International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions (/showthread.php?tid=37132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - gatormatthew - 01-14-2022

I'm a simple man. This year, I want to get faster, more agile, and everything in between. I'm already known as quite an elusive back, but there's no such thing as too fast. From the second I take my first step onto a DSFL field, defenders should be terrified to be left in the open field with me. I've also got a bit of a chip on my shoulder after being a late-fifth round draft selection. Too many running backs were drafted before me, I'm ready to prove all the teams that let me fall wrong. 

Apart from dominating on the field, I also hope to build a strong relationship with my team. Moving from a college-team environment to the pros might not be easy, but I guarantee that I'll still try to bring some level of wildness off the field! I think my teammates will be able to push me to get the best out of myself and I will push them to do the same. 

Go Birddogs!

(165 Words)

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - PigSnout - 01-14-2022

A new season is getting started and this could be a special one for Mattathias Caliban. With regression getting worse for him each year and the Yeti's quarterback of the future developing nicely in the DSFL, it looks likely that this may be the final season of Caliban's career as sources indicate that he plans to retire at the end of the season. So what resolutions will Caliban have for the final season of his career? It has been a strong career for Caliban as he has won an MVP and 2 Quarterback of the Year awards and he looks to be on pace to finish top 3 or possible top 2 on the career leaderboards for both passing yards and passing touchdowns. However, there is one obvious hole when looking at Caliban's career accomplishments: a championship. The Yeti made it to the Ultimus in Season 31 during Caliban's MVP season, but they ultimately fell short. This will be Caliban's last chance to win an Ultimus and that will be the #1 goal for him this season. While he still had a strong statistical season last season, the Yeti finished 7-9 and did not make the playoffs. So if Caliban wants to win a championship in his final season, he will need to learn how to start better translating his stats in to wins. There are several opportunities for Caliban to help his team win better if he can improve his efficiency, such as by completing more of his passes or throwing less interceptions. Though Caliban has had a good career, there is still plenty of room for him to improve and he will hope to make the improvements necessary in order to end his final season with a championship.

(Word Count: 290)

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Bellwood - 01-14-2022

In his first year in the league, Abe Froman is just looking to get his feet wet. My expectations for the season aren't overly high, but I'm hoping to be able to get the hang of things around here. With so many wide receivers on the Greyducks, odds are that Abe Froman isn't going to see a whole lot of targets. However, this will be a good year for him to really grind in the weight room and set himself up for future success.

I think that this will really just be a learning experience all around. I'm still trying to get the hang of the site and all the different moving pieces here, as well as the schedule and that type of thing. I think that if I'm able to establish myself on the site and post frequently here, that would be considered a pretty successful season in my book.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 01-14-2022

Orpheus has one resolution and one resolution only: bring a championship home for San Jose. That has been his goal from day one but now that he's got his feet under him a little bit he's ready to start putting in the work to really make it happen. The team has shown a lot of steady progress the past few seasons going from having one of the worst records in the league a few seasons ago to being on the verge of a playoff berth. Last season was brutal for Orpehus individually. Yes, he was just a rookie but for a prospect of his caliber he should have been able to do a lot more. This season he's already been making a big impact on the field and in the locker room being named the defensive team captain. But those little pieces still need to translate to the rest of the team too. Orpheus will stop at nothin to motivate the team to their first playoff appearance in sometime and soon thereafter, a champsionship.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Vikain - 01-15-2022

New year new me? After having a very relaxing New Years at home, avoiding many due to Covid, Raskolnikov has been making a commitment to get better and become a top receiver for OCO. “I have been working hard this offseason, and I’m trying to help this team.” Training has been going and the team has seen some good results from young playmaker. “He looks stronger and more confident in terms of making the big plays for us. Last year was just a baby step for him, now we expect him to be leader on the field do what we know he can do.” For Raskolnikov the pressure is there, a young player expected to help a struggling team, and now he is on his last year of contract. “I need to go out and make plays, obviously I want the team to want me and re-sign me. But at the same time I want to make more money and show that I can be a big contributing factor.”

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Asked Madden - 01-15-2022

Firstly, I'm doing this purely so I can affiliate link in SSL. Feel free to ignore.

Raylan Crowder has one huge new season resolution as he comes close to the end of his career. And that resolution is to get to the quarterback more. Earlier on in his career this was something he was able to do every second game or so but in the last couple of seasons this has dropped down to once every 3 or 4 games. He's meant to be a rusher but definitely comes across as more of a stroller.
Whatever you may think about Crowder and his complete mediocrity his career has certainly been a career. An absolute mainstay in the San Jose defence. As such he's set himself a second resolution alongside DL partner Otis Allen to try and force as many fumbles as possible in the upcoming season and to have as much fun as possible doing it. We may already be a quarter of the way through but they are enjoying it.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Urq660 - 01-15-2022

Guy Gibson knows what he needs to do this season. Make more damn plays!
Gibsons development has been somewhat hampered by some IA time as a prospect and a bit of a struggle earning, so spending less on equipment etc. but he’s finally getting to somewhere close to useful. So he needs to capitalise on that and start doing more. He has started strongly, with 2 Sacks and a pick over the first 4 games. More big plays like that will help make him a really good, functioning part of the SJS defence, rather than looking like a spare part! He is also getting a chance as a regular returner this season. Again, he needs to start making plays here. A couple of returning touchdowns would certainly help things!
It may have taken a while, but hopefully Gibson can see this resolution through and become a cornerstone (no pun intended) of this San Jose defence.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Bayley - 01-15-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - KenitohMenara - 01-15-2022

PT Pass - Updater

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - TubbyTim69 - 01-15-2022

PT Pass - Community Mod