International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors (/showthread.php?tid=37218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - WildfireMicro - 01-17-2022

Trevor Lorenzen has had a couple of mentors in his football career, including his Kentucky football coaches. But the one I want to focus on for him is his high school football coach, Nick Brown. Nick had been at that school coaching for 10 years before Trevor got there, and originally put Trevor as an offensive lineman before he became a QB. While he was coaching Trevor, he was always extremely encouraging to the sometimes bullied boy and tried his absolute best to tell Trevor that his worth something despite his simple backwoods upbringing.

"I was born with a communication disorder that kept me from really talking for the first 14 years of my life." Nick once told Trevor after practice "but soon after my 14th birthday, I had enough and slowly but surely started learning how to talk. My voice still isn't perfect, but I can talk a hell of a lot better then I used to. So if a person like me can eventually become a successful football coach, then you can become anything you want."

Trevor now uses that as motivation for everything he does, and wants to make his high school coach proud

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Dp-420 - 01-17-2022

There have been so many people in my corner since I broke into the league, I don’t know that I can pinpoint my mentor as one person. One person that sticks out in my mind is CRUNK. Hes the one that convinced me to give ISFL a try, and he told me what I could expect as a QB in the league. Everything he said came true, and I'm really glad I gave him my trust because he was a trustworthy asset in this league and had definitely been instrumental in getting me to where I am today. 

Another person that I could consider a mentor would be Flyeagles, or better known as Colby Jack. Colby has been to the pinnacle for QBs in the ISFL. He has won the Ultimus and he has won the MVP award. He in my eyes is a guaranteed hall-of-famer and Im glad I had him to look toward for guidance and advice. 
The final one would be Kotasa. Ever since I was a waiver pick up by Tijuana and I was told by another QB I was a clipboard holder (in which I replied you better hope they don’t play me, cuz I wont be holding this clip board much longer) this man seen the potential in me and has given me advice and tips on everything from how to handle certain situations to strats for the WFC’s Atlantic Midwest squad. 

Code:

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - ctots - 01-17-2022

Theo Lariat was a soccer player before his time on the football field. It wasn't until late in his high school career that he was approached by the special teams coach about becoming a kicker for the football team. That coach, Mitch Kickoff, would become Lariat's biggest supporter and an essential part of the high school and college level success that Theo executed. When asked about his thoughts, Lariat shared the following:

"Coach Kickoff convinced me to move from soccer to football, and I'll be forever thankful to him for that. He saw potential in me that I never would have seen, and it's gotten me to pretty incredible places. Coach was the first person to put a football in my hands. We talk regularly and meet for breakfast whenever I'm back in town. Last time I was there, he was wearing my jersey. That's a surreal feeling, for sure. The pressure is on me to show the league what a good talent scout he is, I guess!"

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Amadan - 01-17-2022

I'll never forget my mentor, the one who really helped me build my amazing muscles, taught me how to slow down and contemplate the moment as it happened, and was always there for me to provide me with compassion, warmth, and milk.

Big Bessie, the Friesian cow on our farm was my wrestling partner, mentor, and friend.

Too big for all the other kids, I was kept from most competitive sports at a young age, so was left to butt heads with Bessie, try to tip her over, and eventually she became a willing participant for me to bench press her.

When they did finally allow me to play with the other kids, I dislocated one kid's shoulder just by throwing a ball to him. It was at that moment I realized what I had in Bessie: A large slab of meat who wouldn't break so easily.

I can't wait to visit her again in the off season. The chumps here have nothing on her.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Cincyfan96 - 01-17-2022

Hmm...How do I say this without giving my friend a big head? The man, the "mith", and the legend who brought me into this league was mithrandir, the creator of Andrew Witten. As anybody who has been in this league for a long time knows, it takes a lot of work to build a max build render and while Schell did not lead the league in TPE, he was top ten at his peak! More importantly, Schell peaked at a slightly higher max TPE that Witten (ahhhhh booyah!) While this little side goal was fun to keep in mind, the more important aspect of this mentorship was getting to enjoy this league with someone outside of the world of Discord locker rooms. It has been fun celebrating successes together and being motivated to push through when things get tough. In the world of athletics and team sports, it is impossible to make it to the end of a career successfully without having people pushing you to achieve. I'm thankful that mithrandir has been one of those people for me - even in the silly world of online dots football. To many more successful years of his career both as a player and a team leader in the ISFL.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Reno - 01-17-2022

SHL PT

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Pvtpenne - 01-17-2022

I haven't been teammates with an active Tight End in my 3 seasons thus far, both in the DSFL and in the ISFL so I can't simply cite an elder statesman at my position that I took the reins from. Instead my mentors have come from the other parts of the offense rather than simply the tight end room. In my singular season in London, Dustin Parmelee and Bradley Welch were great mentors simply from their experience alone, S31 was their 3rd DSFL season for the Royals (which is experienced in DSFL terms) and just my 1st. It's always nice to come into a locker room with a veteran QB / WR combo that's already established to help you learn the ropes quickly. Stepping into San Jose wasn't exactly the same situation. San Jose has a mix of old vets and young up and comers. Jamar Lackson being a decade older than me is an obvious choice for who was the main locker room leader in my rookie season alongside budding superstar Zach Crossley. They've been great for the young guys on the offense like Mason Malone, Jaycee Higgins, and myself.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Jangorhino - 01-17-2022

[Image: pt2.png]
my mentors

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - RavensFanFromOntario - 01-17-2022

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=121580&pid=3162744#pid3162744
HabsFanFromOntario

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - g2019 - 01-17-2022

SHL Affiliate