International Simulation Football League
Otis Allen Retires - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Otis Allen Retires (/showthread.php?tid=37426)

Otis Allen Retires - KoltClassic - 02-03-2022

Otis Allen is formally retiring from the ISFL at the end of his 13th year in San Jose. Last night was a big night for the Meatball: he officially made his 615th tackle to become #1 all time for DTs in tackles ( I think). Although he never won any individual awards, I think Otis was one of the premier run defenders in the league throughout his tenure with the Sabercats. Additionally, winning back to back Ultimus trophies in San Jose was pure chaos. I enjoyed every second.

In addition to Otis retiring, I’ll also be more or less stepping away from the league. It has been quite a fun 2+ years in the league. I was thankful to receive a Most Dedicated Member award for the Dotts work that we accomplished, and although I don’t currently plan on recreating I’ll probably keep an eye on Dotts to help out when I can. I’m so thankful to everybody who has helped to coordinate Dotts and to everybody who continues to participate. It has been such a fun challenge to undertake; being able to hear feedback from the community about new features or see the excitement of new cards will never get old.

Thank you as well to everybody in the SJS locker room for being so kind and friendly these last couple years. I’ll always be grateful for being drafted to SJS and for getting to become a part of a great team, win or lose.

There are a ton of mentions I could give specifically, but I’ll keep it brief and leave you with a song:

To the tune of “On Top of Spaghetti”

Middle of division, the ASFC
I lost my poor Meatball,  not to injury
He rolled over linemen, he sacked QBs more
But now my poor Meatball, can’t play anymore
He was mediocre, n’er won an award
But he gained some friendships, can’t ask for much more
So if you knew Otis, all that he decrees
Remember the Meatball, with smiles not tears please

RE: Otis Allen Retires - RussDrivesTheBus - 02-03-2022

You are the shining example of what a Sabercat should aim to be. Incredible human. Hope to see you back in the league some day! Roll on, Meatball!

RE: Otis Allen Retires - Asked Madden - 02-03-2022

That is a beautiful song. The absolute unsung hero of San Jose.
Man deserved awards!

RE: Otis Allen Retires - ckroyal92 - 02-03-2022

Cannot overstate how much we've appreciated having you around for the last 2 years. Love ya dearly, Kolt.

RE: Otis Allen Retires - qWest - 02-03-2022

A sad day in San Jose I see

RE: Otis Allen Retires - Net - 02-03-2022

You’ve been an amazing user in the short time I’ve been in SJS. I hope to see you stick around the lr if you will otherwise congrats on retirement!

RE: Otis Allen Retires - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 02-04-2022

*crying* I'll.... I'll have the spaghetti and meatballs

RE: Otis Allen Retires - HENDRIX 2.0 - 02-04-2022

Congrats on the 13 season grind!