If this were an HBO mini series, this is what we in the biz would call foreshadowing. The Hawks would come out 2-0 to start the season, with the Sailfish down 24 - 7 at halftime. Pretty comfortable right? Fast forward a quarter and a half and the Sailfish are a field goal away from tying the contest. Luckily a couple key defensive stands and a cluttch field goal, and the hawks scrape out a win.

Week 3 Hawks vs Chicago Football Club
Now the fun begins. As an animal rights activist, I will not acknowledge the Chicago team name, but the sim sure loves them. In what was a tight contest all the way through, we see the hawks score a go ahead touchdown, leaving a minute and a half on the clock. 45 seconds later Chicago scores a TD. Ball game. Sims gonna sim, but not outrageous, if heart breaking.

Week 4 Hawks vs Liberty
This is a blow out, and the liberty are pretty good, so no issues here.

Week 5: Hawks vs Wraith
While this is a harsh loss, considering TPE differences, the Northern Canadian Team was full value for the win, took the lead early and never let go.

Week 6: Hawks vs Yeti
Ok. Here is a matchup between some teams that finished within a few wins of each other. A tight game, with the lead exchanged a few times. Feels like a last score wins kinda game surely with both offenses firing. With 2 minutes left, a hawk drive fizzles out and ends with a 43 yeard field goal, breaking a deadlock. 2:12 left, and the yeti break down our defence with a TD, leaving 1:15 on the clock. Big drive right? Nope. Sim decides that our QB gets sacked AND fumbles AND the Yeti score another TD
Bruh

Week 7 Hawks vs Fire Salamanders
Another close game. Huge fourth quarter sees the hawks tie the game with two TD's. Two minute drill and the Germans take the lead with a FG. With seconds on the clock, Hawks line up a FG and....miss.

Week 8 Hawks vs Hahalua
While this one was close, it was the hawaiins that ran out to a 23-5 lead, and while hawks scored 2 TD's wasnt enough.

Week 9: Hawks vs Secondline
Stop me if this sounds familiar. Tie game. Two minutes left, New orleans scores a FG. Two minute drill and....pick
</3

Week 10 Hawks vs Yeti
Hawks score a huge TD with 1 minute on the clock to wrestly a 4 point lead. All good since Caliban tosses a 75 yarder 7 seconds later. Hawks lose

Week 11: Hawks vs Sailfish
Tie game. minute left. Sailfish TD. This is getting funny

Week 12: Hawks vs Chicago Football club
We actually win one and break this ridiculous streak! Huge relief, but season is lost at this point. Kinda feels like the sim offering us a lollipop after beating the ^&*# out of us in an alley.

This is not to be making excuses. Were a developing team, and the future is veryy bright. Looking forward to next season. Sometimes....you just gotta laugh

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - Thelastheraclid - 12-19-2021

SHL CW

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - CptGoosar - 12-19-2021

UW Pass

RE: (S32) Ultimus Week - MrStennett - 12-19-2021

PBE UW Affiliation