International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors (/showthread.php?tid=37218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Fronk - 01-23-2022

My personal mentor is my oldest friend on the Minnesota Grey Duck team. He has been there since before the draft letting me know how to transition smoothly from being a brick wall on the offensive line to running through the ones that become the brick wall. I was nervous at first, but he assured me that becoming a power back was the right move for me and the team. I owe him all the success that I have experienced in this league and in the DSFL and all the future success I hope to have.

Even when pursuing league jobs and titles, I was hesitant until my mentor came in and gave me the courage to get a job. Now I am on the recruiting team and hopefully plan on becoming a mentor.

If my mentor is reading this right now, I want to express my gratitude to you in the most sincere way. So Quackers, the Minnesota team mascot, if you are here. Thank you.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - GuitarMaster116 - 01-23-2022

I had a couple of mentors in the league that led me to this point. To be honest, I never expected to be this involved with the leagues when I first joined about a year and a half ago. First of all, I have to really give it to @Kotasa, @Pat, and @deadlunatic. There were others in the Tijuana S25 class, but you three played by far the biggest part in keeping me around and active and involved within the league. I also wanted to say the GMs who drafted me were huge mentors for me. @SwankyPants31 and @mithrandir both brought me into Tijuana and were the best GMs I could ask for coming into the league, and I consider both good friends to this day. Other people I'd like to mention are @TomHanks, @ddrector, and @slothfacekilla as all three of them I have interacted a ton with over time and have helped me in my path to GMing NOLA and also have been great friends.

Code:
Word Counter: 166

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Oles - 01-23-2022

Of the many mentors that are available in the Oles family for a young Kazimir Oles JR, the biggest one that he had a chance to interact with was none other than his father’s QB, Joliet Christ. Because of the close connection that Kazimir and Joliet had in San Jose, even after Kaz departed for the Butchers they stayed in contact. For Kazimir JR, having this great ISFL QB be so close to him is how he decided to play QB in the first place, and before he knew it no longer was his favorite player dad, instead it was the SJS QB who threw passes to his dad. Joliet’s impact on Kaz has been long lasting, while Kaz SR was hoping to see hi son continue the legacy of great Oles players, and wanted to see it happen at WR, he was glad to see his son take such a liking to the QB position and dedicate himself to that. Joliet Christ was one of the biggest mentors and had one of the biggest impacts on Kaz JR’s life and career, leading him to the path he is at now.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Amidships - 01-23-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Frostbite - 01-23-2022

Carter Knight's does not limit himself to only having 1 mentor. That would be foolish. Carter has two mentors, one being Jimmy Garoppolo, and the other being Tom Brady. While this may seem like an odd combination at first glance, if only looks at Carter Knight they would definitely understand why. You see, Carter Knight is not an elite player, and his arm is subpar, so he has to learn from Jimmy G and Tom Brady, as they both were able to find playoff success and career success despite not really being good at throwing the ball long distances. Both Jimmy and Tom have taught Carter than you need to find yourself on a team with a good defense, and so that's what Knight did, landing himself on the current #1 defense team, the Sarasota Sailfish. Some may think that this is a coincidence, but this was all planned out in order to maximize Carter Knight's success. Their teachings have allowed for Knight to win games, and is a major reason why he is currently leading a winning team. Praise be to the teachings of the hot NFL QBs.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Tayjay - 01-23-2022

Pbe affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Unicorn - 01-23-2022

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1459&view=findpost&p=17364

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Daybe - 01-23-2022

Well here I am having to talk about a player that has personally mentored me, Jackson Kingston, wide receiver for the Sarasota Sailfish in the International Simulation Football League. For this point task I will be talking about none other than Dermot Lavelle Jr, the retired cornerback who spent time with both the Austin Copperheads and the Baltimore Hawks during his tenure. Now, Lavelle Jr just made the hall of fame, where his father had already made it, so props to him for that accomplishment. But Dermot has been a tremendous mentor for me throughout my career. His advice has propelled my career to another level, especially when I was a free agent and was looking into my options for my career. It is thanks to him and his advice that I have been able to maintain such longevity with my career stats and I am eternally grateful for the help he has offered my player.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Luciddreams702 - 01-23-2022

My mentors have come in three forms since joining the League. The first ones are the people who assisted me when I first created. The people who took me under their wings and put up with all my stupid questions. The second are the people who’ve helped me build my player positionally and showed me where to focus. The final group are the people who helped me achieve my ISFL Goal of becoming a General Manager. 
The first person I want to thank here, or mention would be @Painted, Poor painted he was one of the first people to welcome me to The League so I naturally felt comfortable talking to and asking any questions I had. You were the first person to guide me along in the league something I know you’ve brought to the Minnesota Locker Room as a GM. 
@slate and @katarn22  I still look up to you guys today. You not only helped me find my footing in this League as a Rookie but you both helped me become a GM as my Trainers and then Partners I cant thank you enough for the chances you’ve consistently taken on me throughout my career.
Nobody helped guide my player more than @Pib. Pib I hope you get a chance to read this one day. From the moment you started scouting me for the royals you were the biggest mentor Lucid Dreams had. Coming in behind Glenn Smart was a blessing seeing how you played every down and the way you helped develop the culture in the Locker Room. You showed me the type of DE that I wanted to be. I’m not sure there’s anyone who fits the description of mentor better than you or Glenn Smart. Lastly but certainly not least the user whose consistently been a part of my career and helping me develop as Player, User, and Gm @DeadlyPlayer . Sometimes rude and rough around the edges he defines team spirit and loyalty. Deadly has listened to my complaints, my rants, My plans, my pride and just about every other emotions I’ve had since becoming GM. You’ve always helped me see things straight and again I cant thank you enough.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - soryantyler - 01-23-2022

PBE PT