International Simulation Football League
*Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. (/showthread.php?tid=37610)

*Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - j00 - 02-15-2022

That's right, Juno Hu is retiring, because the user is retiring. Frankly, the passion and joy for what I set out to do with this player is gone. Factors include depression, laziness, and having to deal with HO on pretty much every media post I make. For those that know, I take my shitposting seriously. Some of those posts take me hours to write, and it is discouraging to spend 5-6 hours on a piece of media for it to not only be rejected, but to be threatened with a ban, too. Max earning is stressful enough, and I'm not willing to just write boring, plain low-effort blathering for the sake of word count and cheap money. What's the point of media if it isn't a fun read?

And yes, the topics in my posts tend to be quite degenerate, but it is ultimately what I find fun. I am a degenerate, after all, and this is me being tame, to be honest. But HO has made it clear to me that they want a family-friendly, rated G for Ga---er, PG league, therefore I no longer wish to participate. A fake professional football league without scandals, drama, trash talking, misconduct, etc.? Where is the fun? You mean to tell me that most of the joy stems from the sim itself? Get the fuck outta here. The sim is trash, and that is said with no disrespect to anyone but Wolverine Studios. It is an absolute miracle that a league like this can even exist to begin with, given the state of football sim games.

So with that, I want to give shoutouts to everyone who *did* make this league enjoyable for me. In no particular order:

@frazzle14 for being my rookie mentor and also signing me in Austin, and maybe keeping me from getting banned too early.
@Tonzy @GuitarMaster116 for drafting me to Tijuana. Tonzy, yer a legend.
@Kotasa @Daybe @White Cornerback @Blasoon for all the gay sex. no homo.
@AL_GRINGO @deadlunatic @209tacos @slothfacekilla @Pat @mithrandir @Ben @KaleSalad @bowl0 @Rangerjase @dude_man @JayWhy75 @Jay_Doctor @Dewalt27 @ddrector @SwankyPants31 @JPach @TomHanks @Exilate @Rufio_NZ @KezKincaid And really everyone in the TIJ LR aka best LR. Sorry if I left you out.
@firstfray @Gragg9 good luck further in the league. You win this one, Gragg.
@ckroyal92 @Asked Madden @BenDover @RussDrivesTheBus and the rest of the SJS crew. Sorry I didn't stay in San Jose, but big thanks for drafting me and letting me do my thing, as well as letting me explore the league.
@JuOSu @Nokazoa NOLA is basically ISFL-TIJ, so the above covers most. Thanks for the 1-year ride!
@Mooty99 @Kyle @Kyamprac @Patey @Skindog44 @"unconfident69" @Amidships @JKortesi81 @mango8154 and the rest of the AUS crew. Thank you guys for the past two seasons and for facilitating my shenanigans.
@infinitempg @Bigred1580 Fuck you guys for taking my draft spot. Big Grin But seriously, good luck further in the league and life, even though we've not interacted much.
@Luciddreams702 Good luck with your podcast, and further in the league!

If I left anyone out, my bad. Good luck in the league and in life to everyone who reads this.

As for HO, I get it. No hard feelings. You gotta do what you gotta do. But that means I go now. Good luck with the league, former, current, and future HO members. At the end of the day, it is a tough and thankless job.

Don't know if I'll remake, assuming my latest piece hasn't gotten me banned, but if I do, I'll probably just be a boring ol' DSFL lifer or somethin'.

Be good to one another and all that, and see y'all on the other side.

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - Mooty99 - 02-15-2022

I am disappointed by the lack of profanity in this, who in HO wrote this for you!

All jokes aside we loved having you in Austin, you were a blast to chill with in the locker room please don't be a stranger.

AUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUS

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - firstfray - 02-15-2022

Sad to see you go but I gotta say I loved my time on the Seafarers for the prospect bowl with you. Getting hyped for those games were probably one of the best times I've ever had in the league so thanks for that mate. Wishing you the best with wherever life takes you but feel free to hit me up if you ever need someone to chill and talk to!

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - unconfident - 02-15-2022

Thanks for everything bud, hope you can come back one day!

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - Luciddreams702 - 02-16-2022

Sorry to see you go man, The Juno Hu Character is one that won’t be easily forgotten that’s for sure lol.. Gotta say I Agree with @Mooty99 I’m very surprised by the lack of profanity here.. ?? Good luck, wishing you the best.

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - deadlunatic - 02-16-2022

Sadface! You will be missed

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - slothfacekilla - 02-16-2022

the sim gods needed a shitposter in sim heaven, rip in peace

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - frazzle14 - 02-16-2022

Sad to see you go man but was glad to have you in Austin for the time we had you!!

RE: Goodbye ISFL, at least for a while. - Patey - 02-17-2022

When I seen I was tagged in your post, I was not sure what to expect. But thank you for bringing some excitement into the Austin LR, you will be missed, hopefully we will see you back one day!