International Simulation Football League
When is the best time to create for the next draft? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: When is the best time to create for the next draft? (/showthread.php?tid=37040)

Pages: 1 2

When is the best time to create for the next draft? - The_Juggernaut - 01-07-2022

I'd like to get ahead in TPE, so just wondering what works best.

RE: When is the best time to create for the next draft? - Yeenoghu - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 10:25 AM)The_Juggernaut Wrote: I'd like to get ahead in TPE, so just wondering what works best.
For purposes of accruing the most TPE, the best time to create a player is immediately after the trade deadline at the beginning of February. You would be drafted into the DSFL at the start of Season 34 and the ISFL at the start of Season 35. We do have a new mechanism in place to allow players to 'catch up' TPE lost from Activity Checks and Weekly Trainings if they do not create immediately at the trade deadline, but trade deadline creates still do have a marginal advantage by being able to do weekly predictions and PTs. All in all, the difference is maybe 20 TPE in total?

RE: When is the best time to create for the next draft? - The_Juggernaut - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 11:27 AM)Maglubiyet Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 10:25 AM)The_Juggernaut Wrote: I'd like to get ahead in TPE, so just wondering what works best.
For purposes of accruing the most TPE, the best time to create a player is immediately after the trade deadline at the beginning of February. You would be drafted into the DSFL at the start of Season 34 and the ISFL at the start of Season 35. We do have a new mechanism in place to allow players to 'catch up' TPE lost from Activity Checks and Weekly Trainings if they do not create immediately at the trade deadline, but trade deadline creates still do have a marginal advantage by being able to do weekly predictions and PTs. All in all, the difference is maybe 20 TPE in total?
Follow up question, is running back completely log jammed?

(01-07-2022, 11:57 AM)The_Juggernaut Wrote: Follow up question, is running back completely log jammed?
Skill positions usually see a higher number than average of prospects, but I wouldn't go so far as to say RB is logjammed (though you will almost certainly split carries with another player). You can see the breakdown of roster spots by position on our tracker.

RE: When is the best time to create for the next draft? - The_Juggernaut - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 12:14 PM)Maglubiyet Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 11:57 AM)The_Juggernaut Wrote: Follow up question, is running back completely log jammed?
Skill positions usually see a higher number than average of prospects, but I wouldn't go so far as to say RB is logjammed (though you will almost certainly split carries with another player). You can see the breakdown of roster spots by position on our tracker.
Last question, would it be advisable to make a running back now or wait for February, is that ~20 tpe necessary.

RE: When is the best time to create for the next draft? - qWest - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 11:57 AM)The_Juggernaut Wrote:
Running back is so much fun. If you're willing to earn at a high level you can definitely find a place leading a backfield before too long.

(01-07-2022, 12:16 PM)qWest Wrote:
Running back is so much fun. If you're willing to earn at a high level you can definitely find a place leading a backfield before too long.
I was thinking fullback or speed back, any thoughts?

RE: When is the best time to create for the next draft? - qWest - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 12:31 PM)The_Juggernaut Wrote:
I don't personally find fullback very interesting or fun. I've been a speed back for most of my career, though power back is also looking like it'll be pretty effective. If you want yards and TDs it's definitely either power or speed.

(01-07-2022, 12:44 PM)qWest Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 12:31 PM)The_Juggernaut Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 11:27 AM)Maglubiyet Wrote: For purposes of accruing the most TPE, the best time to create a player is immediately after the trade deadline at the beginning of February. You would be drafted into the DSFL at the start of Season 34 and the ISFL at the start of Season 35. We do have a new mechanism in place to allow players to 'catch up' TPE lost from Activity Checks and Weekly Trainings if they do not create immediately at the trade deadline, but trade deadline creates still do have a marginal advantage by being able to do weekly predictions and PTs. All in all, the difference is maybe 20 TPE in total?
I don't personally find fullback very interesting or fun. I've been a speed back for most of my career, though power back is also looking like it'll be pretty effective. If you want yards and TDs it's definitely either power or speed.
Power or speed, gotcha! Thank you!

(01-07-2022, 12:15 PM)The_Juggernaut Wrote: Last question, would it be advisable to make a running back now or wait for February, is that ~20 tpe necessary.
No, it's definitely not necessary. However, if you make a player now, you will be a waiver claim in the DSFL for the current season and will not be part of the DSFL draft. If you want to start playing right away you can make a player at any time, but I think scouting and the draft is one of the most fun parts of the new player process.