International Simulation Football League
*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft (/showthread.php?tid=3746)

Pages: 1 2

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - Bayley - 08-28-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]As you can see, I am psyched about this next draft. I created this lazy man's guide to the Season 3 Draft. This will include the Prospects up until this point and the projected range in which they will be drafted. I look forward to seeing the comments!

[Image: Capture_zpsk3l3ghtv.jpg]
[Image: Capture2_zpszasjcpf8.jpg]

Quarterback
Clifford Rove will headline the Quarterback class of Season 3. It is likely that this guy will be the first one off the board. He has been very dedicated in training which will earn him that spot. However, Mark Strike is right behind him. I think that the need for QB is not as high as these prospects would have hoped. Had they been in another position, I think both could have been first round prospects. However, Strike may have to settle for a later round pick with a spot in the Developmental League in their rookie year. James Baker is lucky to get drafted, but likely will be a developmental QB for a team. I think that Rove has the best chance of being successful in the NSFL.

Running Back
Jaxon Tuck headlines this class of Backs. It is highly likely that this guy will see a spot in the first round based off talent. The question is, does any team have a spot for him? This guy could easily see himself getting a first round draft card on some teams, but will his team this year be the spot for him? Arizona currently sits with the top pick in the draft, but highly unlikely they go with this guy with this pick. I think that Erlich Burnsman can also be a good prospect, but likely will end up in the developmental league. Jovan Grujicic will be a late round selection likely to go down to the developmental league as well.

Wide Receiver
Trey Willie is going to be a stud. The question is, are there other positions of need over WR that this guy may fall? If you find him in the 6-8 pick of the first round, that team better take the guy. I will not be surprised if this guy ends up in the top 4 picks of the draft. Brian Wheat, on the other hand, is someone that will be a late round draft pick with time in the developmental league in his future. The hope is that teams may be looking for WR, but I am not sure the need is there given the amount of active WR in this league.

Tight End
This is the position of need for a lot of the teams, so these guys will be going in the middle rounds, probably looking as more of a reach. I believe Sebastian Joyce will be the first person off the board as high as the second round. Ben Hartsock may not go much further than that given the fact that there are only two. Teams have a need in this position, so this will definitely control the market.

Offensive Line
Look at the depth at the Offensive Line. Sammy Walters, Francois Lamoreaux, Antonio Sandoval, and Archetype Schmarchetype will headline this. I think Antoinio Sandoval, Francois Lamoreux, or Archetype Schmarchetype will be the players that teams will look back and question why they did not select them earlier. I feel like these will be the key players to take in this draft. If you end up with some of the others, I think you will be happy, but not as happy if you take these three in the draft. These guys could play a huge part in the upcoming season. I would say they are worth the first round look and definitely the second round selection.

Kicker/Punter
Iyah Blewitt is going to be a first round selection. Write that down, cash it in. I think this guy can be a huge player for a lot of teams. The FGs are going to be an important 3 points as well as the Punting is going to be huge to change positions. If you need a K/P, here is your guy. He is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grab this guy. Why would any team miss that opportunity? It is unlikely to have a NSFL ready player come out of the draft this ready to succeed.

Defensive Tackle
If you are looking for a guy to plug the center of your line and stop the run, you must be licking your lips because here is the draft. Godfrey King and Ricardo Sandoval are the two you need to be picking. These guys can make an impact right away for any team. These are the guys that could definitely go top 3 or fall to the second round. If they fall any lower than 8, you better be picking them because you are going to get yourself a steal. This is a great draft for DT, so get yours here while you can.

Defensive End
I actually very much like Eidur Gustavsson as a Defensive End. I have a strong feeling that this person could be a steal in this draft. If you are looking for a project with a high potential, this is the person for you. I think Gustavsson is absolutely the person to get in this draft for DE. I think Sal Dfedemi could be a solid pick, but there is a lot to be seen there.

Linebacker
#1 Pick Brice Boggs headlines the Linebacker class. However, I think Julian O'Sullivan is an extremely solid pick as well. I think this is a strong position, possibly the strongest position on the defense. These two picks both have All-Star potential. Boggs will definitely be a top 2 pick, let's see how this works, but the team taking O'Sullivan will not be disappointed either.

Cornerback
Would I be conceited if I said that Benson Bayley will be the best CB of this draft? Tyler Grant had a head start, but has recently fallen behind on TPE to Bayley. I think Artist Boogie is also going to be a guy that will be loud in the locker room and on the board. If there is a team looking for a CB, there might be an interesting progression in the first round considering Bayley, Grant, and Boogie are the only 3 that have declared. I will be curious to see how this pans out.

Safety
Gavin Graham is part of the draft class. Hopefully more players join. [/div]
Quote:Words: 1,368

GRADED

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - Roshambo - 08-28-2017

[Image: 0mKXcg1.gif]

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - iamslm22 - 08-28-2017

I believe JD Boom is also a season 3 rookie. Dude has been killing it for us in Baltimore.

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - manicmav36 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 01:32 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:I believe JD Boom is also a season 3 rookie. Dude has been killing it for us in Baltimore.

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - TheMemeMaestro - 08-28-2017

Great work, Just a comment. I'm at 118, just there were some problems with my update, so it's not official, so I understand why Its listed as 78

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - iamslm22 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 02:57 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:[Image: giphy.gif]

Hahahahaha thought about keeping it quiet, but dude deserves credit.

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - manicmav36 - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 03:10 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Hahahahaha thought about keeping it quiet, but dude deserves credit.

Yeah, he's been killing it for us.

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - 08-28-2017

A boogie wit da hoodie

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - JuOSu - 08-29-2017

You mentioned me in your text but I am somehow not in the graphic Smile Just letting you know!

Nevermind I am dumb, I just found myself haha

*Lazy GM Guide to Season 3 Draft - Noble - 08-29-2017

Excited to see what you do as the next big CB prospect!