International Simulation Football League
(S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors (/showthread.php?tid=37218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - TheNC206 - 01-17-2022

In my short time here i have learned some very important things from a lot of people, however the person that helped me the most was @RussDrivesTheBus . Now although I've learned to ask a lot of questions to as many people as possible, Russ probably helped me the most From doing things such as just cheering me on and even just answering some simple questions for me, he has been a lot of help. He is also the reason that i chose to apply for the Rookie Mentor Job. His helpfulness helped me a lot and is the reason that i want to continue help as many people as possible. I'm not sure where i'd be in this league without what he did for me and I have promised myself to continue to help other people the way that he helped me. Hope you're reading this Russ! We in the ISFL thank you for all that you do! 

158 words

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - slate - 01-17-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - BOOM™ - 01-17-2022

[Image: dayre.png]

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - .emfaith - 01-18-2022

PBE Affiliate emfaith

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Urq660 - 01-18-2022

Guy Gibson has had a couple of huge influences on his career. Interestingly, though, they do not share a position with him, as Mentors so often do. Also, they were not within his development team. When he was drafted by the San Jose Sabrecats, that’s when his development kicked up a gear! A pre-existing relationship with star DE Raylan Crowder was the catalyst. He helped Gibson navigate his early days in the league. His tutelage under players of a much larger stature continued with linebacker Lawrence Bass and lineman Jaja Dindong. Their influence on him wasn’t so much on his game as on how he slots into the system, how to be the best team player possible and how to make the most of the opportunity that being drafted by San Jose has given him. Unending support from these players, and the GMs of both Bondi Beach and San Jose have helped Gibson develop into the player he is today!

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Raven - 01-18-2022

Code:
Written option: Talk about your personal mentor who helped you get to the stage you are at right now, whether you are at the ISFL level or the DSFL level. Tell us who that mentor was and how did they inspire you to get you to where you are today.

Back in S25 when Davriel Lavigne had been drafted to the Honolulu Hahalua. He found himself struggling in the transition to the big league. Luckily he had two great mentors at his ready. In Shawn Dawkins and Buck Thornton. Especially Dawkins proved to be a great mentor to the young struggling Lavigne. Dawkins was 3 years older than Lavigne and had also been playing in the major league for 2 of those years. Despite Dawkins not being that much older than Lavigne, he had matured greatly since joining the league. He had excellent knowledge about the safety position, was always optimistic and knew how to adapt and grow with criticism. These are skills he all gave to Lavigne. Even years after the mentoring started, Lavigne knew he could go to Dawkins with anything that troubled him. Even now with Dawkins having retired from football and Lavigne being close to his career end as well. If he needs help, he knows where to ask.

[163 words]

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Trempale - 01-18-2022

My first personal Mentor was @NicholasTheGreat, he helped me get started in the League, he drafted me 3rd overall and immediately started to teach me everything I needed to know about being a GM. I started out in the war room and started to scout my first prospects after the trade deadline. After my Rookie Season he gave me the chance to step up as a GM and mentored me through my first offseason. Very exciting stuff!

Onfield I had a couple mentors! I created the Tight End University and we have some absolutely great TEs in there! As I am a Vertical Threat I learned a lot from Borgo San Lorenzo and the Buccaneer Allumni @"unconfident69"! But after being drafted to Baltimore I worked closely together with another Tight End University member, @King Jellyfish. The Season before I got called up Jelly broke the record for most Pancakes by a Tight End in one Season. The plan was for us two to work together very closely. He said he's mainly focused on getting pancakes and I was more interested in Yards. It was a perfect fit from the get go. We created a bit of a healthy rivalry while still helping each other, he helped me a lot in my overall TE game and I was able to help him with route running. We even had a big media showdown at the end of the season about who would get more receiving yards. I won and now I get to call myself "The Better Tight End" in the Baltimore Locker room. A role, that I will wear with honor, knowing that it was a great achievement to get more receiving yards than Jelly in my Rookie Season. Especially as a 1st year call up.

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - OrbitingDeath - 01-18-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Bayley - 01-18-2022

PBE PT - Affiliate

RE: (S33) PT 2 - Mentors - Minnesotafine - 01-18-2022

SHL Affiliate (Username is Bfine)