International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions (/showthread.php?tid=37132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Jimi64 - 01-12-2022

DeSoto's new years resolution is to be able to get a hug from Matt Cross (@J0EB). He's been strangely cold towards me the last couple of weeks. It might be because I stole his Thomas the Tank Engine toy that he brought to practice, but there's no way that he could know it was me. I took all the precautions, and I even wore gloves with Willie Miller's (@Sebster) fingerprints on them, but it seems that Cross's search results have not caused him to implicate Miller in the theft. The secret to my football success has always been pre, post, and midgame hugs from Matt Cross. I am starting to break out in hives from the lack of physical contact, and my muscles are starting to weaken and lose their power. I am desperate. Even a side hug would do wonders. Philly will not win again until Cross hugs me. I have a great fear though....what if Cross learns that my hugs are actually draining his football talent, and he is starting to feel stronger than ever? This could be more serious than any of us know...

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - visceralpotamus - 01-12-2022

In 2021 Pasta has resolved to work on his hands and agility. Despite a very strong season last year, Pasta was very upset not to have led the league in interceptions, having lost the lead in the last few weeks o the season. He is hopeful that his offseason training regimen, his plant based diet, and daily mindfulness practice will help to propel him into the lead league in turnovers. A secondary goal is to pick up his first sack in the ISFL. While not traditionally a stat that safeties are looking to take on, pasta is convinced that getting a sack is not only within his wheelhouse, but something that is inevitable. The fact that he is in a rivalry with a linebacker has much to do with this being a goal of his. He hopes to utterly demoralize zephyr by doing what is supposed to be his specialty better than he can. With the new season underway, the optimism is unbridled!

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - AW13 - 01-12-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - shrub02 - 01-12-2022

WSBL AFFILIATE

Code:
175 WORDS

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - SchwarzNarr - 01-12-2022

This year Melvin has one singular focus. Sacks. At the start of the season he was only 32 sacks away from becoming the single greatest sacker in ISFL history. With his high being 19 sacks in a season, this is clearly not achievable this season, however, he is only 13 sacks away from the from tying second place, and 14 sacks away from hitting 2nd on his own. This is definitely more than achievable and Melvin has gone out of his way to make his goal known. Everywhere in the locker room is a count down of what he has to do, as well as he has to make sure that he started the season off with a bang. Hitting 3 sacks in the opening game of the season, Melvin is now only 11 sacks away from that sole 2nd place. There is still a lot of work that he has to do this season, but considering his original goal was to be as good as his mentor, Bubba Thumper, he is in awe of the place that he has found himself in at the beginning of the season.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - C9Van - 01-12-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - LordEscanor - 01-13-2022

New year, new me? Nah, New year, new LEAGUE! That’s right, it’s the same old me, but I’m up in the ISFL baby! I’m joining the Philadelphia Liberty as the newest receiver in town and I’m hoping to make myself known in a big way this year. It’s hard to say that my improvement this season will be visible to the naked eye. Last season, I dominated the DSFL, won WRotY, and was easily one of the best players in the DSFL in general. This is my first season in the ISFL and I’m surrounded by players currently better than me. By the end of the season though, I’ll make it known that I can hold my own with the big dogs and that I’m the future of this league at the WR position. It’s a championship season and Offensive Rookie of the Year or a bust. You can believe that.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - sarah - 01-13-2022

It's a shame that my player did not win kicker or punter of the year last season. This year though, I aspire to be pretty near close to max so that I can at least have a good chance. All my compatriots are gone, like Daybe Downbad and Levy Tate, which means that im without competition at my level unless some rookie magically decides to invest their life savings to get to the cap.

My first resolution is to get to that cap first. It would be great to at least definitively be one of the best kickers in the DSFL for the next few seasons. That will definitely happen when I finally hit the 250 TPE mark.

My second resolution is to finally win the kicker of the year or punter of the year award that I missed out on in the DSFL last season. I wont make it to ISFL for a while, might as well make my mark. They said I was close last season, let's not make it close this season.

Code:
175 words

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Talls - 01-13-2022

Nick Flint's goals for this season include improving what he already did last season and learn some new things along the way.  In the sack department, he spent the offseason watching tape and spending time with coaches to refine his technique and really get into the gritty detail about some of the advanced techniques used to get around offensive linemen.  He also spent a significant amount of time doing forced fumble drills to really hone in on that skill.  So far, it has paid off with 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles in the preseason.  It is really great to see the fruit of that labor.  He also spent some time with a receiving coach to really understand how to be a better receiver on the defense.  He hopes that this small effort will make him know his enemy a little better and make him slightly better in the pass defense game.  Finally, Flint spent a lot of time with family and friends before the busy season.  He wants to make sure to stay grounded and try to remember that no matter how bad things may get in the season, they will always be there for him.  Lastly, he wants to spend some time trying more English food, surely it is not all as bland as that one thing he tried his first weekend in London.

RE: (S33) PT 1 - Resolutions - Skindog44 - 01-13-2022

PT 33-1

Ioe Has had a rough go so far in his ISFL career. He hasn’t been producing like he has wanted to as the a first round draft pick. Some might even say that he his getting close to bust status. Well this year we are hoping to change that. Another year in the system and another year getting stronger will hopefully prove to be the difference needed to get Ioe over that hump and finally start being a producer on the this team. This is the second year he has been chosen as a team captain and he is very proud to have the trust of his team in that leadership role. That said Ioe has a high bar he has set for him self when it comes to his performance on the field. Is he looking to be an MVP? No and honestly not even looking to be a sack leader just someone whom the opposing defenses need to respect and game plan for. We just want to establish a line and be a distributor on the field.

Code: