International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions (/showthread.php?tid=37132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Mavfatha - 01-13-2022

Well, I finished with the 3rd most pancakes in the league last season and only allowed 1 sack, so unless I had a ton of random penalties which aren't tracked unfortunately it would be difficult for me to improve too much on the player side. This is especially true with regression continuing to ravage my skills. I would still hope to be a competent lineman which has been the case early on this season. More importantly would be to help the team however I can in turning things around from last season. We had a rough season in finishing 5-11 which was tied for the worst in the NSFC. So technically anything other than last would be an improvement, but I would resolve for us as a team to at least reach 6 wins as well. We're actually 3rd in the ISFL in team talent aka TPE so this should not be an impossible task; we just need to take advantage of that talent out on the field better than we have in the past.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - mcgriddleluver - 01-13-2022

The new year is often the best time for a person to take a quick look in the rear view mirror and see where they've been to get where they're at. Having just won the Ultimini with the Norfolk Seawolves, Arnie Rufus has now been called up by his pro team the San Jose Sabercats. While he loved his time in the DSFL and couldn't have asked for a better sendoff from his old team hes excited for his opportunity to play in the pros and standout from the rest of the league. As a rookie Arnie's goal as of now is to just get better as a player every week. He knows that defensive tackles don't get as much love as they should and he doesn't mind that as long he and his team are aware that he is putting in the work to try ro better himself and his team. Right now Arnie has 4 tackles after 2 games and its a pace he's more than okay with and he aims to keep up with as the season goes on.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Z-Whiz - 01-13-2022

With a new season comes a new me. No literally... My previous player retired and his corpse is chillin in Arizona catching TD passes from the soon to be RotY and future MVP/HOF QB Wendell Sailor. Seriously, dude's a stud. But back to the point, so I don't get docked points for trying to squeak out 150 words (maybe this sentence shouldn't count either). My first player we a RB and this time around I went for the defensive side of the ball as a LB. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season with London and hope to make an immediate impact to their defensive front. It should be a fun go this time around and I'm hoping for some more playing time as a pro in the ISFL. That's one of the reasons I chose LB. At anytime there are 3 to 4 LBs on the field, so I won't have to worry about stepping to the side for future HOFs and GOATs. I'll keep on max earning and the goal is to be in the running for some awards and help bring London back to the playoffs (where we rightfully belong). I'm also looking forward to mentoring some of the other rookies London drafted as they seem like really cool dudes.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - qWest - 01-13-2022

It feels kinda rude to ask a player in the league as old as Tatsu Nakamura what they're looking to improve on.

Not to say that Nakamura, like every great player in the ISFL, isn't doing his best to try to get better every day, because he definitely is. However, Nakamura also knows that he's deep into a natural physical regression. Most teams don't expect to be able to hand the ball off to a running back 250-300+ times a year for nearly as long as Nakamura was able to do that. These days, a great deal of Nakamura's trademark burst and speed has fallen behind his peak and he's had to work hard to remold himself into a complimentary back that takes more like 150 carries a season and contributes here and there as a blocker and receiver.

Going into what could be his final season, Nakamura's primary resolutions involve his legacy. He has, at this point, written his name at the top of the record books in almost every category possible for a running back. So, at this point in his career, Nakamura is hoping to 1) run up his lead as much as possible on his current records, 2) try to see if he can get close to or surpass the the rushing yards lead, and 3) get into the top 10 for all-time points scored.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Alcott - 01-13-2022

This year Cole is really looking to be a bigger part of the offense. Despite  putting up some impressive numbers throughout his years in the league, he hasn't ever really been higher than third on the receiver depth chart in Colorado, so with the departure of William Lim and Tsuyu Asui, the only receiver above Cole this season is Raphael Delacour. Surprisingly the TPE difference between the two is quite minimal, and Delacour has the slight ratings advantage of 99 compared to Cole's 98, but either could operate as the team's number 1. With Cole optimizing as a speed receiver and Delacour a slot receiver, the two top receivers should compliment each other nicely in the Yeti's high powered offense, allowing for both to be statistically very successful. Ideally this partnership of speed and agility can not only produce a lot of points and stats, but also yield wins on the field for the team as well.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Memento Mori - 01-13-2022

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - jdourtled - 01-13-2022

Erwin didn't play many games last year, as he was simply a waiver pickup, but in those games he did pretty decently, averaging a little less than a first down per catch, as well as having a pretty good prospect bowl.

Going into the new year Kemp wants to build upon this success and help Norfolk defend their title as DSFL Champions. Whether he's the primary option on offense in his first year, it doesn't really matter, as long as he contributes to the success of the offense as a whole.

His selfish, more unrealistic goals, for the new year are to win the big awards, whether that be offensive rookie of the year, offensive player of the year, wide receiver of the year, or even most valuable player, all of which kemp has in his sights, whether that be in year one, or potentially more, depending on his eventual ISFL team's wishes.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - StadiumGambler - 01-13-2022

Saleem Spence's New Year's resolution is to improve the little things on his play this year. With the number one receiver spot for Sarasota his for the taking, Spence needs to make up for his (relative) lack of speed at the position with more intelligent route running, more physical blocking, and more stamina to help in the 4th quarter of play. For this purpose, Spence decided to run extra wind sprints, and run through extra-thick concrete walls in preparation for the upcoming season.

Saleem's also made a New Year's resolution to do more charitable work in the Sarasota area, donating food and cash to local soup kitchens, as well as helping local youths with their gridiron dreams by practicing Oklahoma drills and punt return crack blocks with the local Pop Warner team in the Sarasota Stadium parking lot. The concrete of the parking lot promotes player toughness by making the falls hard, and teaching these young ones the harsh reality of ISFL play. Hopefully Spence's New Year's resolutions lead to more personal success!

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - CementHands - 01-13-2022

Raphael’s big resolution for the new year and the new season is to eat less pizza. While he now lives in Orange County California, there should be a lot of options for fresh food that is probably more suited towards his reptilian diet and less heavy on cheese.
One of the big reasons this came up as a change needing to happen, was the fact that between playoff elimination and the start of preseason he gained 15 pounds! Now that might be a benefit for his position, but he really wants to focus on getting that weight from pure muscle. Stronger to help breaking the line and getting ball carriers on their butts.
Another resolution for Raphael is to get back to training and finally finish off his Karate black belt. He has been sitting on his red belt for far too long and he really wants to feel the accomplishment of completing that training, and some extended martial arts and body control will only help him on the line.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - JuOSu - 01-13-2022

PBE PT