International Simulation Football League
*Blake Baskin the LB?!? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Blake Baskin the LB?!? (/showthread.php?tid=37072)

*Blake Baskin the LB?!? - GlimsTC - 01-08-2022

It's the day after the DSFL draft, and in a shocking turn of events, Blake "Ganyu" Baskin, who was drafted by the Bondi Beach Buccaneers has announced that she will be switching from the position that made her a star and settling into an entirely different role on the defense. We swiftly reached out to ask the former QB about her decision, and how a pure pocket passer QB is now suddenly attempting to play LB as soon as her professional career started.

"Well, the answer is simple: the team asked me if I would do it and I said yes. I had the chance to talk to Bageshwari Singh, who's a very skillful passer in his own right, before the team had approached me and I just knew he'd be a much more wonderful choice at the position than I would be. Now, I don't know how I feel being asked to play a position typically reserved for erm...bigger people, but I'm very confident in my "ball hawking" abilities, as they say. Though, for those curious, I've already made contact with another player in the league who seems like they know how to help me get into tip-top shape! I believe their name was Jason Garciaparra? They're a defensive end, so it's a bit of a switch from what I'm playing, but I do believe the core mechanics that they can teach me are very in-line with what I need to learn."

Wow. Well there you have it, folks! A lifetime of QB practice and all it took was a simple request for Blake to completely switch career courses! We decided to reach out to the Bondi Beach staff to see what they had to say on the situation.

"In our talks with Blake, we were surprised to find that they would agree to almost anything we asked of them. When it comes to these QBs, especially talented ones, you expect to find that they all have a sort of ego to them. It comes with the territory, after all. And to our knowledge, Blake was reportedly someone who was a bit of a hot head. But when you really sit down with her, just talking to her face to face, it's almost as if she's an entirely different person than what everyone had described. We were blown away by her commitment to being team first, so we figured that no matter what, we might as well draft her and take the shot.

Now, for why we asked her to switch to defense, it really just seemed like a natural connection. When you watched her play in the Prospect Bowl, the first stat that really pops out to you is how many interceptions she threw. It was a bit unexpected at the time, and all of the experts were sure that Blake had lost her talent, but what was really going on was clear: In her mind, she was already playing defense. I believe she threw something like 2, then 4, then 6 interceptions, and we really were just sitting there thinking "Damn, she's really committed to feeding those defenders." So, we're confident that her passion for the defensive side of the ball is going to translate into some really elite talent on the field."

As you can see, the Buccaneers really did their homework on this one! Only time will tell if this move translates into the results they're hoping for, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're rooting for you, Blake! Until then, dear readers, we'll leave you with one last juicy scoop: An early look at Blake's photoshoot with the team!

[Image: vdyfZ7m.png]
(Graphic created by @Starboy)

(605 words)

RE: Blake Baskin the LB?!? - Starboy - 01-08-2022

Jason Garciaparra? What a bum

RE: Blake Baskin the LB?!? - Trempale - 01-08-2022

Lmao, I guess throwing all those INTs in the prospect games worked out after all ?
Great article!