International Simulation Football League
LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=37452)

Pages: 1 2 3

LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - TomHanks - 02-04-2022

It has been discovered that @LANEFROST has, on at least two occasions, sent hostile and inappropriate messages to users in a public facing area. Due to the nature of the threats, HO has decided to leave out specific details in order to maintain the anonymity of those involved. HO expressly denounces and prohibits threatening other users under any circumstances and will do our best to ensure all members of the league find this community to be safe and inviting to all.

These comments are in violation of the Conduct Detrimental to the League rules, which are as follows:

Conduct Detrimental to the League is any user action that is reported to HO and meets two or more of the below criteria. Reports made to head office should include screenshots of the offensive behavior whenever possible. Reports will be investigated and, if any of the above criteria are found to be met, the user will be suspended from the spaces where the offending behavior occurred and may face additional penalties in the forms of fines or player suspensions. Repeated offenses will result in heavier fines and/or lengthier suspensions or permanent bans as deemed necessary.
a. Takes place in an official league owned space, including but not limited to:
General chat
Rookie chat
Management chat
Forums
b. Takes place in a public facing area that clearly represents the league as a whole, including but not limited to:
Player or team twitter accounts
Forums such as reddit recruitment threads
c. Contains NSFW imagery
d. Contains hateful or offensive language

The comments specifically violate IX.C.1.B and IX.C.1.D, and as such LANEFROST will receive the following punishment:

A 4 week suspension running from February 4th to March 4th. Immediately following this suspension, the user will also have 4 weeks of probation running from March 4th until April 1st.

These instances are very similar to the incident CLG Rampage was punished for here, and as such the same punishment has been issued to LANEFROST.

It is important to remember that threats of any kind have no place in this league. Please be mindful and considerate of others.

As always, LANEFROST may reach out to any member of the appeals team to appeal this punishment.

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - platanocat - 02-04-2022

Who is lanefrost

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - Crodyman - 02-04-2022

There's not a single helmet safe in Minnesota this night.

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - Sebster - 02-04-2022

leak the messages tommy boy

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - platanocat - 02-04-2022

How are we supposed to know what not to say if HO doesn’t leak the messages?

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - SwankyPants31 - 02-04-2022

Can't believe you would do him like this on National Homemade Soup Day

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - nunccoepi - 02-04-2022

???

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - UpperNet - 02-04-2022

Hey guys keep in mind that he is a kid. I know non of use was perfect at a young age, so don't be too hard on him. Im sure he'll reflect and try to work towards to becoming a better person. Alot of use duck guys are giving helpfull tips too

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - FootballIsCool - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 02:41 PM)SwankyPants31 Wrote: Can't believe you would do him like this on National Homemade Soup Day
I'm eating my homemade beef and vegetable to pay respects

RE: LANEFROST Code of Conduct Punishment - Jiggly_333 - 02-04-2022

Alright, first of all: To all the people meme-ing this thread, fuck off. He's a kid. He's got some issues. Be respectful. I'm pretty sure I know exactly who reported him and I don't think it's right to just whip this shit out.

And that gets to my second point that, again, Lane is just a kid. He's fuckin 15 years old. When I was 15, I was a raging anti-feminist and one of my closest friends would end up becoming one of the faces of fascism in America. I'm a much much much better person at 22 than I was at 15 and I still don't think I've done enough improvement. Everyone's got the opportunity to grow, everybody should be working every day on becoming a slightly kinder person than the day before. That's what the anime quote in my sig was for the longest time. He's a kid, he's got time to grow.

The third thing is a bit more pointed. I really think we should start considering an age limit for the league. Almost every time I've seen a user with chronic issues with the rules, they've been a high school kid. Sure, you can call me out or whatever on what I've done, but I have done my best at every turn to try to help teach these kids some form of empathy to the point where eventually I was "league mom". I'm genuinely proud of my boys for having grown up as people and that they're not little pieces of shit still. They got the chance to improve. But it shouldn't be on the shoulders of those in the league to be mothers to these boys. There are obviously adults who have issues with empathy and need to learn a thing or two about kindness, but at least then they're treated like adults and given adult punishments because they should've learned by now. When dealing with these kids, it gets trickier.
You read this punishment and it is the same sort of callous boilerplate sentencing that you would see in an actual professional format. That's normal in the adult world. But when we bring in a high school student, tell them they're "in violation of the code of conduct and will be penalized" that sounds like the principal saying they need you to call your parents and you know that was the scariest fucking thing you had to do in school (I had to do it so many times and it's the worst). It tells the kid that they fucked up and there's nothing they can do to fix it. When it comes to punishing a kid, you need to make it a moment for them to learn from and unfortunately, the rules in this league are never going to have a delicate touch because we NEED to make sure everyone is treated equally. Even the children. Because if not, then we're talking about preferential treatment.
So yeah, get rid of the kids. There are a few success stories, but there are many more who end up either walking away for one reason or another or they cause trouble and then leave when they feel unwanted.

I had a very contentious relationship with Lane in the Minnesota LR and the DSFL gen chat. He understands that at this time he hasn't done enough to deserve forgiveness for the things he's done and said to certain people. But I want him to understand that forgiveness is a process to work on. You aren't the same person forever and you can take moments like this to learn to become that better person. I've come back to this league still on my own journey to work towards forgiveness from a few people and I'm not just gonna let him chicken out and quit before he's even started.

Lane: Don't be a fucking quitter and get good. Because it's gonna help you a lot in life if you can learn that now.