International Simulation Football League
*Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) (/showthread.php?tid=37302)

*Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Michiganonymous - 01-25-2022

With Week 8 now in the books, and Week 9 rapidly approaching, it’s time to crank out some reflections on Season 33 at its halfway point.

So let’s hand out some Unofficial Mid-Season Awards, shall we?

MVP: GOAT TANK, RB, Berlin Fire Salamanders BER
Rushing: 928 yards, 16 TD
Receiving: 20 catches, 243 yards, 2 TD

With rare exception, this is going to be a quarterback award. However, I think this might be one of those exceptional years. When you’ve scored literally half of your team’s total touchdowns (18 out of 37) for the year, that makes you a pretty dang Valuable Player. I don’t think any single player has contributed as much to his team’s success this season so far as GOAT TANK. The Fire Salamanders are just 4-4 on the year, which dents his candidacy a little, but also begs the question: where would they be without him? GOAT TANK is on pace to smash the existing records for rushing yards and rushing touchdowns with games to spare. Oh, and he’s averaging 4.9 yards per carry. Congratulations to his fantasy owners. A quarterback could perhaps make a late MVP charge, but we’re in the middle of what's likely to be the best running back season in league history.

Offensive Player of the Year: Wendell Sailor, QB, Arizona Outlaws ARI
181/276 (65.6%) / 2485 yards / 25 TD / 7 INT / 113.9 QBR

My philosophy on this award is that it should generally go to a position other than quarterback, particularly when a quarterback wins MVP. But since my MVP at the halfway point is a running back, let’s give this award to Wendell Sailor, who has the Arizona Outlaws comfortably atop the ASFC at 6-2. He’s the only QB in the league with a passer rating above 100 for the season so far, and comfortably leads the league in touchdown passes with 25.

Quarterback of the Year: Sailor

In the conversation: Mattathias Caliban COL , Jackie Daytona AUS

Running Back of the Year Century: GOAT TANK

Wide Receiver of the Year: Jake Fencik PHI 
61 catches, 783 yards, 6 TD

In the conversation: Bayley Cowabunga AUS , Taro Raimon ARI 

Jake Fencik has picked up right where he left off after last year’s outstanding season. At the halfway point he’s caught 6 touchdown passes and leads the league in catches and yards. Copperheads fans may protest that Bayley Cowabunga has an additional TD and is tied with Fencik at 12.8 yards per catch, so it will be interesting to watch these two All-Pros battle it out in the second half of the year! Taro Raimon’s 11 TDs raise the eyebrows, but just 46 catches could be a sign that we’ll see some regression to the mean in Weeks 9-16.

Tight End of the Year: Mario Messi SAR 
48 catches, 355 yards, 2 TD, 36 pancakes

In the conversation: Sal Ami HON , Buffalo Hunter YKW

Sal Ami leads all TEs in TDs with 4 on the year so far, and Buffalo Hunter is on pace for a 1000-yard season, but Mario Messi is proving he’s the most complete TE in the league. He’s a big target in the redzone and a reliable safety blanket for rookie QB Carter Knight, but Messi really earns his money as a blocker. It’s an underrated, underappreciated aspect of the TE’s job, but Messi is the league’s best at it. He’s on pace to exceed his personal best of 64 pancakes in a season, and hasn’t been charged with allowing a sack since Week 3 of Season 31.

Offensive Lineman of the Year: Icebox Riposte CHI
62 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed

In the conversation: Alexander Franklin PHI , Connor Quigley AUS 

On pace to exceed 120 pancakes for the second consecutive season and yet to allow a sack, the Butchers’ veteran left tackle has been as reliable as ever. He has 9 more pancake blocks than San Jose’s JaJa Ding Dong and 11 more than Sarasota’s Stumpy Jones, the only other linemen with 50+ pancakes and no sacks allowed so far.

Stay tuned for the Unofficial Mid-Season Awards for defense and special teams, coming *soon!

*if I remember and have time to write them...

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Frostbite - 01-25-2022

Messi really has been like a 6th OL this season. ELITE

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Michiganonymous - 01-26-2022

(01-25-2022, 02:25 PM)Frostbite Wrote: Messi really has been like a 6th OL this season. ELITE

Probably Sarasota’s team MVP this season, no lie.

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Pat - 01-26-2022

Great article! Franklin about to have a 20 pancake game to make up for that sack he allowed on Monday.

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - unconfident - 01-26-2022

(01-26-2022, 10:49 AM)Michiganonymous Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 02:25 PM)Frostbite Wrote: Messi really has been like a 6th OL this season. ELITE

Probably Sarasota’s team MVP this season, no lie.
It's definitely not Carter knight @Frostbite

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Dp-420 - 01-29-2022

I think this article woke Parm up from his eternal slumber. Dude had BALLED out last 3 games.

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - BOOM™ - 01-30-2022

(01-29-2022, 08:12 AM)Dp-420 Wrote: I think this article woke Parm up from his eternal slumber. Dude had BALLED out last 3 games.

Six games left. Can you please throw me one TD?

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - Dp-420 - 01-30-2022

(01-30-2022, 07:15 AM)BOOM™ Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 08:12 AM)Dp-420 Wrote: I think this article woke Parm up from his eternal slumber. Dude had BALLED out last 3 games.

Oof. I hear you man. I noticed that. Lead the league in receptions and yards by a TE with 60 and 627, but no tuddies. Thats criminal. Looks like when we get in the red zone or goal to go, we hand it off for a TD instead of passing it. Sorry bro. Hopefully throughout the last 6 games we can get you in the endzone big guy.

RE: Season 33 Mid-Season Awards (1/2) - BOOM™ - 01-30-2022

(01-30-2022, 12:01 PM)Dp-420 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 07:15 AM)BOOM™ Wrote:

Oof. I hear you man. I noticed that. Lead the league in receptions and yards by a TE with 60 and 627, but no tuddies. Thats criminal. Looks like when we get in the red zone or goal to go, we hand it off for a TD instead of passing it. Sorry bro. Hopefully throughout the last 6 games we can get you in the endzone big guy.

[Image: cross-praying.gif]