International Simulation Football League
(S33) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=36666)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - ctots - 01-06-2022

Theo Lariat

Week 3: 01/03 - 01/09 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

Prompts:
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcomong draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
Hey potential GMs! I'm new to the league and excited to hop into your locker room and start bringing some excitement! If I can get on the field and make a difference there too, even better. I'm currently built as an accurate kicker but that's not a position I'm strongly attached to - I'll be the team player who adapts to fit wherever I'm needed.

- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
I like the energy of Ted Lasso as a character, and I want to reflect that in who I am as a player, so I chose the name Theo Lariat, which is basically the Costco version of Ted Lasso. You'll get from me what the name implies - passion, work ethic, positivity, corny jokes and questionable pop culture references. Negativity isn't even something I'm capable of.

- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you
I chose the number 64 mostly because I was at the exact right age to get a Nintendo 64 when they were released. I was (and am) big into gaming so 64 kinda just became a number I defaulted to when I needed one. 64 is also a power of 2, and they are all extra familiar to me as a dude who works in the IT industry.

@"chickentotts" APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - Jangorhino - 01-10-2022

Chim Rickles

Week 3: 01/03 - 01/09 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
My favorite part of the league so far is interacting with the teammates in the locker room and creating friendships. It’s also fun to mentor new users in the league! Creating sigs for people is my favorite thing to do in the league! Making people happy with a graphic for their player is a real treat

- As The player creation process was very intuitive. There’s plenty of info on the forum explaining the different position archetypes. There’s even a little widget which helps you spend your first free fifty TPE, which is extremely useful.  The league response to my player creation was prompt and I was contacted by my new team right away.a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcomong draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
I'm pretty experienced in the league. in the past i've been in an ISFL war room with duties to include creating game balls and scouting for the draft. I’ve had a lot of fun in the league and look forward to helping the team! One of the best parts of the league is the locker room environment and that’s important to me.

@Jangorhino APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - gatormatthew - 01-14-2022

Created Player Page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=36775

Qualify for Week 1 (1 Prompt) - 7 TPE

I've never been phenomenal at coming up with names (my username being a great example, favorite sports team + first name), so I decided to take to a random name generator to figure out what to name my character. One of the first last names it came up with was Justice. I thought that sounded pretty sick. After fumbling around with a couple of different names, I almost submitted the name "Blind Justice." I wasn't super satisfied, but I really liked the last name and thought that it was good enough. Right before I submitted though, the name Orange Justice hit me. It sounds more like an actual name than Blind Justice and references a hilarious video of a kid dancing. I quickly deleted Blind Justice and replaced him with Orange Justice and couldn't be happier with the name.

@gatormatthew APPROVED! You may claim this for 7 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - micool132 - 01-16-2022

Created Jan 16 https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=37203&pid=554394#pid554394

4 prompts:
- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

My favorite part of the league so far is the curiosity I have for simulated football. I am a fan of such games for other sports and I decided to dive in as my interest for IRL NFL grew a lot in the past years.  Z-Whiz encouraged me to join the league and so far my friend Gordon Ramsay is teaching me thru the rookie tasks and opportunities.

Nathan Explosion is the lead singer of a fictional death metal band (which still has real music made for them) and I love every part of the Metalocalypse show it comes from as well as the artists behind the music and the "lore" of metal and parody it represents. Nathan Explosion gives me a narrative to roleplay from as I often lack creativity in roleplay situation. It is simple, a bit stupid as Explosion is a brutish character, but I like it.  There is no in depth meaning behind the choice of character other than my appreciation of it.

I have no idea what my activity level will be for this league. I was reccomended to go with a position that is more relax in regards to max earning or not. I like the defensive aspect of football also.  I don't know any teams in the league, I joined mostly to have fun and to join cool discords and see where it gets me. Of course my previous friends from SHL makes a team more attractive to me as I will need lots of coaching to learn the technical aspects of the game. I don't know what makes me stand out from the others, I think my reputation from SHl can follow me a bit and help as far as standing out, otherwise I usually take the time to invest myself in what I start.

My player number is 66, I know football position have restrictions to which number they can pick so I went with this one. It represents Mario Lemieux but my main reason for this number is that as a "metal" character it is also the closest number to 666, the number of the beast.  There is not much more to it other than being a slight nod at the devil's number as a character that wants to be brutal and make everything metal.

@micool132 APPROVED! You may claim this for 28 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - RavensFanFromOntario - 01-17-2022

Player page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=37065

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
So, I will start off by saying I don't mean to criticize or target any individuals with this approach. I do think that for new users the welcoming group could be more proactive in both answering questions and helping rookies get adjusted to the differences. The Wiki is also very confusing and adds a level of complexity, even if I love the idea of it the help in implementation could be a bit better in potentially explaining the steps with pictures on the site much like other tasks are done.
Smasha Face is my concept for what if a football player from the classic game Blood Bowl leaked out into the Sim World and started terrorizing players and fans across the league. For those who don't know, Blood Bowl is a game where you take fantasy creatures and make a football team and just murder the other team while trying to score touchdowns.
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
I absolutely love the Berlin Fire Salamanders, it's so unique, the colour scheme is wonderful, I love everything about this team branding. I'm also a huge fan of the Yellowknife Wraiths, the logo, the name, the location, the colours, it's all amazing.
In terms of not liking is the New York Silverbacks just not a fan of an ape team. New Orleans Second Line because they relocated my beloved Las Vegas Legion.

@RavensFanFromOntario APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - Slippy - 01-18-2022

Week 5: 01/17 - 01/23 - Eligible for 35 TPE (5 Prompts)

Player page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=37221 (Created on 01/17)

A work colleague who goes by Clarkey told me about this place. I was also helped by tubadeus, sweat, a GM called FirstFray, who send me some info to help me post links and find info. First impression is that I'd have much less points to spend I'd they weren't helping me. It needs to be explained a lot.

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

As I said above, it's hard. I needed to ask some questions and have strangers help me. Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems like a lot to take in at once. I don't know what I'd do without people walking me through it. You can probably improve by having the info more "in your face". Or by reducing the steps required.

I love sim games. I only play sports games in franchise mode, and usually create my own player. This seems like a new way to enjoy this. It will be nice to just be a player and not have to worry about running the whole franchise.  There's something better about playing with real people.

I picked Titus because it's a strong name. Samson for the same reason, from the story of Samson and Delilah. Samson "was given immense strength to aid him against his enemies and allow him to perform superhuman feats"
It is kinda cheesy but I like those biblical stories about heroes.

I play 19 every chance I get. It's my number in football, soccer, and hockey. It's also the number I give the players I make in Madden, fifa, etc. The reason is I was born on the 19th. That's it really, nothing exciting. But you need more words so here they are.

@Slippy APPROVED! You may claim this for 35 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - PaytonM34 - 01-19-2022

Player Page

The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

The Tijuana Luchadores branding is definitely the best of all, it is far better than the branding of all of the other International Simulation Football League team brands. This is because the Luchadores brand represents everything there is about simulation football. Mainly winning. Everyone wants to wear a luchadore jersey or have that sweet ass logo on their signature.

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it?

Let me tell you about a couple of offensive tackles in the rival National Football League whose names are Larry Borom and Teven Jenkins. These absolute units of men are going to be cornerstones to a chicago offensive line for many years to come and will definitely 100% lead to many superbowls for the city of Chicago. Larry Jenkins was born to play offensive line because of this.

Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you?

Yes, the number 69 definitely has special meaning to me, especially as an offensive lineman. It is every offensive linemans goal to reach 69 pancakes in a season, no matter the cost. The number 69 on my jersey is a reminder every day to try and get 69 pancakes every single season. Nice.

@PaytonM34 APPROVED! You may claim this for 21 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - scorycory - 01-25-2022

Week 6- Eligible for 42 TPE

Player Page

My favorite part of the league is definitely the different users that I have met along the way. Certain locker rooms have really helped shape my experience in a way that I will never forget. If not for certain incredible users and locker rooms I most definitely would not have stuck around in the league!

The experience has come a long way! Having the player builder tool is an absolute godsend compared to how we had to create with my first player. The biggest suggestion I could make at this point would be an overhaul of the banking and maybe the update system. Looking at the systems that are in place in other leagues it still feels like the ISFL is lagging behind in these areas.

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
Um I'm a really cool guy that brings a great locker room presence. To be quite honest I would be shocked if I ever became a max earner again, I'm not sure I'll ever earn enough to get out of the DSFL again. My real value comes from what I do in the locker room, that's really all I can promise at this point!

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
I really like the New York Silverbacks when it came out, I still do. 10/10 branding. Sailfish branding is um, not so good, more just because they had the wrong kind of fish on their logo and it didn't match up. As for the DSFL the Birddogs branding is hot garbage, as is the new Portland branding. Best branding in the DSFL goes to London. Royals as a mascot is kind of boring but the logo and colors just really work.

I just watched the anime Overlord and I really enjoyed it. Every player I have had in this league has been anime based(at least after my first name change) and I wanted to keep that up. I also wanted to do someone badass that isn't so mainstream so I went with Ains Ool Gown.

I wanted something as close to 666 as possible. Ains Ool Gown is a lich king so I figured it would be the number that fit the most thematically. Unfortunately 66 is as close as I could get so it will have to do. Start the petition for three digit numbers right here!

@scorycory APPROVED! You may claim this for 42 TPE.

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - thattacklingguy - 01-25-2022

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...?tid=36406

I’ve really enjoyed the ability to grow and create my own destiny in this simulation. In particular, Russet Buster was a great mentor for me as I entered the league. I highly appreciated his help when it came to development of my player or getting me involved with DSFL teams.
50 words
In my personal experience with building my character, I wanted to base him off of the player I want to be in real life. As for improvements, I’d love to see the creation process include creating the sim face to be based on what the designer would want for him.
50 words
My best attributes in real life that’d help in the league are my real life intelligence and actual football experience as I’ve played at the high school level. These two traits, when put together, are a key asset for any prospect to possess. I also have an ability to work very diligently on things I want to.
57 words
You should ask my mother for the answer to that question, as my player and I share the same name. If I wanted to create a football player that would be awesome, for lack of better wording, I would want to feel pride in my creation. In my opinion, putting one’s own name shows that that person cares.
57 words
My player number is none other than the number 77. This number is the very same that I wore when I played at defensive end in high school. The 7s represent luck separately, but together, they represent skill. It made sense in my head, at least, so that was my logic.
51 words

BTW, idk what I apply for, so give me as much TPE as I can earn…

@thattacklingguy Since you created before 12/20, unfortunately there isn't any TPE you can claim in this thread. But that means all the TPE you would have earned here, you've already earned elsewhere!

RE: (S33) Late Joiner Thread - tommeson - 01-28-2022

Player page: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=37318&pid=558076#pid558076

Prompts:
My favourite part of the league so far is how everything is so well structured and the environment of this league. This is first sim league, but I was always to get thing done very smoothly through the help other users especially my form my GM Icebear32 and RussDrivesTheBus they helped me a lot in figuring everything and they made the whole press easy for me. They also introduce me to the team and made me feel very welcomed, so I thank them. (83 Words)

To be honest it was a bit confusing at first because trying to navigate through everything and read through all the information on all those threads to try and fully understand but with time it gets easy to understand and be able to use the website. With all the help I was able to get it made the process very easy. (61 Words)

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft (or waivers). What makes you stand out?
Hello GMs, this is my very first sim league I’d be very happy to join you roster and show why I belong.  I’m a very chilled guy who will bring a positive attitude and atmosphere to your locker room. I can guarantee you I will be a hard-working player and make sure my player is performing day and day out for you team. (63 Words)

- The ISFL has quite a few brandings amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
My favourite branding is the Yellowknife Wraiths because of the logo, colors and especially the location. I love how its in Canada and very close to my players hometown. To be honest I love all the brandings the league has so far so it’s really to pick one that I like the least. (53 Words)

I picked the name Tom Taylor I wanted to name my player off one of my favorite NFL players Free safety Sean Taylor I love the way he played when I watched him as a kid, and I wanted to see if could replicate something like that in this league with my player. (53 Words)

I picked number 11 because it is my favourite number. Number 11 is also a number that I wore for every sports team I basically ever been on so I thought I might as well carry on that tradition of wearing number 11 in this league and hopefully get my jersey number retired. (53 Words)

@tommeson APPROVED! You may claim this for 42 TPE.