International Simulation Football League
(S33) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=36666)

Pages: 1 2 3

(S33) Late Joiner Thread - siddhus - 12-19-2021

(S33) Late Joiner TPE Thread
The Late Joiner TPE system in place to help users that create their player after Ultimus, catch up on TPE missed during the Season. How this will work is, there will be 6 prompts, 1 for each week post-Ultimus. Which will each be worth 7 TPE and you must write at least 50 words per prompt. The amount of prompts that you are allowed to complete will correspond with the week of your player's creation. This is only open for players entering the Season 34 ISFL Draft.

To get this graded, a PPT Team Member will go through and edit your post, either approving or denying it, and once that has happened, you may link it to your update thread for the appropiate amount of TPE. There is no partial TPE for a prompt, so you must reach the minimum word count to get the 7 TPE for that week.

Prompts:
- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcomong draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

In your response, make sure to include your player page to confirm when you created your player.
Week 1: 12/20 - 12/26 - Eligible for 7 TPE (1 Prompt)
Week 2: 12/27 - 01/02 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts)
Week 3: 01/03 - 01/09 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)
Week 4: 01/10 - 01/16 - Eligible for 28 TPE (4 Prompts)
Week 5: 01/17 - 01/23 - Eligible for 35 TPE (5 Prompts)
Week 6: 01/24 - 01/30 - Eligible for 42 TPE (6 Prompts)

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - Z-Whiz - 12-21-2021

Created Player Page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36745

Qualify for Week 1 (1 Prompt) - 7 TPE

My name is referencing a song by Outkast. Both myself and Crunk have GM renders from Outkast, with him being Andre 3K and myself being Big Boi. I wanted to pay homage to our GM careers as I am not long for this world. So my thought process was to make him named after one of their songs so I can remind myself about my days as a GM and that I’m an Outlaw ‘til I die. (77 words)

@Z-Whiz  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - ConnorM123 - 12-22-2021

Ozamataz Buckshank Page
(1 Prompt) +7 TPE

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it -

I have chosen my player name as Ozamataz Buckshank mostly because of keeping in tradition with the Key and Peele East/West College Bowl Sketch, as my previous player I had chose from this I am keeping this going. This stood out to me as being a QB name for some reason, especially ozamataz sounds fit for a superstar Quarterback.

@ConnorM123  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - GlimsTC - 12-22-2021

Created player page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36691
(One prompt for +7 TPE)

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it -

The name I originally went with was Blake Baskin, as I wanted it to be a nod to one of my favorites players of all time (Blake Bortles) and also a reference to my Fantasy Football team (Baskin Traskin). My render was going to be Kyle Trask, so it would have fully encompassed both of my favorites QBs. However, I am currently in the process of switching names and renders to my favorite character from a game I play, Genshin Impact (who would have guessed), with that character being Ganyu. Not a lot of thought behind that name, obviously, but I figured if I'm going to play a QB, I wanted to go big or go home, so might as well roll with the funny anime girl and ball out with her.

(132 words)

@GlimsTC  APPROVED. You may claim this for 7 TP.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - ShaboiShawn12 - 01-01-2022

Player Creation Page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36875

Eligible for 14 TPE (2 prompts)

Does your number have any special significance?
I’m donning 92 as an ode to Michael Strahan, my favorite player growing up as a Giants fan in New York. I look forward to carrying on his legacy of excellence from the defensive end position and figured putting on 92 was the first step in that direction. My younger brother also wore 29 in college so I figure this is the best position appropriate way to honor him too

As a new player, do you have any advice on the Onboarding process?
I found the process somewhat difficult to manage while bouncing between the different screens and tasks, particularly with the rookie task list and having to link all the posts. However this did seem to do an excellent job getting me acclimated to how the league works, since copying links and tying posts together is a large part of regular activities. Perhaps streamlining the entry form with a Google doc to keep everything moving linearly before breaking us out to explore? He

@ShaboiShawn12 APPROVED! You may claim this for 14 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - stupiduglyidiot - 01-01-2022

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36870
Eligible for 14 TPE

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

I love the immersion in the league. It feels like a generally relaxed and not super serious environment, but the sims are fun to follow and keeping track of stats is something I would look forward to. I played for a bit a year ago with the Dallas Birddogs, and remember Stegs and Bayley helping me out and being great mentors/leaders. Also it’s nice to not have to be super social to be active and make significant progress. The league does a nice job to cater to people that may not be able to commit a lot of time.

Basketball is my favorite sport and I picked number 6 in reference to LeBron. He’s having an insane season and is, in my opinion, the greatest basketball player of all time. It might’ve made more sense to pick Cuttino Mobley’s number, but I wanted to keep it consistent with the college/new NFL number convention.

@stupiduglyidiot APPROVED! You may claim this for 14 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - NotSoGood88 - 01-01-2022

Player Page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36841

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it

This goes to a different football sim league called the EFL, where you get to make a thing called filler players, who can only apply 250 TPE and aren't your main players. My first one, I chose to name Macho Man The Filler, and after a successful college/minors career, I got to create another one, named Nacho Man The Filler. Thus, over here, I decided to combine the best of both worlds and name my player Nacho Macho Man, and it's true: He's my macho man, not yours.

88 words

As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

Yeah, I think the experience was pretty good. It's not exceptionally dissimilar to the PBE so I was able to figure it out. The one thing I'd like to see is a list of how many players at each position. I created a quarterback and although 4 of 8 DSFL teams reached out to me, the thing they all had to say after the pleasantries was, "So, are you willing to switch from QB?" because apparently there's a whole damn lot of QBs out there. Going back to the EFL, this happened to me when I created. It was late in the season, I wasn't on Discord, there were too many QBs, and I ended up waiting a whole day before anyone talked to me (It was Sid, who wasn't a coach and was just acting on behalf of his team's interests. Maybe that's illegal here, but it was fine over there), and he was the QB, so I had to reroll to WR. I, as a new create, shouldn't be expected to just know what position is the new hot thing and what position has faded out of style.

190 words

@NotSoGood88 APPROVED! You may claim this for 14 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - Element - 01-03-2022

Prompts:

I like character creation so it was fun coming up with a name for my dude. I also had to think a lot to choose my archetype. It was cool to pick. When I first showed I had helpful words from Wildfire and RussdrivesBus. And then later I got helpful messages from Amadan. 

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

I wish I could just make my guy and get going. There's a lot of work to even just get accepted. I don't know why I need a user page and update page separate. I don't know why I can't just continue my updates on the first page. I also think there was a lot of misleading info in discord. I don't think it was intentional. Just people saying a lot of different things and not agreeing with each other. 

I named mine after a character from an anime called full metal alchemist. He is my favorite character. I also think it's fun to have a QB called Armstrong. However I am WR now and that also works. He can use his strong arms to catch balls instead of throw them. When he scores he can flex his muscles. 

In your response, make sure to include your player page to confirm when you created your player.

Week 3: 01/03 - 01/09 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36932

@Element APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - TheSnuggleBunny - 01-04-2022

Player Page

As someone that had never heard of simulation football prior to stumbling upon the site, I'd have to say it's not very intuitive at all. The tutorials don't beat around the bush to get us from point A to point B in the creation process, which is nice, but I feel like there could/should be a better way to streamline those processes. Also, I'd love nothing more than "Simulation Football For Dummies" page outlining what in the world I'm doing all this for... What is simulation football?? I mean, I've since figured it out on my own ( I think ), but I still haven't found a concise answer anywhere.

I chose 88 as my player number because it's honestly just the nicest looking number, isn't it? Like, objectively, it's superior to any other number in almost every way imaginable. 

Look, I've got two right now: 

1) It has two digits. 2 > 1. The math doesn't lie. Take that, 0 through 9!

2) The number 8 happens to be both horizontally and vertically symmetrical. Try it. It's true! Cool, huh? And look, if you put two of them together, they maintain their symmetry OMG!! 

So now you know. You're welcome.

Oh, also, I was a big Philadelphia Flyers fan growing up, and Eric Lindros was my favorite player, but that's not really important.

@TheSnuggleBunny APPROVED! You may claim this for 14 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - kumabear - 01-05-2022

Prompts:
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
Looking at the the teams names and logos between the two ISFL leagues, my favorite branding might be the Yellowknife Wraiths, firstly because the Wraith is edgy and interesting and also because Yellowknife is a great place to fish. My least favorite might be the  Honolulu Hahalua because the character does not resemble a Hahalua which I had to search up to know it is.

So I have a interesting connection with bears, when I was young I watched the movie Brother Bear which is super underrated by the way and I loved it. It made me fall in love with bears and when I grew older I had the chance to ear Bear which tasted amazing (it's not for everyone). Also bears are like so cute so yeah, my player is named after bears.

My player number is 31 and it is rather special to me. In Elementary School I started playing baseball and when I first got into the team we were given opportunities to choose our own numbers but if they overlapped we had to play scissors, paper, stone for it. I originally chose 8 but I lost on that number but I managed to win 31 the next time round. It's a number I've worn ever since.

Week 3: 01/03 - 01/09 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36991&pid=549975#pid549975

@kumabear APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.